Gale Hayman Delicious Cotton Candy

Gale Hayman Delicious Cotton Candy

4.3

I love this scent it is just so yummy! Yes, it’s similar to Pink Sugar for sure but I actually like this better because it doesn’t have the burnt note. Also the opening isn’t screechy at all it’s very smooth and it’s like a pink cloud of cotton candy. When I wear this I feel very girlie it’s what I wanted in a gourmand fragrance. It smells like heaven, it’s sweet but not headache inducing at all, my boyfriend loves this, and I feel good when I wear this.

I love it especially with the cold weather that is here for months so this will be one of my winter scents. I wear this more than Pink Sugar because I just like it better on me. The sillage is moderate and longevity is there i layer with lotion so I find that locks in my scent. I love this because it’s a true cotton candy I also get vanilla,brown sugar,caramel, and some fruit like strawberries.

I like that I cannot smell the cedar at all as that usually doesn’t wear well with my chemistry. I also like the drydown it’s kinda powdery and settles well into my skin. I really enjoy this perfume. The packaging is kinda kitchie as I love cats so I don’t mind the top though it smells rancid! I took the cap off sprayed it with perfume and left it to defumigate if possible.

Otherwise I love the pink bottle and find it adorable in a kitchie way. If you like Pink Sugar I can’t see someone disliking this. Also I think most gourmand fans who like Carmel and cotton candy would enjoy this. I myself love it the price is super affordable. So much so I bought a backup. Great winter scent for me I really love it. Recommended.

on 9/12/2017 8:22:00 AM

Perfect dupe for Pink Sugar!!!!

This is heaven!!! Cotton Candy heaven! As others have stated, the cheap plastic cap smells hideous. But I threw the cap away. Left with sugary sweet goodness! I sprayed this on a scarf last weekend. I picked up the scarf today, six days later, and I can still smell it like I just sprayed it. Great smell, great price. Got this for a really good deal on eBay. This has to be my favorite perfume at the moment. I will certainly repurchase this again when I run out. My holy grail!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is awesome!! I blind bought it & Gale Hayman's vanilla scent (a dupe for the DC'd Aquolina Gold Sugar). This smells to me exactly like Pink Sugar! I don't see much of a difference, I can't get Prince Matchiabelli Cotton Candy but I saw these 2 Gale Hayman perfumes at Kmart for $14.99 ea to me a bargain (they are available on fragrancenet.com also I think?), but this is a little slice of heaven. Cotton candy scented products are boy bait! I like spraying this w Body Fantasy Cotton Candy Fantasy; I try serious scents like Chanel Beige or Allure which are nice but not really "me" so much (& expensive!!), I love gourmand scents that are the sweeter & more Vanillary the better. Vanilla is the #1 scent men love! It has a natural aphrodisiac component...this is just delightful I hope I can repurchase. The cat on the cap was a little unexpected & puzzling & this isn't purse friendly. I enjoy this scent immensely. I can't handle those big serious scents like shalimar or Thierry Mugler angel I don't care for orientals, florientals nor pure florals. I'm all about gourmand or clean. Do I detect a bit of musk in this? I kind of wish I hadn't bought the 3.4oz PS for myself when I stumbled upon this. I can't wait to wear this to a Christian Meeting where I'm in close proximity to hugging & handshaking w people.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

You'd think I was pregnant or something, because when this came in the mail, it nauseated me so severe, I had to take it out of the house and throw it straight away. I have never had the scent of anything do this to me. I couldn't get it off my hands for hours and was just reeling with the nausea. The lid does smell like burnt plastic, yuck. This is just my opinion, I know this is well loved by quite a lot of people. I do not know what happened to me, I love PS and I love the smell of cotton candy. Kinda disappointed by the whole thing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Gayle Haymans Delicious Cotton Candy reminds me of a fluffy, delicious real buttercream frosting over a layered yellow cake. The kind of frosting that you can only get at a real bakery or that you make at home with butter and 10x powdered confectioners sugar. It's the real frosting that hits your mouth and melts and is so sweet you're in heaven. This perfume is straight and heavy on the vanilla extract. Not vanilla, but vanilla extract, which is why it reminded me so much of actual buttercream frosting.
If you enjoy walking into a bakery, and inhaling all it has to offer, you'll certainly enjoy this delightful gourmand fragrance. Is it childish? Not necessarily. It has a balanced tone to it that grounds it enough to not make it sickeningly sweet. Of course, you have to like that type of scent and you must enjoy your vanilla straight-up.
Delicious Cotton Candy is not cloying, but stays delightful throughout its run. A definite feel-good scent for when you'd like a pick-me-up anytime, anywhere. The bottle is chunky with the infamous animal poised on top, a bright pink.
Some have likened this to Aquolina's Pink Sugar, but altho there are similarities, the licorice effect is missing. This is more for the sweet-tooth in everyone.
Fragrance Notes: Orange, Bergamot, Clementine, Cotton Candy, Lily-Of-The-Valley, Fig Leaf, Sugar, Strawberry, Plum, Licorice, Musk, Vanilla, Caramel, Virginia Cedar.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I received my bottle of this, this morning, and I like it a lot! It truly does smell like Pink Sugar without the licorice note. But the thing is, it is well and truly a dupe of Pink Sugar. I wanted a fragrance that smelled of fairy floss (I'm Australian, that's what we call the USA's 'cotton candy'). This fragrance is sweet, with vanilla, caramel, a hint of strawberry and marshmallow.
I still don't get the fairy floss, cotton candy scent that I want. BUT... According to my workmates, I smell yummy enough to eat! And THEY keep asking what I'm wearing, and telling me that I smell like heaven. My boss even said she could smell lollies before seeing me. A customer today said she could smell something really nice. I told her it was the chilli ginger salmon steak I was serving her. She said, "no no! It isn't like that, it's a really nice sweet yummy smell!" I mentioned it might be my perfume, and offered her my wrist to smell. That was it! She said she was gonna go home and order a bottle. I work in a deli, and the fact that she could smell me over the counter is crazy. Especially considering I had sprayed it 4 hours before. I work around salami, fish, ham, and chicken all day. I am constantly cleaning and serving all day. The fact that this scent survived all of that is a miracle. Especially considering this is an EDT. I DO still like Pink Sugar better, it smells pretty much identical, but it is a bit stronger than DCC. And the licorice note works well for me. BTW, the licorice note in Pink Sugar is immediate and only lasts for 1 or 2 stages. But we are all different and I'm sure this isn't the case for everybody! As for the design of the bottle, it sucks! It could have been great, but the let-down is the lid. It STINKS! literally. But to people who are wondering what it smells like, it smells like cheap plastic, nothing that anyone hasn't smelled before when opening toys or packaging. It does look a bit cheap. The lid smell doesn't affect the perfume, and it looks OK. I guess a panther is what Gale Hayman wanted, and she put it on the bottle. She mustn't be too proud, because on her official site, I find this perfume unmentioned. There is no official site for this perfume. If there is a site ppl, plz post the link for me! Sweet, sugary vanillary goodness awaits you in this bottle... I, myself doesn't smell cotton candy as the primary scent. It's cakes and biscuits that contain lots of sugar:) and that is OK by me.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Delicious Cotton Candy is a very youthful, sweet scent. Hints of cotton candy, vanilla & powder sugar. Got this at Ross for $10.99, so it was very reasonably priced. Very similar (& cheaper) to Pink Sugar, except Delicious is mainly an airy cotton candy where Pink Sugar goes hard on a cinnamon, marshmallow scent. The bottle is another story...the feline cap makes the bottle smell like plastic, overall, its a great perfume!

on 11/4/2013 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This smells exactly like cotton candy, the kind you get at the fair. I absolutely love it. For those complaining about the plastic smell, it might be the cap that it comes with, which smells distinctly of burnt plastic for some reason. The perfume itself does not smell anything like this. This fragrance is sweet, yet not so sweet that it is nauseating. This is what I wanted Pink Sugar to smell like. As a matter of fact, I think this smells much better than Pink Sugar and less childish, without the sickening licorice and caramel. I love the bottle, as I love cats. It smells great, but unfortunately I have to keep reapplying, as it does not last long at all. Nonetheless, I bought this for $13 at Ross, and for the price it is phenomenal quality. This scent is amazing, one of my new favorites.

on 10/3/2013 6:30:00 AM

I stumbled upon this by pure accident in Burlinton coat factory. I have never recieved more compliments on any perfume I have EVER worn. Was told once that I smelled like a milkshake! Long lasting, stays with you all day, but in a good way. Men go CRAZY for this fragrance!!!

Popular Fragrances