St. Ives Olive Scrub - Elements

2.9

Water, Glycerin, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Jojoba Esters, Paraffin, Olive Oil PEG 7 Esters, Olive Fruit Oil, Acrylates/Palmeth 25 Acrylate Copolymer, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate, Acrylates Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, BHT, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Limonene, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Yellow 5, Propylene Glycol, Red 4, Red 33, Blue 1, Sorbitol, Olive Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sunflower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower (Matricaria) Extract

on 3/22/2015 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had this scrub forever. I use it once in a while, but I was not really reaching for it in the shower so it was just there, doing nothing, The smell is ok, soft and earthy, and the scrubbing pearls are alright, but nothing out of the ordinary. It's also not really cleaning my skin either, I always felt that I really had to wash my face first.

In fact, I think I'm glad that this product is finally finished.

Was on the lookout for a cheap, but effective scrub. This is not it. Well, it's cheap. And it's in a tube, so nice for the shower. But it's primarily a thick-ish cream cleanser with some beads - more cleanser than scrub. Don't really notice any real exfoliation effect. And it stings. So cheap, but not so cheerful.

Edit: This is just a big harrumph that St. Ives continues to offer this horrible product while discontinuing the fantastic daily microdermabrasion. Why?

To Read all 67 Reviews, Login or Join

Does not exfoliate, does make skin feel soft but is not long lasting. Doesn't clean properly, cheap sludge.

on 1/19/2013 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

I read the reviews before using this product, so I knew it wasn't a scrub. I was okay with that. I was even prepared for the whole "stinging eyes" thing (and yes, I didn't wash near my eyes, but it stung to open my eyes anyway). However, even with my normally very decent skin, this dried me out like crazy. I'm going to try it again to be sure, but I didn't feel anything moisturizing at all. And I rarely feel dried out by anything. But yes, disappointed.

on 12/24/2012 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this, it doesn't dry out my skin and takes off makeup really well. But I agree with a lot of the other reviews - its not really a 'scrub', the beads in it are really tiny and very few, would have given it 5/5 if it wasn't for this.
I would still repurchase it though - plus it smells really nice :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm suprised so many people seem to dislike this, I love it. I usually use their apricot scrub but thought I'd try something new and seeing as Sydney is going through a bit of a cold snap I'm glad I did,it's very moisturising although could do with being a bit more granulated.

I cannot comprehend the bad reviews this product has received. I love the texture of this, its not too abrasive on my sensitive skin. There is no overpowering smell. I love using this in the shower, it washes off easily. A tube of this has lasted me five months and is still going strong (About half left), I use it 2-3 times a week.

I prefer this to the apricot scrub which I find irritates my skin. Good value for money.

on 3/10/2011 8:34:00 PM

For a daily scrub, its an okay product, but you dont get a lott so it will become kind of pricey. I dont even know why i bought this.. the apricot one was great for my skin! i guess i just wanted to try new stuff xD so yea, this ''scrub'' if we can call it like that.. sucks! The beads just move on your skin, they dont remove your dead skin cellss -.-

on 2/11/2011 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This product is called a scrub but it is not one. It's a thick cleanser that contains so few beads that there's really no way your skin can be effectively, or even moderately, exfoliated. The cleanser is thick like a body butter and does leave your skin feeling soft, however it stings the eyes worse than any other product I've used and it doesn't really clean off any grime. You might as well just wash your face with a squirt of your favorite lotion.
....
I've used and loved the St. Ives Apricot Scrub for 8 years and had high hopes for the Olive Oil Scrub, but it was so bad I just had to throw it away.

on 11/4/2010 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a sensitive skin that doesn't react too well to strong products, so this is really perfect for me. I don't have acne, and I only wear make up on weekends so I was looking for a gentle scrub that's not too expensive and can be used daily. I really like it