Yu-Be Lip Therapy

Yu-Be Lip Therapy

4.3

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I found this in my stash (I must've either gotten it in a sub box or ordered it off Sephora!). It is lovely! I know it is $5 but look at Fresh lipbalms are way more, my Hourglass Lip Oil is the most ridic expensive lippie I own at over $40. So $5 would be refreshing to spend on a lipbalm that actually works. I came upon this recently so I've been testing it (I put makeup thru my own little tests) by keeping it in my bathroom & every time I walk into there reapplying it if I'm not wearing lip color or if I'm going to bed (ah, coincidental, no way). My lips are always dry & never bare. If it isn't lipstick/gloss its balm. I hate the feel/look of bare lips (but check this out my fave lip colors are nude!). This lipbalm sinks down & absorbs which I <3, is matte non glossy for the gentlemen, & I don't find its smell/taste to be too offensive (which fwiw flavored I would enjoy) but that part dissipates fast. I wish it had some flavor (read: my uncouth senses prefer Bonne Bell lipsmackers & the LE holiday gourmet actual brand Chapstick's I've got Pumpkin Pie on order!!). I am going to order more of these when funds permit coz this is a good better-than-basic lipbalm & I lose lipbalms very easily. A work horse no frills lipbalm! My fave lipbalm is Smiths Rosebud Strawberry.

on 7/27/2015 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got three tubes of this from Sephora on the recommendation of a friend who used to be all about her $22 Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments. I'm surprised she likes this so much, since it's way less fancy than Fresh, although Yu-Be is a really good lip balm. It's moisturizing and heals existing dry spots/cracks, doesn't make my lips look glossy (so good for the dudes, my boyfriend has no qualms about borrowing this) and I've used it successfully to treat dry spots on my face when in a pinch. At $5 a tube, it's not drugstore cheap, but it's not too pricey either, and since the product is fairly firm, it lasts a long time. I probably won't repurchase, but not because the product isn't terrific. I just don't like camphor in my lip balms.

To Read all 12 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/14/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got yu-be cream as a sample, and I was not impressed. I also got this lip-balm for free so I wasn't expecting anything special at all.

But wow!

Most lip balms are actually not very moisturizing, and they make you addicted to putting it on because they relieve only for a few minutes and they become dry again.
Or they are greasy but not really moisturizing very much like Kiehls or most natural lip balms.
One of the better ones I found are the ones from Fresh.

But this is so much better than Fresh.
When you put it on, it stays hydrated for many hours and you don't need reapplying.
And after put it on, the skin is plumped up or something, my lip lines are less visible, I don't know why this happens, it is not like my lips are dry usually, and I use Fresh lip balms religiously every few hours. And after I put it on, my lips do not chap like normal face skin, and it just primes so well that my lighter lipsticks like Nars Bolero go on so smoothly.

It smells like medicine(smell goes away quickly, it smells like Mentholetum and packaging is crap but this is good stuff!)

I am planning to stock up many already!

The smell and texture are similar to Yu-be cream, only this is harder. I am now thinking of giving yu-be cream a second chance!

on 11/28/2013 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm a lip balm addict and I love the smooth, rich texture of Yu-Be. It's not too waxy, not too greasy, and feels very hydrating with the right amount of cling. Basically it's a classic, moisturizing lip balm with a great skin feel. It is camphorated so if you don't like the cool, medicinal smell of camphor, skip it. Otherwise this is an excellent lip balm with a luxurious feeling formula. At only $5 a tube it's a great value-- too bad you can only get it at Sephora.

This product is pretty rad. I have, and always have had, exceptionally dry/flakey/cracked/chapped lips. I've gone through a lot of balms and chapstick with little success. However this made them delightfully soft just minutes after the first application. It's awesome! The smell and texture were a little off-putting at first - it's quite tacky or stiff almost when you apply it. However it did absorb well quite fast, and the smell goes away fast too. I only got a sample, but I believe the product itself is quite expensive. At the moment I'm thinking it might be worth it though.. I also enjoy the fact it's from Japan (=^ェ^=)

on 3/11/2013 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Best. Lip Balm. Ever. I bought the Yu-Be set from Sephora for my mom because she has cracked fingertips. I have super chapped, cracked, and peeling lips and I applied the lip balm and my lips were pretty moisturized the whole day. I didn't re-apply because I forget to do that. I was just amazed that my lips weren't cracking when I got home. Amazing stuff definitely.

So many better lip balms on the market. I have been using this daily for over a month. I suffer from dry chapped lips so I was hoping that this would be the answer to that, but it does not work. It does not last long on the lips at all. It is not pleasant smelling either, which I was willing to overlook as long as it was moisturizing and long lasting, but it is not. Will keep looking.

on 11/18/2008 7:39:00 PM

I'm so used to $10+ lip balms that I think this is cheap at $5 in the U.S. Love the smell, feel, texture. Much better than Dr. Haushka lip balm, which is now ridiculously pricey, and not as good as I used to think. Works well under lipstick or over dried-out lip color. I use it for night when I'm traveling, but it's definitely not an overnight treatment. There are heavier creams for that.

on 6/15/2008 7:20:00 PM

Ok, I adore this product! I think I am on my 6th tube. I keep them in my bathroom, at work, in my purse, etc.
I actually like the medicated scent, it is very moisturizing, and long lasting. I buy it at Beauty First for aound $5.
Update 3/09 - still LOVING this stuff! They closed the Beauty First near me so I just ordered 4 tubes from Sephora. Good stuff!!!

on 6/8/2008 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is very moisturizing and softening, and it can heal the dryness. the smell fades really quick so it doen't bother me. will repurchase. I think it cost around $5 at sephora.