MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
MAC Paint Pot Soft OchreMAC Paint Pot Soft Ochre

4.2

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I gave it 4 stars because it works as what it is a paint pot. I originally bought this because i ran out of eyeshadow primer and wanted to use my store discount but we do not sell the brand i usually buy. I had never tried the paint pots and my co-worker told me it could be used as a primer and that an eyeshadow primer would not work or be needed underneath. I have oily skin and this product does not work as an eyeshadow primer on oily skin. It went on nice its matte and you do have to work with it pretty quickly because it dries fast! The eyeshadow pigments look great over this product but after 7hrs of wearing it my eyeshadow was creasing big time i tried everything setting it with powder tried other shadows still creased! Creasing does not happen ever with my original primer I go to work, party, home and there's been times I have not removed my makeup i wake up and my shadow still looks pretty good no oilyness or creasing. I really loved how shadows look over it so I purchased my go to primer put it under the paint pot and it lasted all day/night!!! By the way Too Faced shadow insurance primer is the very best!!

on 8/26/2017 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have mixed feelings about this product. Mostly good but there's a drawback. When you can get this to work perfectly, it's awesome. When you can't, it's not the best.
You have to work quickly with it because it sets so fast. And if you make mistakes it's hard to correct because layering creates little "bald" patches.
I tap most primers onto the eyelid but this one works best swiped on with a finger. (even better glide with a light eye cream underneath) Brushes make it too streaky on my lids. You also have to set it with a powder eyeshadow on top or it creases.
That being said - once you get the hang of it, it's fantastic. Once it's set it doesn't budge. It blocks out veins and discolouration on the eyelids, and prevents oily lids, fading, and creasing. It's like an eyeshadow magnet. When it's applied right it's the perfect eye primer.

on 7/5/2017 12:19:00 AM

I purchased this as an eye primer. Unfortunately, this does not do the job. My eye shadows do not last longer or go on more smoothly. When I put it on with my fingers, it ends up going on chalky on my eye lids...so perhaps it's for really oily eyelids.

How I use Paint Pot in Soft Orche: As Eyeshadow Primer 1. Apply a thin, even layer (using a clean, little brush) on clean, oil-free eyelids 2. Set it with a little bit of translucent powder (I use baby powder). As Concealer/Neutralizer/Face/Lip Primer 1. Apply a little amount on the areas which needs to be concealed/neutralized (acne, pimples, undereye, nose,... ) -> you can layer the amount product, but to get it on carefully 2. Follow with the usual routine (setting it with powder is only necessary when you don't want to use creamy or liquid products afterwards). As Correcting Tool 1. Dab a little amount on the area that needs to be fixed (lipstick, eyeliner, mascara) 2. Set it with a bit of translucent powder I'm NC20, and this works fine for me. Don't ever make the mistake and use Paint Pot on its own. It's a creamy product and setting is always a must. Sure, you can try it without setting and see if this works on its on your skin type. Yet, don't forget that your powder eyeshadows won't last long on a creamy base. Even though they have a powdery consistency, they will mix with the creamy Paint Pot on your eyelids and then you can say Hello to crease. Only contra is the packaging. It's made of glass and might break easy if it falls to the ground. Plus you should use clean brushes to take the desired amount of product. If you're not a hygiene freak like me though, you can use your fingers of course.

on 4/20/2017 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I have combination skin. I wouldn't say my eyelids are oily but they're not dry either. This creased on my lids, even when I put just a small dab of it with my ring finger. My eyeshadows crack with this underneath. I am so disappointed by this overhyped product. So far though it does okay as an undereye concealer on top of a moisturizing CC cream base.

on 6/11/2017 8:49:00 AM

Loveee this product . I had problems with it drying out before like when I put it on my lid. But I solved it by making sure to moisturise my eye area well . And also make sure no foundation or other products under neath. Works best with a finger I'd say but I carve out my eye brush with a little brush. Lovely product really worth the money. I've have mine for 5 months now and only just now maybe half way through the pot so it lasts ages. X

on 10/19/2016 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This has been my go-to eye primer for eons... It really is a no fuss type primer, easy to dab and blend with fingers. This shade is kind of a pale neutral color, if that makes sense - basically it's the same shade as UD primer potion, once on my lids anyhow. This is extremely matte, much more so than UD, to the point where if my eyelids are more dry than usual this will look a little patchy right below my brows. I find this is a lot less "sticky" than other dry/matte primers though (to include UD), and I like that it dries down quickly. I find myself gravitating to this eye primer much more than any others in my arsenal, likely because the shade really does give an even coverage, which works wonderfully as a "canvas" for shadows. I also really do like the way this primer makes colors pop. The wear time is excellent, I have used this 16 hrs during busy days and nights and my colors never fade. I have never had shadows crease or meld together using this product, in this shade.

The only real downside or cons to this primer are 1) it is very dry and drying, 2) I find I cannot use it on its own as an all over "throw it on and go" type shade bc it's too light for that on my NC30/NC35 skintone and looks a bit odd/too taupe, and 3) packaging is rather unhygienic. I have also heard this dries out in the jar quickly for some, but I have never had this issue at all - Caveat tho' I scoop a couple weeks to a month out and into a smaller plastic mini jar, make sure the lid is tight before putting away in the drawer, and I store it upside-down, and all of this I am sure extends the life of this product.

You really can't go wrong with this primer, as it does all it claims to do really. For the amount of product and price ($22), this is also a great deal IMO.

on 7/29/2016 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Seeing this was a blogger/vlogger favorite and that it was just the go to eyelid primer substitute I finally delved into the world of paint pots. Safe to say I'm a disappointed.

I do not understand the hype on youtube over this product! In fact I'm shocked after using that just about every video I watch this is the base!! It makes my eye lids dry and flaky. But at the same time allows my eyeshadow to crease from oil? This doesn't make sense. I've never had flaky eyelids until I used this paint pot. It is so hard to apply because it's so thick, I have to really get my brush into it several times and dig into the product to feel it cover my whole eyelid (I have big eye lids). It's not very creamy so it just doesn't cover my lid, on top of that its a dry and flaky texture! I was so disappointed when I first used it after seeing so much hype over it. Is there any way to thin out this product?

As soon as this is over I'll be returning to primer potion!

Pros- neutral colour gives a blank canvas, good for darker skin tones to achieve a light base, looks good as a base of smokey eyes, goes with anything, nice colour, cool tone

cons- DRY!, hard to get out, doesn't prevent creasing or stop oily lids, isn't very blendable, not creamy at all

I only use this one as a eyelid primer ,it did a good job

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've tried to use this product many times and i want to love it. Its highly pigmented and a little goes a long way.It looks like theres little but it will definitely last you a long time. But, if you suffer from dry lids DO NOT buy this product. It will make your eyelids look very flaky and make dryness more apparent. But when i have oily eyelids in the summer it is amazing. It is the best base for your eyes as it is neutral and suited to be worn alone or make a canvas to start on when going for a more intense look to last all night. i also love this shade i prefer warmer shades on my eyes but this usually stays more towards the neutral while having a certain amount of yellow in it also.
Overall a great product but it is not suited to everyone by any means. I would not purchase this again as i think the UD primer is much better and it gives you more product for the price.