MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
MAC Paint Pot Soft OchreMAC Paint Pot Soft Ochre

4.2

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 4/26/2018 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$22.00

Description from the Mac website:
A highly pigmented, long-wearing eye shadow that goes on creamy and dries to an intense, vibrant finish. The innovative second skin-like formula blends smoothly over lids and creates seamless, buildable coverage without looking heavy or cakey. Its superior colour purity stays true and will not streak or crease. Pro Longwear Paint Pot can be mixed with other products like M·A·C shadows and liners.

I got these in soft ochre and paitnterly. I have never been a fan of MAC and these did nothing to improve my opinion. I wanted soft ochre to work as an eyelid primer. I fell for the hype and that's all it was, hype. Maybe if you have oily lids it might work, I do not. It has hard to apply, unsanitary jar and it dried the crap out of my eyelids. I dusted it with setting powder before applying my eye shadow, I tried it without powder, with a light shadow over it, no matter what I did it creased within a few hours. After using it for a few days my lids were so dry they began to flake and I have never had that happen except with Wet n Wild Photo focus primer.
I tried using them as a shadow on the mobile lid and it creased, and looked crepey after a few hours. I tried moisturizing my lids well and that helped with application but it still dried them out. Also it is hard to apply and dries quickly. I just liked nothing about this but the color. I gave painterly to my daughter and kept soft ochre and she didn't care for it either and said hers began to dry out in the pot after a month. I tried it on my undereye area, and had to wash it off. It showed fine lines I never knew existed and looked horrible.
A complete fail for me. I gave it my best, but I just couldn't get it to work or deal with the way it dried my lids out. It began too dry out in the pot after a couple of months so I tossed it.

on 3/7/2018 11:32:00 AM

It is a perfect match for my pale yellowish skintone. I love the fact it is in a pot, so it is very easy to apply and keep. Mac paint pots are an awesome eyeshadow primer, they make my eyeshadow last forever, if you have the same skin color as me, you definitely MUST have this.

on 3/1/2018 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have come to realize that paint pots are not for me or my oily eye lids. No matter what I do it creases. I have tried apply lid primer below the paint pot, setting with a powder, apply with finger, brush and tried a sponge and nothing seems to prevent creasing. The color is great as it will cover up any veins and/or discoloration better than painterly. I even read a tip that soft ochre works great as a concealer for the under eyes, and it does if it did not crease. I have also found that it dries out pretty quickly. I have made sure the lid is tight and stored with lid facing down, but is seems to dry out fairly quickly.

If you do not have oily lids I would recommend this paint pot, but make sure you are using it up quickly or it will start to dry out.

on 2/27/2018 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fantastic eyeshadow primer. The colour of Soft Ochre suits my fair/light neutral skin tone far more than Painterly. It makes my eyeshadow last all day, especially when I leave it to settle for a couple of minutes before I set with pressed powder. A little goes a long way so one pot will last months and months. Mine also hadn’t dried up and I’ve had it for a few months. It’s an very important part of my makeup routine.

on 2/17/2018 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best eyeshadow primer! Apply this product then a light layer translucent powder before your eyeshadow, it makes the blending process easier.

I love this product, it works so well as shadow, concealer, shadow primer, etc, however it is a bit pricey for how small it is, although there still is a lot of product, at least 2 months worth I feel, (at least for me). I use this as shadow primer and sometimes as cream shadow, I love it so much, it's one of my only things in my makeup travel kit I take everywhere with me. Works well on my super fair skin tone.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Why Mac why? I’m such a fan of Mac eyeshadows and lipsticks and I had high hopes for this cult favorite, but it just doesn’t work for me.
I have sensitive combination skin with fairly oily eyelids.
As a primer, this does not cut the mustard. It creases after an hour on me and it seems to dull my shadow. It DOES camouflage veins so, there’s that.
As a shadow it unfortunately fails as well. It goes on too sheer to make any sort of impact and layering it makes it go on patchy. Putting it on over my primer caused it pill so there is no way to increase its opacity or longevity.
I’m super sad this didn’t work out! Sorry Mac!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I gave it 4 stars because it works as what it is a paint pot. I originally bought this because i ran out of eyeshadow primer and wanted to use my store discount but we do not sell the brand i usually buy. I had never tried the paint pots and my co-worker told me it could be used as a primer and that an eyeshadow primer would not work or be needed underneath. I have oily skin and this product does not work as an eyeshadow primer on oily skin. It went on nice its matte and you do have to work with it pretty quickly because it dries fast! The eyeshadow pigments look great over this product but after 7hrs of wearing it my eyeshadow was creasing big time i tried everything setting it with powder tried other shadows still creased! Creasing does not happen ever with my original primer I go to work, party, home and there's been times I have not removed my makeup i wake up and my shadow still looks pretty good no oilyness or creasing. I really loved how shadows look over it so I purchased my go to primer put it under the paint pot and it lasted all day/night!!! By the way Too Faced shadow insurance primer is the very best!!

on 8/26/2017 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have mixed feelings about this product. Mostly good but there's a drawback. When you can get this to work perfectly, it's awesome. When you can't, it's not the best.
You have to work quickly with it because it sets so fast. And if you make mistakes it's hard to correct because layering creates little "bald" patches.
I tap most primers onto the eyelid but this one works best swiped on with a finger. (even better glide with a light eye cream underneath) Brushes make it too streaky on my lids. You also have to set it with a powder eyeshadow on top or it creases.
That being said - once you get the hang of it, it's fantastic. Once it's set it doesn't budge. It blocks out veins and discolouration on the eyelids, and prevents oily lids, fading, and creasing. It's like an eyeshadow magnet. When it's applied right it's the perfect eye primer.

How I use Paint Pot in Soft Orche: As Eyeshadow Primer 1. Apply a thin, even layer (using a clean, little brush) on clean, oil-free eyelids 2. Set it with a little bit of translucent powder (I use baby powder). As Concealer/Neutralizer/Face/Lip Primer 1. Apply a little amount on the areas which needs to be concealed/neutralized (acne, pimples, undereye, nose,... ) -> you can layer the amount product, but to get it on carefully 2. Follow with the usual routine (setting it with powder is only necessary when you don't want to use creamy or liquid products afterwards). As Correcting Tool 1. Dab a little amount on the area that needs to be fixed (lipstick, eyeliner, mascara) 2. Set it with a bit of translucent powder I'm NC20, and this works fine for me. Don't ever make the mistake and use Paint Pot on its own. It's a creamy product and setting is always a must. Sure, you can try it without setting and see if this works on its on your skin type. Yet, don't forget that your powder eyeshadows won't last long on a creamy base. Even though they have a powdery consistency, they will mix with the creamy Paint Pot on your eyelids and then you can say Hello to crease. Only contra is the packaging. It's made of glass and might break easy if it falls to the ground. Plus you should use clean brushes to take the desired amount of product. If you're not a hygiene freak like me though, you can use your fingers of course.