MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
MAC Paint Pot Soft OchreMAC Paint Pot Soft Ochre

4.2

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 4/20/2017 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I have combination skin. I wouldn't say my eyelids are oily but they're not dry either. This creased on my lids, even when I put just a small dab of it with my ring finger. My eyeshadows crack with this underneath. I am so disappointed by this overhyped product. So far though it does okay as an undereye concealer on top of a moisturizing CC cream base.

I only use this one as a eyelid primer ,it did a good job

on 10/19/2016 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This has been my go-to eye primer for eons... It really is a no fuss type primer, easy to dab and blend with fingers. This shade is kind of a pale neutral color, if that makes sense - basically it's the same shade as UD primer potion, once on my lids anyhow. This is extremely matte, much more so than UD, to the point where if my eyelids are more dry than usual this will look a little patchy right below my brows. I find this is a lot less "sticky" than other dry/matte primers though (to include UD), and I like that it dries down quickly. I find myself gravitating to this eye primer much more than any others in my arsenal, likely because the shade really does give an even coverage, which works wonderfully as a "canvas" for shadows. I also really do like the way this primer makes colors pop. The wear time is excellent, I have used this 16 hrs during busy days and nights and my colors never fade. I have never had shadows crease or meld together using this product, in this shade.

The only real downside or cons to this primer are 1) it is very dry and drying, 2) I find I cannot use it on its own as an all over "throw it on and go" type shade bc it's too light for that on my NC30/NC35 skintone and looks a bit odd/too taupe, and 3) packaging is rather unhygienic. I have also heard this dries out in the jar quickly for some, but I have never had this issue at all - Caveat tho' I scoop a couple weeks to a month out and into a smaller plastic mini jar, make sure the lid is tight before putting away in the drawer, and I store it upside-down, and all of this I am sure extends the life of this product.

You really can't go wrong with this primer, as it does all it claims to do really. For the amount of product and price ($22), this is also a great deal IMO.

on 7/29/2016 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Seeing this was a blogger/vlogger favorite and that it was just the go to eyelid primer substitute I finally delved into the world of paint pots. Safe to say I'm a disappointed.

I do not understand the hype on youtube over this product! In fact I'm shocked after using that just about every video I watch this is the base!! It makes my eye lids dry and flaky. But at the same time allows my eyeshadow to crease from oil? This doesn't make sense. I've never had flaky eyelids until I used this paint pot. It is so hard to apply because it's so thick, I have to really get my brush into it several times and dig into the product to feel it cover my whole eyelid (I have big eye lids). It's not very creamy so it just doesn't cover my lid, on top of that its a dry and flaky texture! I was so disappointed when I first used it after seeing so much hype over it. Is there any way to thin out this product?

As soon as this is over I'll be returning to primer potion!

Pros- neutral colour gives a blank canvas, good for darker skin tones to achieve a light base, looks good as a base of smokey eyes, goes with anything, nice colour, cool tone

cons- DRY!, hard to get out, doesn't prevent creasing or stop oily lids, isn't very blendable, not creamy at all

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've tried to use this product many times and i want to love it. Its highly pigmented and a little goes a long way.It looks like theres little but it will definitely last you a long time. But, if you suffer from dry lids DO NOT buy this product. It will make your eyelids look very flaky and make dryness more apparent. But when i have oily eyelids in the summer it is amazing. It is the best base for your eyes as it is neutral and suited to be worn alone or make a canvas to start on when going for a more intense look to last all night. i also love this shade i prefer warmer shades on my eyes but this usually stays more towards the neutral while having a certain amount of yellow in it also.
Overall a great product but it is not suited to everyone by any means. I would not purchase this again as i think the UD primer is much better and it gives you more product for the price.

Eh...meh. It prolongs the wear of powder eyeshadows, but can't defeat very oily eyelids for a long time so I'm going to buy another eyeshadow base from another brand. For normal to slightly oily skin, it's great.
It gives a dry, crepe-y finish and sometimes makes it hard to blend shadows over it.
I like that it's yellow-y as it colour corrects my mauve eyelids.
Way overpriced + inflation in my country, which makes it 50% more expensive than in the US.

I've spent all the money I got on my b-day on it and then more because even with my mua teacher's discount it was more expensive than I thought. Also, got weird looks and references from the Mac consultant which was there on the second day (when I came back with more money...first consultant was nice) while she was on the phone with my trainer, who apparently *kinda forgot* the promise she made to her trainees to offer discounted mac products (because she works there, doh).

Not going to buy it again. Probably never going to buy from mac ever again (I was also disappointed by a lipstick and a concealer).

on 5/12/2016 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I like to make my eyelids a blank canvas before applying eyeshadow as I have discoloured and fairly transparent lids. I prefer something that is also good as an eyeshadow base. This has a nice texture, it's not dry and doesn't make my eyelids look crepey (I am 44). But it is just a bit too yellow to be neutral enough for me. I am NC15 for reference. I am going to try Painterly to see if that's a better match, other wise I will have to shell out the extra £££ for Bobbi Brown Shore.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I love this as an eyeshadow base. Painterly makes me look like a corpse, so this is my go-to. My only complaint is that it is much drier in texture than the other paint pots, so I have to use NYX HD eyeshadow base under this so it isn't so dry. But the color and staying power are fantastic, so I don't mind the workaround. PAINT POT TIP: Store paint pots upside down and they won't dry out as quickly.

A lovely product, matte and creamy. I use it as all-over my lid as a base colour with warm eye make up look or simply if I watch to neutralize some blueness on my eye lids. Would suit better warm warm mid skin tones for his purpose. The product doesn't slide or crease.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is my holy grail product for eye shadows. It intensifies all eyeshadows (high end or drugstore) and has given me confidence with my eyeshadow application. My eyeshadow now lasts all day. The only downside is that due to my dry eyelids it is quite drying and thick on the lid so can be hard to blend/move about but the benefits by far outweigh this.