MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
MAC Paint Pot Soft OchreMAC Paint Pot Soft Ochre

4.2

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 2/17/2018 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best eyeshadow primer! Apply this product then a light layer translucent powder before your eyeshadow, it makes the blending process easier.

I love this product, it works so well as shadow, concealer, shadow primer, etc, however it is a bit pricey for how small it is, although there still is a lot of product, at least 2 months worth I feel, (at least for me). I use this as shadow primer and sometimes as cream shadow, I love it so much, it's one of my only things in my makeup travel kit I take everywhere with me. Works well on my super fair skin tone.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Why Mac why? I’m such a fan of Mac eyeshadows and lipsticks and I had high hopes for this cult favorite, but it just doesn’t work for me.
I have sensitive combination skin with fairly oily eyelids.
As a primer, this does not cut the mustard. It creases after an hour on me and it seems to dull my shadow. It DOES camouflage veins so, there’s that.
As a shadow it unfortunately fails as well. It goes on too sheer to make any sort of impact and layering it makes it go on patchy. Putting it on over my primer caused it pill so there is no way to increase its opacity or longevity.
I’m super sad this didn’t work out! Sorry Mac!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I gave it 4 stars because it works as what it is a paint pot. I originally bought this because i ran out of eyeshadow primer and wanted to use my store discount but we do not sell the brand i usually buy. I had never tried the paint pots and my co-worker told me it could be used as a primer and that an eyeshadow primer would not work or be needed underneath. I have oily skin and this product does not work as an eyeshadow primer on oily skin. It went on nice its matte and you do have to work with it pretty quickly because it dries fast! The eyeshadow pigments look great over this product but after 7hrs of wearing it my eyeshadow was creasing big time i tried everything setting it with powder tried other shadows still creased! Creasing does not happen ever with my original primer I go to work, party, home and there's been times I have not removed my makeup i wake up and my shadow still looks pretty good no oilyness or creasing. I really loved how shadows look over it so I purchased my go to primer put it under the paint pot and it lasted all day/night!!! By the way Too Faced shadow insurance primer is the very best!!

on 8/26/2017 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have mixed feelings about this product. Mostly good but there's a drawback. When you can get this to work perfectly, it's awesome. When you can't, it's not the best.
You have to work quickly with it because it sets so fast. And if you make mistakes it's hard to correct because layering creates little "bald" patches.
I tap most primers onto the eyelid but this one works best swiped on with a finger. (even better glide with a light eye cream underneath) Brushes make it too streaky on my lids. You also have to set it with a powder eyeshadow on top or it creases.
That being said - once you get the hang of it, it's fantastic. Once it's set it doesn't budge. It blocks out veins and discolouration on the eyelids, and prevents oily lids, fading, and creasing. It's like an eyeshadow magnet. When it's applied right it's the perfect eye primer.

How I use Paint Pot in Soft Orche: As Eyeshadow Primer 1. Apply a thin, even layer (using a clean, little brush) on clean, oil-free eyelids 2. Set it with a little bit of translucent powder (I use baby powder). As Concealer/Neutralizer/Face/Lip Primer 1. Apply a little amount on the areas which needs to be concealed/neutralized (acne, pimples, undereye, nose,... ) -> you can layer the amount product, but to get it on carefully 2. Follow with the usual routine (setting it with powder is only necessary when you don't want to use creamy or liquid products afterwards). As Correcting Tool 1. Dab a little amount on the area that needs to be fixed (lipstick, eyeliner, mascara) 2. Set it with a bit of translucent powder I'm NC20, and this works fine for me. Don't ever make the mistake and use Paint Pot on its own. It's a creamy product and setting is always a must. Sure, you can try it without setting and see if this works on its on your skin type. Yet, don't forget that your powder eyeshadows won't last long on a creamy base. Even though they have a powdery consistency, they will mix with the creamy Paint Pot on your eyelids and then you can say Hello to crease. Only contra is the packaging. It's made of glass and might break easy if it falls to the ground. Plus you should use clean brushes to take the desired amount of product. If you're not a hygiene freak like me though, you can use your fingers of course.

on 7/5/2017 12:19:00 AM

I purchased this as an eye primer. Unfortunately, this does not do the job. My eye shadows do not last longer or go on more smoothly. When I put it on with my fingers, it ends up going on chalky on my eye lids...so perhaps it's for really oily eyelids.

on 6/11/2017 8:49:00 AM

Loveee this product . I had problems with it drying out before like when I put it on my lid. But I solved it by making sure to moisturise my eye area well . And also make sure no foundation or other products under neath. Works best with a finger I'd say but I carve out my eye brush with a little brush. Lovely product really worth the money. I've have mine for 5 months now and only just now maybe half way through the pot so it lasts ages. X

I only use this one as a eyelid primer ,it did a good job

on 4/20/2017 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I have combination skin. I wouldn't say my eyelids are oily but they're not dry either. This creased on my lids, even when I put just a small dab of it with my ring finger. My eyeshadows crack with this underneath. I am so disappointed by this overhyped product. So far though it does okay as an undereye concealer on top of a moisturizing CC cream base.