MAC Cosmetics Paint Pot - Soft Ochre

MAC Cosmetics Paint Pot - Soft Ochre
MAC Paint Pot Soft OchreMAC Paint Pot Soft OchrePaint Pot - Soft Ochre

4.2

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Ideal base as it neutralizes discolouration and holds shadows well. Can be used as a concealer corrector in a pinch. Worthy of the MAC name.

I love the yellow undertone that it really counteracts darkness. It's also very close to my actual skintone, which is NC20. The only thing I don't like about this product is that it dries out really fast and due to that it is hard to apply it evenly on the eyelids. It prolongs the wear of my eyeshadow but if you're looking just for something that prevent your eyeshadow from creasing, I would recommend NYX Proof it. All in all, I will not repurchase the MAC Paint Pot in this shade but definitely I will try to use it as much as possible.

on 1/2/2019 7:03:00 PM

I love Groundwork(milk tea taupe) and have been using that for as long as i can remmember. Recently been really into doing my eye makeup and Groundwork has been altering some of the colors of my eyeshadows since it is a mid tone color. I was researching a color that would match my Nc20 C1 skintone and Soft Ochre is perfect. I have pale yellow skin and this matches so well and does its job. Its creamy to the touch but dries down to be a wonderful base for eye makeup. I still use my Groundwork on no makeup makeup days where i have 5 minutes to get ready and Soft Ochre is my workhorse for days where i got time to do eyeshadow! Soft Ochre is drier than Groundwork so thats the only downside, it works great as a primer if you dont have overly dry eyelids!

Final edit- i feel like this is too drying and sadly, i will be returning it. I got the Chanel cream shadow in Undertone 802, its HG! i backed to mac my Groundwork also :(

on 4/26/2018 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$22.00

Description from the Mac website:
A highly pigmented, long-wearing eye shadow that goes on creamy and dries to an intense, vibrant finish. The innovative second skin-like formula blends smoothly over lids and creates seamless, buildable coverage without looking heavy or cakey. Its superior colour purity stays true and will not streak or crease. Pro Longwear Paint Pot can be mixed with other products like M·A·C shadows and liners.

I got these in soft ochre and paitnterly. I have never been a fan of MAC and these did nothing to improve my opinion. I wanted soft ochre to work as an eyelid primer. I fell for the hype and that's all it was, hype. Maybe if you have oily lids it might work, I do not. It has hard to apply, unsanitary jar and it dried the crap out of my eyelids. I dusted it with setting powder before applying my eye shadow, I tried it without powder, with a light shadow over it, no matter what I did it creased within a few hours. After using it for a few days my lids were so dry they began to flake and I have never had that happen except with Wet n Wild Photo focus primer.
I tried using them as a shadow on the mobile lid and it creased, and looked crepey after a few hours. I tried moisturizing my lids well and that helped with application but it still dried them out. Also it is hard to apply and dries quickly. I just liked nothing about this but the color. I gave painterly to my daughter and kept soft ochre and she didn't care for it either and said hers began to dry out in the pot after a month. I tried it on my undereye area, and had to wash it off. It showed fine lines I never knew existed and looked horrible.
A complete fail for me. I gave it my best, but I just couldn't get it to work or deal with the way it dried my lids out. It began too dry out in the pot after a couple of months so I tossed it.

on 3/7/2018 11:32:00 AM

It is a perfect match for my pale yellowish skintone. I love the fact it is in a pot, so it is very easy to apply and keep. Mac paint pots are an awesome eyeshadow primer, they make my eyeshadow last forever, if you have the same skin color as me, you definitely MUST have this.

on 3/1/2018 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have come to realize that paint pots are not for me or my oily eye lids. No matter what I do it creases. I have tried apply lid primer below the paint pot, setting with a powder, apply with finger, brush and tried a sponge and nothing seems to prevent creasing. The color is great as it will cover up any veins and/or discoloration better than painterly. I even read a tip that soft ochre works great as a concealer for the under eyes, and it does if it did not crease. I have also found that it dries out pretty quickly. I have made sure the lid is tight and stored with lid facing down, but is seems to dry out fairly quickly.

If you do not have oily lids I would recommend this paint pot, but make sure you are using it up quickly or it will start to dry out.

on 2/27/2018 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fantastic eyeshadow primer. The colour of Soft Ochre suits my fair/light neutral skin tone far more than Painterly. It makes my eyeshadow last all day, especially when I leave it to settle for a couple of minutes before I set with pressed powder. A little goes a long way so one pot will last months and months. Mine also hadn’t dried up and I’ve had it for a few months. It’s an very important part of my makeup routine.

on 2/17/2018 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best eyeshadow primer! Apply this product then a light layer translucent powder before your eyeshadow, it makes the blending process easier.

I love this product, it works so well as shadow, concealer, shadow primer, etc, however it is a bit pricey for how small it is, although there still is a lot of product, at least 2 months worth I feel, (at least for me). I use this as shadow primer and sometimes as cream shadow, I love it so much, it's one of my only things in my makeup travel kit I take everywhere with me. Works well on my super fair skin tone.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Why Mac why? I’m such a fan of Mac eyeshadows and lipsticks and I had high hopes for this cult favorite, but it just doesn’t work for me.
I have sensitive combination skin with fairly oily eyelids.
As a primer, this does not cut the mustard. It creases after an hour on me and it seems to dull my shadow. It DOES camouflage veins so, there’s that.
As a shadow it unfortunately fails as well. It goes on too sheer to make any sort of impact and layering it makes it go on patchy. Putting it on over my primer caused it pill so there is no way to increase its opacity or longevity.
I’m super sad this didn’t work out! Sorry Mac!