Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 15
Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

3.2

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Octinoxate (7.5% Octyl Methoxycinnamate), Octisalate (2% Octyl Salicylate) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, BHT, Bis Phenylpropyl Dimethicone, Butylparaben, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Isobutylparaben, Laureth 7, Methylparaben, Mica, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Propylparaben, Silica, Steareth 2, Steareth 21, Titanium Dioxide, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid 6/2/09

I rarely write reviews unless the product is excellent enough to compel me to share it w/ others. So here goes... I have used mostly expensive products but once in a while I will try a drug store product. When it comes to moisturizer for my face, I've tried Shiseido(Pureness, Skincare and whitening line), Chanel, DHC, Clarins, Prescriptives, etc. But the Aveeno Positively Radiant daily moisturizer w/ SPF 15 has been the absolutely best for my skin ever!! And for $14 for a huge 4 oz. pump dispenser! I have a few tiny wrinkles on my forehead that is always present no matter what. I also have a few dark, sun spots that I was never able to rid of even w/ Retin-A and other expensive whitening products. But this simple, cheap lotion did all that for me! I think the soy complex in the lotion may have something to do w/ it. But a month after using this lotion my g/f + co-worker asked me what I did to get my complexion so smooth and radiant. I told her about this lotion and now she is using it and seeing the same result. Ok, I will tell you that at first I didn't like the feel of the lotion. If you have super dry skin, this will not quench the thirst you skin needs. I have combo, asian, sometimes-acne prone on chin skin type. It took about 2 weeks of using it to really fall in love w/ it. What I noticed that kept me going was that after the 2nd day of using it, I wake up to really smooth and soft skin. I didn't know where that came from. I did not put any lotion on at night when going to bed. I only use this lotion in the morning prior to putting on my make-up. You have to try it to believe it. I will definitely stock up on this one. This same lotion now comes in a SPF 30. I'm using the SPF 15 right now and not sure if the higher SPF will break me out.

Fantastic daily moisturizer with a hint of shimmer. This lotion is a thicker texture, but absorbs into the skin quickly and evenly, with no residue or "weT" feeling, I only wait about 60 seconds before applying my foundation. Wears well under makeup, moisturizes all day weightlessly and without ever getting greasy!! The Oil of Olay SPF used to leave me really greasy, but this is so much lighter. It keeps my skin soft and protected even in the Michigan winter, and in summer the SPF works well without melting or getting crusty after a workout. I also have seem some fading of melasma and dark spots on my face, but I think that's from the Neutrogena Facial Peel too. It's a little pricey, but I think it's worth it. I'm sticking with it!

on 6/16/2011 7:26:00 AM

I've been using this for over two months with absolutely no skin tone correction, as advertised. Additionally, as others have mentioned, the sparkly/greasy aspect is unappealing. DO NOT GET THIS PRODUCT NEAR YOUR EYES! It burns. A lot! For that matter, the fumes from the fragrance can cause more eye watering. Why do I continue to use it? Simple. I paid about $15 for the tiny lil bottle and can't bring myself to throw it away til it's gone. I just dust powder over the moisturizer to remove the sparkles.

Save your money.

Why did I buy it: I heard good things about it so I bought one.

I like:
1. It leaves your skin very soft, like you have just put silicon primer on.

2. SPF 15 is great

3. It does not make your face white, unlike some other spf lotions.

I hate:
1. Although it is nice having a pump, it is terribly designed. After each pump, your bottle get squeezed flat. I have to remove the whole cap to "inflate" the bottle every time.

2. Although Aveeno promoted itself as "active naturals", there is nothing natural about the product. It is just mainly chemicals you found in most regular drugstore brand, with a few "natural" ingredients mixed in.

3. It is quite pricey for a drugstore product. I think I pay around $14 for it at Target.

4. It claims to be hypoallergenic. First of all, I do not remember ever get irritated by any skincare/sunscreen/makeup/drugs/food ever, and this makes my skin itchy and gives me hives every single time I use it. I mean, I NEVER EVER find myself allergic to almost anything, and this definitely does not agree with me.

Conclusion: If you are looking for a natural product, don't try Aveeno, go check out wholefood. And if you have sensitive skin, stay away from it.

on 5/30/2009 2:56:00 PM

this product was very disappointing. i was very excited to get this moisturizer. when i first tried it the positively radiant moisturizer it:
-smelled like sunscreen
-looked like plain old sunscreen
-irritated my skin because i am allergic to certain sunscreens
-did not moisturize at all
-looked to shimmery
-and made me look like a cherry because of the shimmery sparkles what a waste of $$
but i guess it's not bad i still use it to highlight my nose and cheek bones. but i use very very little and also on my neck
I DO NOT RECOMMEND FOR SENSITIVE SKIN!
I'm better of with plain ol' lotion.

on 11/30/2016 3:39:00 AM

I did not think I would like this SPF moisturiser as much as I do.

Low UVB, high UVA, SPF15 moisturisers are becoming harder and harder to find. They are recommending higher than SPF25 now but I am pretty sure I apply the previously recommended amount, if not more. I do not want to load skin with unnecessary UVB protecting chemicals when I do not stay in direct sunlight a lot. Mineral actives seem like a good idea only they all have a white cast, even the modern Japanese ones like the Shiseido. So low SPF 3% Avobenzone is where it is at for me.

What I love about this Aveeno is that it dries matte. Being male I thought the "Radiant" part would be visible and make me uncomfortable but it does not. It is barely noticeable and with a mattifying primer on top - even less so.

I used the Ultra-Calming for a while which works wonders under a matte foundation like Double Wear but definitively needs powder on its own. Even under a mattifying primer. This does not. It has a wonderful dry, somewhat powdery finish.

Time to stock!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first this cream felt awesome on my skin! Also i love
the smell, but after using it for a couple of days i started to break out and my skin was getting very oily. I continued to use as i thought it might go away but it didnt :\

on 10/9/2016 7:06:00 AM

Immediate but slight burn when first applied. Continued to use but after a few days I now have red, very itchy splotches on my face. Will never buy again!

on 2/24/2016 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I wanted to love this stuff so badly but it doesn't love me back! I got this in a gift set with the positively radiant night cream and the positively radiant facial cleansing wipes for $19CDN which is a great price considering the positively radiant daily moisturizer costs $19 by itself.

The product is very thick (so thick it feels like it's a zinc sunscreen) but it spreads out easily and didn't leave my skin with a white cast which I really appreciate. If I applied too much the product would pill off of my face if I didn't let it set. The smell is clean, slightly floral, faint and fades quickly after application. The lotion does have micro shimmer in there and it did really make my combination oily skin look radiant and even. It felt powdery and soft once it sunk in but still gave my combination skin adequate moisture.

Whenever I start using a new moisturizer with SPF, usually my forehead breaks out in a bumpy rash for a few days before fading and never coming back. The same thing happened with this daily lotion but it didn't fade! The bumps multiplied and started moving down my face. A week after I stopped using the lotion, the bumps went away. Two weeks after that I tried the lotion again to see if my body had finally acclimated itself to it, but my forehead started to break out again.

I really want to use this daily lotion long enough to see if it's going to brighten my skin but I cannot take the way it breaks me out! I've only ever used it for a few days at a time before it breaks me out.

Long story short; This stuff has a really nice texture and finish but it breaks me out like crazy. It didn't work for me, but I think it would be a nice product for someone with less sensitive skin than mine.

on 8/3/2014 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff. I have bought it twice now. Makes my skin feel and look great. I have dry skin, and I use a full pump on each cheek, and another one on my forehead. Then let it sink in a bit, and have no problem with applying makeup, the stuff is not greasy on me. Smell is nice. Price is fine, just wait for a coupon or a sale and snag a few.