Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 36-43
Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

4.5

on 10/25/2017 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this mascara. Thanks to contacts my eyes water and I rub them a lot. This does not budge. It even survives intense cardio sweat sessions. It is difficult to remove but an oil based cleanser does the trick. Apparently there is a remover for this mascara but I’ve not tried it. My only criticism is I have to buy it via Amazon UK or eBay. Although delivery through them from Japan is pretty quick

on 11/9/2016 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My lashes: straight, fairly short and sparse, oily lids, eyes that tend to water quite a bit.
I always wear waterproof mascaras, partly because my eyes water easily, and partly because only waterproof mascaras can hold a curl in my lashes. With most mascaras I can literally see my lashes straighten out immediately on application - they make a little wah-waaah sad trombone sound and deflate, pretty much. I have worn Max Factor Masterpiece WP for years and years, because it holds the curl, gives nice separation and used to perform reliably well. Lately that has begun smudging under my eyes, though, probably due to some combination of oily lids and perhaps a formula change.

So I switched to this mascara, after coming across recommendations saying that it was a really good one for holding a curl in stubborn lashes. And it is! It holds a curl better than Masterpiece WP, actually. It also gives quite a bit of volume and length, it separates reasonably well if you're careful about wiping off all the excess product from the wand and it can be built up some, too. There is no smudging at all on me, and I use MAC Cleanse Off Oil daily, which takes it off without problems. I ordered mine from a Japanese Ebay retailer that I order sunscreens and things from every now and then, and it was very reasonably priced, too; the same price level as drugstore mascaras where I am.

The only issue I have with it is that the wand picks up about ten times as much product as I want, so I have to do a lot of wiping, and I don't love curved mascara wands in general. I kind of miss the silicone wand of MF Masterpiece. The excellent performance of this mascara is worth the hassle, though. I will repurchase.

on 1/29/2012 8:56:00 PM

This is the best mascara I've EVER used, and I've used literally hundreds in my quest to find the perfect nonirritating, super-waterproof, non-smearing lengthening affordable mascara. THIS IS IT!!! I am a big crier and with this on, I could be blasted in the face with a firehose while swimming through a tsunami and bawling my eyes out...this is not gonna budge. Shiny black and VERY lengthening...it adds a little volume, but not so much that my lashes look tangled & sticky like some volumizing formulas do. Some people complain that it's hard to remove, but isn't that the point??? If it was easy to remove, it wouldn't stay on like it does, duh. Use an eye makeup remover, like FANCL or DHC...Lancome Bifacil works quite well also. Like anything in life, you need the right tools to do the job well. I did knock 2 stars off for the packaging quality: the stopper on this seems to loosen up after a dozen uses & I suspect this is why it seems to dry out a bit quicker than I'd like it to. For the price and the quality, I deal with it. You can find it at many Japanese groceries or on Ebay, but I get mine from Adambeauty: he's got good prices & good shipping rates from Hong Kong, and his customer service is stellar: always get right back to me with answers on questions, and if he doesn't have something you want he'll do his best to get it.

PROS: Extends lashes very well. Does NOT flake/smudge/smear at all!!!! Wonderful curl holding ability. Even though it has fibers, it does not get in my eyes and bother them like all others with fibers do.

CONS: The brush is slightly awkward. Can't build much to make thicker lashes, but this doesn't say it's for thickness or volume. I don't know if this is what makes it not smear at all, but there is some stiffness to the lashes from this. Very hard to remove (see tips below.) Having to order it is a pain.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you're going to try to build with coats, do it while it's still wet.

REMOVAL TIPS: The best thing I've found is first Vaseline rubbed in and then Almay's NON-oily remover in the bottle (squirted on to a cotton pad.) The combo of these two works much better than anything else I experimented with.

APPLICATION TIPS: I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler.

ALTERNATES: For HE, for volume, try MUFE Smoky Lash. Lasts great with lots of volume. The Falsies by Maybelline (then covered by Clarins Double Fix, to waterproof it) OR The Rocket by Maybelline (also covered by Clarins Double Fix) is wonderful for volume and lots of length. For lots of volume and good length, I like Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof.