Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 36-43
Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

4.5

on 8/1/2016 9:52:00 PM

HG mascara for me! I have repurchased this three times so far and have no plans to stop. Here's what makes this a great purchase in my view --

Extremely waterproof -- This just just does not move. The formula stays on my lashes and does not flake or give me raccoon eyes after even when wearing it all day. After applying it sets in about 20-30 seconds. Once set, you'll need a heavy duty oil cleanser or makeup remover to get rid of it. And more than likely you'll need to use that cleanser multiple times. I have pretty good luck removing this with my favorite cleansing oil, The Face Shop Rice Water Cleansing Oil. It's a lightweight oil cleanser that reacts with this Heroine Make formula pretty quickly.

Sturdy packaging -- I can dump this in the bottom of my bag, forget about it, and know that it will still be there later.

Very opaque and thick formula -- This formula is somewhat thick though I wouldn't say it thickens lashes. it's very opaque, very black, and looks great on. It is on the heavier side though so you might not want this if you're going for a super natural, no-makeup look.

This product does NOT volumize or curl really in my opinion. I don't mind that though since for me the major selling point for this is that it's extremely waterproof. I choose this mascara when I know I will be in the rain, tearing up at a sad / happy event, or sweating at the gym. This is so waterproof that it makes me rethink wearing any other mascaras just in case I anticipate sweating or crying through them. I wear this 5/7 days per week and substitute in a no-mascara or alternate-mascara day in between.

on 7/10/2014 10:15:00 AM

This is the only mascara I've tried (apart from the old formulation of the Imju Fiberwig) that does not smear, smudge, flake, or end up under my eyes. It lasts 12+ hours without budging.

The formulation is a bit clumpy and I needed a lash brush to remove them. But overall, it goes on smoothly. The wand applicator is quite small, which works well to get the small lashes at the corners of the eyes. It lengthens and holds a curl well. It is not particularly volumizing, though. I would say that the effects are natural, not ultra dramatic. It enhances your lashes but doesn't make you look like you're wearing falsies. But the best part about this is its lasting power. My left eye has a tendency to water throughout the day PLUS I have oily lids and even then, this mascara doesn't move until I take it off 12+ hours later.

I've read here that this can be very hard to remove, but using a biphasic eye makeup remover, I haven't experienced any difficulties.

This is my HG mascara. The only downside is that it is not available locally and needs to be ordered from Asia.

UPDATE (7/30/14): After wearing it for a few more weeks, I have noticed some smudging...not all the time, but on particularly humid days, some of it ends up under my left eye (the one that waters) at around 8 - 10 h.

I think I really like this mascara. I just got it from Amazon a couple weeks ago after seeing all the reviews here. The color is very inky and you can wiggle it along water line and skip eyeliner. It doesn't budge, which is a con because it's hard to get off with my Neutrogena remover wipes, and those take off everything. I guess that is a good thing. Even after showering and washing my face it was still on and I didn't have raccoon eyes. The price is great on Amazon. And it really does curl. I bought a heated curler because my lashes have been breaking off. I don't even need to use it with this mascara. I just wish it was a little easier to get off because I'm scared of breaking my lashes trying to take it off or if I rub my eyes and it's not all quite off. I might fall in love when I get the hang of it.

on 3/13/2011 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I LOVE this mascara! This was recommended to me by other MUE girls and I am so glad I got it! You put it on ONE time, and it stays on all day (and night.) I have oily eyelids, and this is the only mascara that does not come off of my bottom eyelashes. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a very good mascara that does not budge; not even in the shower, washing your face, or sleeping! By the way, it's very easy to remove with either Coconut Oil or EVOO. Try it!

PROS: Extends lashes very well. Does NOT flake/smudge/smear at all!!!! Wonderful curl holding ability. Even though it has fibers, it does not get in my eyes and bother them like all others with fibers do.

CONS: The brush is slightly awkward. Can't build much to make thicker lashes, but this doesn't say it's for thickness or volume. I don't know if this is what makes it not smear at all, but there is some stiffness to the lashes from this. Very hard to remove (see tips below.) Having to order it is a pain.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you're going to try to build with coats, do it while it's still wet.

REMOVAL TIPS: The best thing I've found is first Vaseline rubbed in and then Almay's NON-oily remover in the bottle (squirted on to a cotton pad.) The combo of these two works much better than anything else I experimented with.

APPLICATION TIPS: I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler.

ALTERNATES: For HE, for volume, try MUFE Smoky Lash. Lasts great with lots of volume. The Falsies by Maybelline (then covered by Clarins Double Fix, to waterproof it) OR The Rocket by Maybelline (also covered by Clarins Double Fix) is wonderful for volume and lots of length. For lots of volume and good length, I like Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof.

Oh man! What a disappointment. I have short, straight lashes and I had high hopes for this product. It isn't *bad*, it's just so average. Doesn't hold a curl well and just sort of blah looking lashes. Sigh. I'll keep looking.

on 3/2/2010 8:55:00 PM

I finally found a remover that works to take this off. Previously, I used a japan made remover that came in a pink mascara-looking tube, it even had a wand to put it on. You would leave it on for about 10 minutes then wipe off, but the new L'oreal green eye makeup remover works well. I love this mascara because it makes me look like I have fake lashes and stays on with very minimal smudging.

on 1/23/2008 6:52:00 PM

This mascara is my FAVORITE (along with Volume and Curl)! It truly does what it claims to do being able to extend my lashes doll like, and holds the curl even on my straight, stubborn asian lashes!
No smudging whatsoever, waterproof, and doesn't irritate (contact lens wearer + sensitive eyes.) Brush is small in size and curved, so its easy to maneuver around the inner and outer corners. Best of all, the fibers doesn't fall off as the day wears on, unlike some other fiber mascaras I've tried like Fiberwig or Fasio.
Decided to try it since its got such rave reviews in Japan and asia, plus the price is so affordable I am able to change a new tube more frequently. Some has complained its hard to remove, I don't mind taking slightly more time since its a small price to pay for the result that I get. Best way is to press a cotton pad with waterproof mascara remover onto the eye for a minute or two, then gently wipe off, repeat if necessary. No more purchasing big name department store mascaras anymore since I've found this!!!