Palmer's Body Oil

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

3.8

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this product caused a massive 3 day long rash and little bother from customer "care"?

on 5/16/2016 3:36:00 PM

this is my holy grail product. as soon as I get out of the shower I apply it all over to my skin still damp and then dry as normal. I've never felt more smooth and soft and hydrated. I swear by this stuff. it also leaves me smelling really nice like marshmallows. I have horrible dry skin and this does the trick.

on 1/24/2015 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I guess I'm raining on the parade here. I bought this because it was affordable, good size and looked good for dry winter skin. In the product's defence I have sensitive eczema prone skin so I should have been more cautious as I knew it contained fragrance. It seemed ok the first week or so and I assumed it was safe on my skin and would not cause adverse effects, but I was mistaken as it wasn't an immediate reaction.This gave me bad eczema for the first time in a good while and it irritated various other spots on my skin. I saw another reviewer below mention that they were eczema prone but enjoyed this product so who knows it might be ok on you too.

It feels rather rich and luxurious upon application, but I did find the scent to be overwhelming. It was very strong and not even a pleasant fragrance in my opinion. I also found the packaging annoying, the oil spurts out messily and in large amounts. It also disappointed me because it wasn't even that moisturising and skin sensitivities aside, other body oil blends have done a better job. My skin would gradually dry out again in the following 2-3 hours.

on 3/27/2014 5:14:00 PM

This probably The Cheapest natural body oil available, in case you don't want to use virgin olive oil from supermarket:).
Many reviewers compare it to Baby Oil or even Bio Oil, but I would never use either, because they both contain mineral oil that is comedogenic, clogs pores, and doesn't sink in, but only forms a film on the skin.

Palmers, however, is mostly natural (although not organic or virgin) soja oil (only very little of cocoa is in it!), and much better for your skin and environment than any mineral-oil based lotion/cream or oil.

So yes, this Palmers oil has been my every-day body moisturiser on-and off for many years. I actually dry my skin after shower, and apply a small amount on warm skin, put some loose clothes on until it sinks in fully (about 20 min to apply make up etc). It so cheap, very fast relief for dry skin, has a lovely sweet smell that doesn't clash with parfume, if you don't slather a lot of it on, and is just far easier/faster to apply than any lotion.

A very good product that can be easily mixed with a few drops of bergamot or other essential oil to mask the sweet chocolate/vanilla scent it has. As I recently had the bottle leaking in the bag, I poured it into a an emty spray bottle instead, much safer.

on 3/12/2013 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just bought this today and I love love love this. Its a little hard to find depending what stores you have nearby. It around 10$ and I think its a good price. The smell isn't amazing and it isn't bad at all. Its ok. I use this right when I get out of the shower. My skin feels very smooth and had no greasy feeling or anything at all. It just feels like natural smooth skin if that makes sense. I'm thinking about using it on my face to even my skintone out. I will update this review in two months. I also used half a pump on my severly damaged hair. I have stripped and twice bleached ombre hair. I added it to my organix coconut serum, (which didn't do anything for my hair by itself) and I applied it only on my bleached ends.. Much to my suprise!! My hair is silky smooth and is the best its ever been!! It is nowhere near greasy either, it just soaked up in my hair. wow, just amazing!! This is definately a staple in my life from this day foward.

This is thee one for me!!! I was currently using the L'occitane almond oil which is so so expensive!!! so I switched to be able to have an upkeep of this product.. I love the price of it.. the smell is so lovely and it super moisturizes my skin!! win win for all!!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Can't believe I just started using this given that the use of body oil post showering has long been my preferred means of keeping my skin soft and moist (it so much easier and more effective than body lotion!). For some reason it never occurred to me that Palmer's made their cocoa butter products in an oil form. I had been using baby oil all this time which works just fine, but Palmer's is a more natural and better smelling alternative. It's fantastic at banishing the painfully itchy dryness I often experience around my sides, hips and thighs during the winter and leaves my legs incredibly smooth after shaving. I just slather it on right after I shut off the water in the shower, rub it in as best I can and then towel off the excess as I dry off. So much more efficient than using lotion on dry skin! Love the scent too. It smells just like you'd expect any cocoa butter based product to, like creamy and sweet hot cocoa. At around $5 for 8 oz it's a little more expensive than baby oil, but still cheap enough that the minor splurge isn't enough to fuss over.

on 8/20/2011 12:13:00 AM

I normally use pure lavender body oil but I've been looking to create something I can use in bulk. So I managed to pick up this bottle and am reasonably impressed with the outcome of mixing 3/4 Palmers with 1/4 Lavender oil.

To maximise your application and reduce wastage, pour the product into a spray bottle and use that. If you pour the liquid straight into your hand, it leads to uneven application and risk of wastage if the product spills. A quick spritz of the spray bottle at the end of your shower is quick and easy. Simply rub in and pat dry when you step out, voila.

The smell is in my opinion a little offputting (I'm not a fan of the warm vanilla/cocoa scents) because it is still strong enough that it will have an impact on any perfume you spray on. While I say I would buy this again, if I found something else within the same price range I would probably switch.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

A couple times a week I slather this all over myself after shaving, it keeps my skin healthy and soft for days afterward. The bottle leaks and makes it difficult to travel with.
I will always keep this product in my body care rotation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the smell of this oil - it's like chocolate! I put it on my legs which get very dry. It takes a while to sink in but after it does, my skin is nice a soft. There is a little lingering greasiness afterward though, so I'm not sure I'll repurchase. Overall though, I am fairly pleased. Extra lippy for the lovely scent.