L'Oreal Paris Infallible 8HR Pro Gloss

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.9

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecanol, Acrylic Acid / Isobutyl Acrylate / Isobornyl Acrylate Copolymer, Isododecane, Squalane, Polybutene Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Silica, Caprylic / Capric Glycerides, Caprylyl Glycol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Parfum / Fragrance. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Sigh. Loved the packaging, loved the applicator, loved the color and feel... but it bleeds like a stuck pig. Lip liner required, at least for the mid-to-dark colors in the line. The longer I wore it, the more it bled, until I basically had kool-aid mouth.

Pretty color, iffy formula. Womp womp.

I love this lipgloss- not to wear on its own but over lipstick, it makes lipstick last and look good for HOURS. The smell doesn't bother me, and the texture took some getting used to, especially having to wait as the product 'set.' I have several of these and wear them over top of similarly colored lipsticks, I especially like using them over lipstick if I have to go to long meetings and I want my lipstick to stay on and look good. I also find that I can skip liner if I want to, the lipstick/gloss combo gives such good coverage and can give a nice 'done' lip without looking cakey. I've been repurchasing these for years and would be very sad if they were ever discontinued.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Purchased in Dulce de Leche. It's a sparkly caramel color.
Lasts a decent amount of time considering it's a gloss.

The smell is god-awful. It smells medicinal. Like Vicks Vapo-rub. It also tingles a bit when on...like those stupid plumper glosses.

When it wears off, the glitter from the gloss gets all over.

It's an okay product; if it weren't for the smell I'd like it a lot more but the smell and taste? Bleccch. Pass.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't know why I have never reviewed these, since I own like....10 or more of them. These are really excellent lipglosses. They have the best staying power combined with the nicest consistency you can find. Look, they are called infallible for a reason-they are meant to stay on. For the people complaining that they are too sticky....they are really not! They are stickier than lipbalms, sure. But, don't be afraid to try these because you are reading that they are sticky....it's not like your lips get glued together. Honestly, they feel quite smooth to me, and they stay on your lips for HOURS, very impressive. Not only does the color stay, but the sheen and moisture lasts, as well. Plus, most of them have a large, metallic cap which doubles as a mirror if you need help putting them on! The felt brushes are also very soft and there are a large variety of colors + plumping varieties. Just try them, they are awesome.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The color Pretty Precious - a nude pinkish beige - is an exact dupe for MAC's Lip Gelee in Resort Life in shade. Resort Life was part of MAC's Lily Pulizer collection and was later released in the Venomous Villains collection with a picture of Disney's Dr. Facilier on the tube.

I like the texture of L'Oreal better than MAC. L'Oreal's gloss goes on a bit thick and then dries down. It by no means last 8 hours but because it dries down it lasts longer than most glosses. I regret buying the MAC gloss when this is a cheaper dupe that I actually like better.

It has pink and silver micro glitter in it and looks beautiful on top of many different lipsticks. It also looks great on it's on since it is pigmented enough to have it's on beigy pink color.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Alright, I bought this because I wanted a long lasting lip gloss. Perfect product, right? Eh- not really. It stays on for a VERY long time, and I do like the different colors they offer. But why I wouldn't but this lip gloss again is because the way it feels on your lips is horrible to me. Its SO sticky and feels almost plastic-y! If you don't think that would bother you, then you should try this gloss. But if you're like me, sensitive to the way things actually feel, then I would not suggest this gloss. And i know some people are curios about this- it doesn't really smell like anything. So almost everything about the gloss is great, except the texture.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Not a bad lip gloss, but not the greatest. Mine smells like a black forrest cake, literally. I love the packaging, the wand and also the smell, however the consistency is a bit too sticky for my liking. Not a bad lipgloss if you like more of a thick, sticky gloss, however I like mine to be a bit lighter than this. I would re-purchase again if I could find it cheap.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I loved L'Oreal's Infallible 6 Hr Lip Gloss, so I had to try the new 8 hour version. I have "Sunset" in both 6 hr and 8 hr and the colors are different- the new Sunset is a medium coral-pink with gold shimmer. (The old Sunset is darker and more mauve-pink with gold glitter.)

The formula is still very thick (in a good way) and a bit sticky. I just apply lip balm first so that the formula thins out a bit and it's not sticky any more. The wand is one of my favorite things about these lip glosses because it's a triangular fuzzy applicator that gives me more precision than a messy brush. The cap also doubles as a mirror.

The $11 price is pretty high for a drugstore lip gloss but it's totally worth it to me because they're my favorite glosses (plus, they always go on sale). I love that these formulas are long lasting and they have great color payoff for lip glosses- the new Sunset is the perfect coral-pink for my NC40-45 skin tone. I'll be wearing this all spring/summer and I will definitely repurchase!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Finally! A product that lives up to it's name- this lip gloss is truly infallible. At the price of super sticky lips. I bought this lip gloss at Shoppers Drug Mart for $13.49 CAN after one of my favourite beauty gurus mentioned this in a video of hers and had the same sticky complaint. The shade I got was 'Barely Nude' and it is very pigmented and a bit on the heavy side. I absolutely love the way that this lip gloss makes my lips look! The colour is just so flattering and makes my lips look full (they are already very, very full) and healthy. It also definitely does last 6 hours regardless of food or drink. I definitely do not like this lip gloss when I go the exchange a kiss or two with my boyfriend but otherwise I really, really like it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

one word: Bleh. I bought this a while back and applied once...then it sat in the bottom of my makeup bag, and it's still at the bottom of my makeup bag. I keep forgetting to throw it away. I didn't like the consistency of this gloss..and it dried my lips out. Tasted bad too. It was a waste of money.

Update 2/08/12:
I finally went through my makeup and threw out all the old MU and the things I didn't like, including that dreaded one mentioned above. From now on if I purchase something I don't like, I'm keeping the receipt and taking it back because I'm tired of wasteing my money on crap.