L'Oreal Paris Infallible 8HR Pro Gloss

Filtered by skin tone : Other

3.7

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecanol, Acrylic Acid / Isobutyl Acrylate / Isobornyl Acrylate Copolymer, Isododecane, Squalane, Polybutene Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Silica, Caprylic / Capric Glycerides, Caprylyl Glycol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Parfum / Fragrance. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake.

As a lipgloss, it does stay on much longer than normal lipgloss. 6 hours? Not quite, the colors are nice- and it does stay on quite long for a lipgloss. I would def recommend this. It's a little steep at 8 dollars I'd probably wait for a sale, or a coupon like I did but it's a good lipgloss.

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

Stays on long, but not the shine. Looks dull after about 2 hours. Comes completely off in 6 hours.. And when it fades off/comes of, my lips feel dry and stiff, almost irritated. Sticky, so the product tends to pick up a lot of dirt - had my lips and nasty1Has a cotton candy-bubblegum type of smell that is so attracting at first, but gets annoying and a bit nauseating.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

EDIT: I am upping the rating to 5 after using it for the past week. I am really liking the color, and the sweet cotton candy scent is growing on me. But most of all, I am loving the fact I don't have to reapply my lipgloss every hour.

Original Review: I picked up this lipgloss in Barely Nude over the holidays because I was intrigued by the claim it will last 6 hours.

I'm much more of a lipgloss person than lipstick, so I'm used to my lipcolor & shine disappear after 1, 1 1/2 hours. So a lipgloss that lasts 6 hours sounds like the perfect product for me.

First, it doesn't last 6 hours. But it does last considerably longer than conventional glosses. With drinking & no eating, it lasted almost 4 hours. And the color faded evenly as it wore off. The texture & shine is somewhere between a lipgloss and a liquid lipstick. The color definitely shows up, and there is some shine, but it's not super glossy.

The color Barely Nude shows up as a creamy nudish pink (with no shimmer) quite well on my pigmented pink lips. Maybe it will be more of a true nude on someone with pale lips.

Overall, I'm happy with it, and probably will re-purchase. But I have yet to use up a single cosmetic item, lol. continued >>

Looked great and felt great when first put on... THEN it got so sticky and tacky that it felt like glue. My hair blew over my face and it stuck on my lips. Too bad.. it was great the first 5 minutes. I also don't know why Loreal uses such a strong fragrance thats almost perfumey on their lip products. Last thing i want to taste on my mouth is perfume. I hate tacky sticky lip glosses so I won't be wearing this again.

I got this in the color raisin. It is a sheer YLBB shade for me (medium skin, pigmented lips, dark hair). While it does not last me 6 hours, it lasts far better than any gloss I have ever owned (including high end brands). It has a slight berry flavor, which I did not mind. After several hours it starts to wear off and is not as glossy, but some color remains. It does wear off evenly and does not look weird. The applicator looks strange, but I found it effective to use. It has not dried out my lips, but I don't have much of a problem with that. I will probably buy more shades.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The gloss looked beautiful in the tube, but can out extremely sheer on my caramel skin tone, almost clear, which is why i wouldnt buy again. I wasnt really feeling the the applicator either - it did not enhance the product at all. Of course I wasnt expecting it to last 6 hours, but it barely lasted six minutes! I will still wear, just so I wont waste the money, but I would not repurchase because the color did not show up on me.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really am hooked on this lipgloss. It doesn't look the same after 6 hours of course, but it actually still looks good. I don't need to reapply it for at least a good 4 hours, and the stickiness wears off a lot, and the colors are beautiful. (I have Modern Mauve and Truffle.) All my other glosses and lipsticks are being neglected because this is so easy and so pretty and soft looking. I'll probably never go back to long-wearing lipstick or gloss.

WOW! I love this stuff!!! I bought 2 with the BOGO at CVS and I went in again today and got four more. Here's why: the formula is awesome. It's not sticky at all when applied right. Use the large doe foot applicator (kinda hard to get out but covers the lip area nicely) to apply the gloss. Other long lasting formulas that are two step have small wands and REALLY drying formulas, plus whenever I applied it the result was really streaky. Not so with this applicator and formula. Apply the gloss and wait a few minutes before pressing your lips together (I know hard to resist) to let it "set". Then you are golden, not sticky at all! While I wouldn't call it 6 hour, I did hourly checks today and it lasted about four. This is really nice because I mostly used MAC and Chanel, which may last 1 hour on a good day! LOL!

Another bonus with this formula is that it doesn't wear off weird like other long lasting formulas. Other ones comes off in patches, which is a huge reason that I never use them. Not so with this gloss, comes off like a regular gloss and maintains a nice shine too! My favorite are Undeniable mauve (looks like MAC syrup l/s on me), rebel red (beautiful red stain gloss), and Barely nude which is a perfect nude gloss that lasts. This is important for my pigmented lips when I wear dramatic eyeshadow, if my lips aren't nude I look like a clown :(

I plan on buying more while it's BOGO, even though it's pricer for L'Oreal, I think it's worth it even at full price. Considering that MAC is a few dollars more and is super sticky, L'Oreal's superior formula is a good buy.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this in Truffle, a shimmery beige-y mauve that applies more sheer than I had expected. The texture is somewhat sticky, yet not sticky (hard to describe) and it's very moisturizing without feeling oily. The doe-foot applicator is enormous and I was surprised by its size but it covers my lips all in one swipe. The lasting power is better than most watered down lipglosses, but still I don't think it lasts 6 hours! It's gone after you eat, so you have to reapply. I think it's pretty good, and I also got the shade Firey, a sparkly golden reddish nude that gives a soft pop of color with some golden shimmers (slightly large for my taste, but not too bad). Price is kinda steep at $10 a pop, but I got a BOGO free deal.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Retails for 10USD. I wasn't crazy about the other infallible lip gloss (with its two-step application), but the new colors for this one-step application were too hard to resist. There are a ton of pretty colors. I chose sunset (a nude peach) and modern mauve (rosy mauve). These do last a bit longer than your average gloss and the best part is that they're not drying or have that gross, powdery loreal smell. I'm not sure how to describe this new fragrance that they've added, but it's not offensive. The packaging is sleek, though the tip is crooked, so it's kind of hard to get the applicator out. I would recommend this gloss for something in between a lipstick and sheer gloss--it's semi-opaque!