MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

on 1/16/2011 8:37:00 AM

Mac Face and Body is a SUPERB product! I've been using this product for almost 4 months now and it's one of the best foundations I've owned. I purchased it in shade C1 which is I believe the lightest.

CONSISTENCY: Thin, runny fluid.

COVERAGE:: The coverage is very light, somewhere along the lines of a tinted moisturizer. It is buildable, however, if you need a medium to full coverage, then it would be best to buy a foundation that offers that in one application as it would look better than trying to achieve it with a product like Face & Body.

It covers the skin very nicely and spreads across it smoothly and evenly. It does not leave any streaks behind, and looks great when applied with just fingers (so no tools necessary).

Once applied, this product does leave a very dewy/shiny finish to the skin. If you want that look, then you can leave as is and do not need to powder. If you want a more matt finish, you can easily use this foundation and just apply powder to set it (I've worn it both ways and it looks great)!

STAYING POWER: The staying power is pretty good, I'd say that one me, it still looks good at 10+ hours (and I usually do not apply primer).

I believe this foundation is great for a variety of climates, because I was in Agadir, Morocco a while back and it was VERY HOT AND HUMID but Face and Body stayed in place and looked great.

PACKAGING: Mac provide the perfect packaging for this type of product. This foundation is very thin and runny, and the bottle is soft squeezable plastic with a small spout on top (like the top of an eye drop bottle). You can disperse the exact amount of product you need and the spout accurately places it where you need (back of your hand, sponge, palette, etc), whilst keeping the entire bottle and you clean.

PRICE: 22.50 for 120 ML / 4 US Fluid Oz. If you consider the amount of product you're getting for this price, it's actually a great bargain! Most of my other foundations are 30 ML and the same price or more expensive.

CONS: The only con is that the Face & Body range seems rather limited in terms of colour options. I need a very yellow-based foundation and this range simply doesn't offer good options for those with fair skin. I have to make do with C1 and attempt to correct the colour with yellow-based powder.

OVERALL: I highly recommend this product for anyone who desires a light coverage to even out their skin or even for those that are new to foundation and don;t want to appear to be wearing a base. I don't have perfect skin but even feel this product is good for those wanting light-medium coverage because you can always achieve a medium coverage by using a powder in addition to this foundation.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have only used this for 2 days but I am really enjoying it. I have really dry flaky skin and most foundations enhance the dry spots and flakes through out the day. I do put 3 layers on because this is more sheer since it is water based but it still is very natural and light feeling. Definatly needs to be set with a little powder. overall very nice foundation!

This is the easiest of liquid foundation applications ive tried. it's best if your looking for sheer coverage. but you can get more coverage by setting it with powder( I use mac msf natural)
Theres a wide variation of color to get your perfect shade, like any other mac foundation.
This bottle is so big & a little goes a long way- i cant say when id need to purchase again but when i do run out, id surly buy again.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This is probably my favourite foundation ever (and I've tried everything from Dior to NARS to MUFE to Maybelline to Bourjois to Rimmel to Bobbi Brown to Laura Mercier...you get my drift). Some people call this sheer but I politely disagree - it is a light coverage foundation that can be built up to medium.

Now, I do not have nice skin by any means. I have acne scarring on my cheekbone, a few on my chin, the occasional blemish on my forehead. To top that all off I have a very uneven skin tone and some redness on my cheeks. It's so ugly. But this foundation works brilliantly for me and makes my skin look pretty! Even without concealer, this diminishes any redness, evens out my skin tone beautifully and covers my acne scarring! It does provide some coverage to currentt blemishes, but not enough to cover them completely. If I want a really flawless look I just apply a little bit of concealer underneath and then apply this ontop.

The texture is very watery and thin. I highly recommend using your hands to apply and the warmth of your fingers will make the foundation more creamy and thick (it really does!) which will allow the foundation to just melt like butter on your skin.

I have normal-combo skin and find the formula works well for me. It gives a slightly dewy look. Because of that reason I'd say it's best for dry to combo skin. But I'm sure some oily skinned ladies could rock this if they had a good oil control primer or setting powder. Anyway, it does feel rather tacky and almost waxy on the skin if you apply quite a generous amount, which can be an annoyance. I rarely set it with powder unless I'm going clubbing or something...even without setting, it doesn't feel sticky on my face. If it does feel sticky, you've applied too much. It feels lightweight on my face and I cannot feel that I'm wearing makeup.

I love that this gives me a natural look. I hate looking caked in makeup, so this is great because it looks like my skin but 100000% better. I get compliments on my skin whenever I wear this - people saying I'm "so lucky to have nice skin"...don't make me laugh, my skin is disgusting haha. I use it day and night, doesn't matter. The lasting power is pretty good too - I can apply at 7AM and it will be there at 6PM still (I may have to use blot paper on my nose once but that's hardly a chore). I never usually wear makeup when working out, but one of my girlfriends ended up dragging me for an hour jog in the park against my will. I was suprised that this foundation stayed intact, despite me sweating like a horse. It hadn't ran off my face or faded. I've also worn this out clubbing plenty of times and it doesn't sweat off.

This claims to be water resistant but I don't think so. If I'm caught in rain for 1 minute, it will streak like crazy. Weird, seeing as it's extremely sweat-proof yet not has little water resistance.

The smell of the foundation is a little...weird...but not terrible. I have the worlds most sensitive skin but have not noticed any breakouts or irritation caused from this foundation (which is saying something as every single MAC foundation I've tried in the past has broken me out). And the price - what a bargain! 23 for 120ml is amazing. It works out a million times cheaper than most HE foundations and suprisingly cheaper than a lot of DS foundations if you consider that amount you get for the price.

I am an NC15-20 with a slight yellow undertone and use C1. It is a perfect match for me...a pale colour with slight yellow tones to it. I'll probably have to get C2 in summer though.

So YES I do really love this foundation. It's perfect for my needs. A definate repurchase for me. I have tried the MUFE face and body foundation aswell, but this MAC one blows it out of the water!

UPDATE: I much prefer the MUFE version to the MAC one now. I've noticed that my skin can no longer tolerate it that well and I get red bumps over my cheeks after wearing this for a few hours. The MUFE one does not break me out, lasts all day, looks more natural than the MAC one...I will not be repurchasing this MAC one again!

on 12/13/2010 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have never tried MAC products before and don't believe in spending $30 on a bottle of foundation... but for some reason I wanted to see what the hype is about so I decided to try out one of their products. After looking around at different products, I decided to try out this foundation mainly because of size/price. If I am going to buy something that will eventually end up washed down the drain, I might as well get my money's worth.

This foundation comes in a 4oz bottle that costs about the same as a standard 1oz bottle of foundation. I decided it may be worth a try, and if not thankfully I can always return it. Well, I decided to skip going to the MAC counter mainly because I have never really gone to one, and I also don't like other people doing my makeup for me or talking me into buying ridiculous products that I don't want/need. Not knowing which shade I needed I basically just picked one that I thought would work. I choose the C2 shade and ordered it online.

I first tried it on bare skin and although it works well, it does not cover up imperfection; this is more like a tinted moisturizer. People with blemishes and other imperfections would need something else or to use it with some type of a concealer. I personally don't have many skin issues so I could wear it on it's own, but I prefer to wear it over my Revlon Colorstay. This foundation creates a soft dewy finish, not that oily/greasy type of dewy that typically turns orange later on. It also feels very light on skin. I apply it first with my fingers to warm it up a little bit as it blends better that way, and then finish the application with a foundation brush. Always comes out looking great. Needless to say I really like it and the shade that I picked worked out pretty well probably because it's such a light foundation. The shades appear just slightly different so I think that I could probably get away with using either C 1 or 2 and be just fine.
The packaging is great and very sanitary because it comes in a squeeze bottle.

Update:
So I took a break from this foundation for about a month while testing a different product. I went back to this today and I gotta say that I love this product even more. The other foundation was such a huge disappointment that this one just looks even better. I love this product and the results that it produces. I am so glad that my first MAC purchase was not a disappointment in any way whatsoever. This product makes me feel a better about trying other MAC products and spending the money on them because chances are they will be worth it.

Finally broke down and bought this foundation and I'm truly glad I did. For reference I bought N1 which is a great match for my NC15 / NW15 complexion (I can wear both depending on the formula and look I want to achieve).
I was impressed with the quantity (120mls) I got for my money, plus the packaging is great considering it doesn't come with a pump, but a squeeze bottle. The formula itself took some time for me to adjust too, as it's quite watery and slippery. I have tried using brushes,sponges, and my fingers, and all honesty I found using my fingers to be the best method for application and blending. After applying I give this a few minutes to set, then apply my concealer, and set it with powder. I use my mineralize skinfinish first dusted all over, then a little blot powder on my t-zone. I love the final look as it's dewy, youthful, and not greasy. Plus the extra dusting of blot powder on my t-zone really helps keep the oilies in check for a greater length of time. Coverage wise I only apply one layer (I have read that others like to add layers, but personal I don't need to) and it seems to deliver sheer to light coverage. Compared to other foundations I like to rotate through this doesn't last as long before it starts to break down, look cakey and just plain gross, even with primers and methodical blotting and powdering. I can wear this particular foundation for up to 7 -8 hours and then I have to wash my face. What I really like about this foundation is how awesome my complexion looks in photographs. Now when ever I know I'll be having my picture taken I like to wear this particular foundation.

on 12/5/2010 2:07:00 PM

I finally caved in and got this after reading reviews for months.Firstly the price is excellant for such a huge amount and I love the bottle.All foundations should come in bottles like these.
I got matched to N1 and this matches my skin perfectly,once applied it looks like Im not wearing makeup at all just that I have good clear skin :o)
Im hoping it doesnt go off on me as I think its take ages to use it all.

on 11/30/2010 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

First thing, C1 matches my skin tone perfectly. I have a lot of trouble finding the right shade because I'm quite pale. This is spot on.

I love the bottle - it's ideal and no fuss with pump, etc. I just put a bit on the back of my hand and pat on with fingers. Quick and easy. I like that it's water based and goes on relatively medium light - covers rather well but you still see skin rather than just foundation which looks more natural than makeup-y. For more coverage, wait till it dries a bit and you can layer a second coat in some parts (or all over).

You get loads for your money. Lasts a long time.

Downside - I somehow find it a bit oily and melts off sooner rather than later. I've not tried with a primer yet (will edit when do). Still pretty good.

The other downside is that it's a 120ml bottle so can't take it for short trips in hand luggage (although decanting is relatively easy...).

Have bought again, really like it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really really wanted to love this product - and I did for about 2 days. Unfortunately it totally broke me out, which rarely ever happens to me.
I did try my luck again after about one month, just to make sure the break out was really due to this. Unfortunately, exactly the same thing happened all over again: red rash all over my face.
If you want to give this a try, make sure to get a sample first to check if your skin can take it. I'm still looking for my HG foundation, currently Lancome Teint Miracle seems to come really close!

on 11/5/2010 12:03:00 PM

I have this foundation in shade N1 and it is a good match for my skintone.

You get alot of product for your money with Face and Body, the packaging is also practical and hygenic, although hardly sleek and chic.

As with all MAC products there is a decent colour range and you should be able to find a match for most skintones however as for this product being sutible for all skin types I'm not so sure.

I have dry-combination skin and this still leaves me looking more sweaty-just been to the gym-finish than a dewy one. This can be solved with a bit of powder however I do like the finish once it settles and it's my go-to for summer.

This gives a sheer,natural coverage but covers my redness pretty well and can be built up without looking cakey.The lasting power of this foundation is decent, with powder and a few touch ups it will last you all day but that involves extra effort.

The price is good, the packaging could do with being a tad nicer and the foundation itself is pretty good so this is a repurchase for me!