MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

on 4/11/2011 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favourite foundation and makes my skin looks absolutely flawless. It's pretty different from other foundations that I've tried.
-----------------------
PROS:
- Almost undetectible on the skin. It gives a very skin-like natural finish. It doesn't mask your skin, but does enhance it. For example, I have redness in my cheeks (which is the my main reason for wearing foundation). Face & Body doesn't make my face one uniform flat colour, but it does reduce the redness considerably. No complete coverage (which looks unnatural in my opinion), it just makes your natural skin look prettier.
- Makes the skin look luminous - not shiny or glittery.
- It doesn't budge once it's dry. Seriously - when I look in the mirror after wearing it all day (work/uni/gym/whatever) it still looks good.
- This is the first foundation where I don't need to wear powder. Any other foundation fades on me during the day; not this one. NO POWDER, how amazing! I hate wearing powder over foundation as it always looks cakey on me (I have normal to dry skin).
- You get a lot in the packaging (but because it's more watery you also use more than you would with a normal foundation)
- Almost anyone will find a colourmatch, I think. I wear C2 but could get away with C1 as well. Perhaps even C3. I would always stick with the C colours because they have yellow in them and my face is pretty pink toned compared to my body. Also, shade C2 is actually a little dark for my face. But since my face is a slightly lighter than my body, it makes it so my face matches my neck/chest better.
- It's easy to layer this foundation once the first layer is dry. I just add a little bit more on my cheeks sometimes (in the evening when I'm going out for example)
---------------------------
CONS:
- The consistency takes some getting used to. It's watery and takes a little longer to blend. (not really a con since it took me about two applications to get used to it, but hell, gotta add some cons right?)
- Supposedly it goed bad pretty fast? I've only been using this foundation for 2 months though, so I haven't experienced this.
--------------------------
What else can I say? This foundation just makes your skin look really good. In the Mac store they said they called it 'the Beautifier' - it makes your skin look better.
This foundation is definetly a sheer to medium one. In my opinion anyone can wear a sheerer foundation. Even if you've got redness like me, or blemishes. It's layerable so you can add a little more where you need it. Or you can just use a concealer on the blemishes/discolourations you need to cover.
---
To sum it up: Mac Face & Body enhances your natural skin with sheer to medium (buildable) coverage. It lasts all day without the need to use powder (unless you need oil control I suppose), and looks like you've got nothing on. I'm definetly a fan!!

Every make up artist uses this product. I LOVE IT, its NOT FOR EVERYONE, it does not cover you need a concealer also,its light and even out tones,it blends well, is superb for summer, or sunny vacations.
natural look>I blend this with other foundations that offer more coverage I dilute with face and body. blend nice with strobe cream.I use the darker colours on legs and body, it blends better than spray tan.
only negative, its it does not last long in the bottle and will separate.Its also good for more mature skin as it does not creep into crows feet etc

on 3/22/2011 4:32:00 PM

**Update**

After trying to work with F&B for a little bit I've discovered that I actually keep coming back to it for certain things. It's still not a good overall foundation, because the coverage isn't full enough for me.

I use it on the bags under eyes because it's so thin it doesn't crease up or look super unnatural. It doesn't look white under my eyes in flash photography. I apply it over concealer on pimples to make it the coverage last longer and to make it more smooth/natural. I love using it to cover up the redness around my nose, it covers my pores and never makes that area look dry. Also, if I know that I'm going to have flash photos taken, I'll apply a really thin layer over my regular foundation.

So weird, but I'm kind of starting to love F&B.

**Original Review**
Girls who are trying to get fuller coverage out of F&B might find my review useful...

For reference, I'm very fair with yellow undertones. I have a lot of redness on my cheeks, dark circles and a little bit of acne to cover. I got this in C1 and it's a very good match for my skin color. I find that the yellow helps to even out my redness. I normally use Colorstay in Buff.

I bought this based on the positive MUA and makeup blog reviews. I didn't like the fact that my Colorstay has such a full matte coverage. I have pretty dry skin so I thought that I would look good in a more dewy finish. I'm super disappointed, but I have to admit to myself that I do not like MAC face and body! I knew going into this that it was going to be a lighter coverage but I have been really unhappy with it even as light around the house makeup.

I tried two methods of application: a F80 sigma brush and my fingers. I found the best way to apply was to use my fingers and pat the foundation down rather than spread it.

PROS:

-Great package design. The squeeze bottle makes it very easy to get out the right amount of foundation. Considering it has a very runny consistency, I can't imagine any other bottle really working.

-Good color match. The foundation is quite sheer, and therefor very forgiving. I can only really speak for my extremely fair skin, but I thought it was a good match for me.

-Looks great in flash photography (unlike my old standby Colorstay). I agree with everyone here about that! No ghostly white cast - just dewy, healthy looking skin. It looks like I am not wearing any make up!

CONS:

- The coverage sucks. It just wasn't enough. Some reviewers have said that this foundation is buildable to maybe a medium coverage. I disagree. I thought that I could do a thin coat, let that dry for a few minutes and then do another thin coat. This method did not cover very well and left me feeling like I had a lot of make up on my face. The second layer also started to make it look mask-like which is annoying considering I wasn't even getting great coverage. I also tried to do just one thicker layer rather than two thin layers. That looked fake too. It's like: "you can tell I'm wearing tons of make up but my skin still looks like crap". Frustrating!

- The texture and finish are pretty terrible. I could get over the fact that the coverage is not great if it dried nicely. This wasn't the case. Basically it just sits on top of my face and feels very moist to the touch all day long. The first time after I applied it I waited and waited for it to get dry so I could set it with powder but it never really fully dried. It's so soft and slidey that it built up in my smile lines and on my forehead. On top of that, it rubs off on everything! My phone, my husband, my clothes. I tried all different kind of combinations to get this to work: Primer, no primer. Moisturizer, no moisturizer. Powder, no powder. I tried just one thin layer to see if I was just putting it on too thick, nope same thing.. When wearing this, I was afraid to touch my face at all for fear of messing up my makeup. I also noticed that by the end of the day it was starting to separate into little blotches and dots on my cheeks. I have never experienced this before with a foundation! I guess this is what everyone calls "patchy". I was surprised to hear that people use this for a summer foundation. I really don't like the combination of sunscreen under F&B because it is too moist already and the sunscreen just exaggerates that.

In conclusion...

The best thing I found was to use a combination of colorstay and F&B. However, I found myself using more and more colorstay...so I'd say that if I am going for a more natural, dewy look I could just ditch the F&B and use a little bit more moisturizer and less Colorstay! This product is useless to me :(

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I started using this product 2 weeks ago and I love it, it has a natural finish and is long-lasting. I use C2 or C3 and top with MAC Blot Powder in Medium because all other powders oxidize on my face, and I love the veil it covers the face with. The smell is weird at first, but you get used to it pretty quickly, and so far I haven't experienced problems with stickiness or blending as some other users have- I apply it with 187, stipple and then swirl and it blends beautifully and seamlessly. When not primed, my forehead and nose get shiny on about 4-5 hours(oily T zone), but when I use Prep&Prime primer it stays perfect for over 10 hours, with a very slight sheen on the T zone, without blotting or doing absolutely anything. I love how buildable the coverage is, yet I have fairly clear skins without severe imperfections so I can't tell how it would look on acne for example. Great product for a great price, practical packaging, would definitely buy again.

on 2/25/2011 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This foundation is one of the lightest, loveliest Ive found. I am NW25 in MAC studio fix and use the N3 version of this foundation. It is incredible light, feels like my actual skin and doesnt look heavy, cakey, overdone, or thick. My skin can breathe. I CANNOT stand cakey foundations and I think they make most people look years older than they actually are. My skin is combination- oily in the T zone and very dry everywhere else. My skin is clear and I dont ever get spots so I do understand that if you have alot of blemishes this foundation may not provide enough coverage for you. I like it to just even out my skintone and give a more flawless finish, plus my makeup looks better with a base colour. My only criticism of this product is that it doesnt contain an SPF which means i have to apply another product so I have knocked off a lippie for that. I do like the container and the fact that I only have to apply a teeny amount so it will last for ages. In summary- if your skin is pretty clear, this will give you a beautiful, breathable, flawless look. If you have acne or noticable blemishes, you might want to look for something that provides a heavier coverage. LOVE it :)

on 2/18/2011 4:45:00 PM

For those who need light coverage it's very good, looks quite natural as if you're not wearing make up.
The best is to use concealer in certain areas you want more coverage (for me under eyes and nose area).
On the downside, it does have a strong scent and it's kind of sticky. Packaging is not too sophisticated either, It dries pretty fast so i always end up rushing when I'm applying it.
Nevertheless I haven't noticed any changes in my skin (didn't break me out) and I'm happy with it so far.

I really wanted to like this, but it just did not work out for my skin. It was a bit hard to apply. I found that it dried too fast before I could blend everything. The color match was nice. I got C1. I normally wear NC20. After less than 2 hrs my face looked icky. I could see where some of this was melting off/getting oily and it made my pores more defined. I have combination skin.

I have spent the last month testing this and mufe face and body. i have to say i prefer this. firstly for my nc15-20 skin this in c1 is a far better match. the only thing close to my skin for mufe is shade 20 which is slightly too dark and too beige. this is a perfect match the best i have ever had and just looks like skin..really healthy skin with no imperfections. mufe is slightly more matte (though not a matte foundation by any means) and this just looks more natural to me. i have come to realize that sheer coverage foundations are best for me. i have pretty good skin but you can build this to moderate coverage. i have heard about it going bad but the mac artist told me i should store it in the fridge and it would stay fresh longer so fingers crossed. but i really love it and just think it looks so nice on the skin.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this! I dont have bad acne, but I do have some redness so I wanted something to just even out my skin and I felt like medium-full coverage foundation was making me look cakey. I bought this with the Mac Prep+prime powder and it's perfect. I am not a fan of the "dewey" look, It makes me feel like my face isn't complete, which is why I got the Prep+Prime powder.
This is perfect for my purpose, I hear its good on the neck and legs because it does not transfer to clothes so if you exfoliate your face and neck more and the skin is a little lighter this would be good for evening it out.
And apparently it leaves a nice glow to legs.
Something to think about. I recommend it!

on 1/26/2011 11:28:00 AM

Will last for ages.

Cons
1. Poor coverage, its so light and waterey
2. does not look great on ANYONE

Pro:
1. Use on LEGS instead for a lovely sheen, its the trick for all the MU artists