Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil

Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
Dark Tanning Oil

4.5

Paraffinum Liquidum, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Plumeria Acutifolia, Mangifera Indica, Psidium Guajava, Carica Papaya, Passiflora Incarnata, Colocasia Antiquorum, Aleurites Moluccana, Amyl Acetate, Theobroma Cacao, Persea Gratissima, Aloe Barbadensis, Lanolin, Eucalyptus Globulus, Benzyl Alcohol.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, so I'm cheating on my self-tanner :[ Anyway, I really like this product. I've found that using this and tanning outside is a lot less damaging to my skin then a trip to the tanning bed. My skin is fairly pale naturally but I don't burn easily - for those who DO burn easily, be careful with this product! I started by sitting outside for 20 minutes for the first couple of days and that was just enough to give me color without burning. Every 2 or 3 days I add on another 10 minutes to my time and I haven't burned once. I NEVER use it on my face, I use self-tanner instead. I highly recommend using SPF on your face, you'll regret it later if you don't. I love that this product gives you a nice tanned color instead of that fake brown color you get from a tanning bed. It also does a great job of keeping your skin hydrated, which is great for me because my skin is really dry and prone to that "desert" look. Anyway, as long as you're super careful with this product you'll get great results.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Is this staggeringly expensive all over the world, or only in my country?
Anyway...Assuming money is NO OBJECT..it is HG. As others have mentioned, not for tanning, but for the beautiful smelllllll..... :D
This is Jamaica in a bottle. Of course, I've never BEEN to Jamaica, but one can dream, no? One sniff, and I dream of lush laid-back islands, blue sky, dancing couples. Across the beach, two boys are running around flying a kite. Cricket is big in the W. Indies, so I can also picture some kids playing cricket in the white sand, imagining they're the next Brian Lara or whatever.
I THINK I hear seagulls, but the waves are roaring in the distance, and a bunch of teens are playing bouncy happy music on their stereo, so it all kind of blends together. And the palm trees are rocking in the wind. And my hammock is lulling me to sleep.
Then it stops & I'm back in reality. So I take another whiff...and return.....:) So lovely.

on 7/6/2009 8:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

First of all, I should say that I am NOT a frequent tanner. I live in San Diego but go to school in Oregon so when I come home I have absolutely no color. I used this today when I laid out at about 11:30 (when the sun is pretty much getting at it's most intense). After about 45 minutes, I was noticeably darker and not at all sunburnt! For $7.99 the product leaves a completely even tan. It is an oil so it feels kind of strange to slather it all over your body and even worse when you're sweating in the sun, but it has a decent smell and is very moisturizing (I know, it's an oil, go figure). Always wipe off the bottle after you use it though, because it can get kind of gross if you don't. You should also be careful how long and how often you lay out when you use this because THERE IS NO SPF IN THIS PRODUCT. But, for someone who HATES tanning, with this product I only have to lay out 2-4 times this summer to get a really amazing tan. It's definitely a summer staple for me!

on 6/17/2009 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have only used this once, but from what I can tell it works really well. I used this yesterday and I was only outside for 30 minutes but I can already tell that I got a nice tan from that short amount of time. It smells really good like coconut very nice and summery. The bottle is a bit messy but it is an oil so you kind of expect that. One con that I did find was that if you plan on being outside for a long period of time then you will most likely need to put on some real sunblock on top after being outside a while. It is also good to have a bit of tan built underneath before being outside a long time with this too.

on 6/3/2009 6:57:00 AM

this tanning oil really works! i first tried it on my wrist coz i was afraid it might cause me irritations but then the next day, wow, the area on my wrist was already tanned.. i can really see the difference coz it is uneven, plus for that day it doesnt cause me any bad issues until now.. and the smell is really good but it doesnt lasts long which is good for me coz i dont want it to clash on my perfume.. if you really want to have a dark tanning this is the one.. overall, this is really effective and see result for short period of time.. so glad i bought this, im nicely tanned now..
edited-6/8
this oil lasts a week for me for just one application so no need to reapply every single day.. love it ♥♥

Does its job as tanning me quicker, super moisturizing which I love! The scent does not last on me at all. Maybe I have an old bottle or something?

on 5/28/2009 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

hawaiian tropic tanning oil is every dark girl's summer staple <3

whenever I go to buy this, it means summer is here and my tanning days are begining =]

I am a latina with olive/tan skin naturally. in the summer of course I get even darker. but this magic bottle helps a lot!

this oil feels so moisturizing, smooth, and gives you a sexy brazilian body in the sun..my boyfriend lovesss when I wear this ;o]

the scent is my favorite part, it reminds me of a mix between a bahama vacation, laying in the sand with a tropical drink and a sexy bikini. and being in the indoor tanning salon using tropical lotions...[I love both]

this oil sets into my skin after a while giving me a sexy sheen. my legs look amazing, and it adds a small tint of brown/tan. and I love the lingering scent it leaves behind, it lasts until you shower, to me its not overpowering at all. I would wear it as perfume if I could =]

overall, this is my favorite summer cosmetic, I use it a couple times a week if not everyday, I highly suggest it to girls of color..[with a tan or darker] im not sure if it would be good far pale girls they might burn. I woulsd give it a try, the price is incredibly cheap and lasts all summer <3

xox

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Smells so yummy and gives me a dark tan outdoors! It makes me feel and look so sexy too:). Def. a summer staple.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

great for achieving that amazing summer tan. i haven't used it recently but i love this. the smell is divine. it can get a bit messy though. the only reason i took off one lippie is because there's no SPF, especially with the whole skin cancer thing. but i'll use it anyway ;P

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Coconut sunscreen-y smell. Moisturizes nicely, though I wouldn't use it as a moisturizer when not tanning or out at the beach. I didn't really find that it made me tan any faster, but it did make my tan nice and even, made my tan last longer, and my skin never peels when using this. I like the nice sheen it gives, so I use it on my decollete area, but the downside to that is that my hair then sticks to it. Still a very good, basic tanning oil. It can get a bit thick, but warm it in your hands a little before putting it on if it does happen.

Popular Body Skincare Products