Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil

Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
Dark Tanning Oil

4.5

Paraffinum Liquidum, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Plumeria Acutifolia, Mangifera Indica, Psidium Guajava, Carica Papaya, Passiflora Incarnata, Colocasia Antiquorum, Aleurites Moluccana, Amyl Acetate, Theobroma Cacao, Persea Gratissima, Aloe Barbadensis, Lanolin, Eucalyptus Globulus, Benzyl Alcohol.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Wow this smells so good and beachy I put some on and went tanning today for about 40 minutes it was a mildly sunny day but with plenty of breeze and definitely got browner. I had gone to Mexico for a month and was beginning to lose my tan, and I had to run out and buy this. If you use as a moisturizer use sparingly becaue it's greasy I went to the bookstore and left embarassing oil streaks all over the leather seasts!

on 3/5/2007 6:29:00 PM

This is a very good product . I used it when i went swimming or whenever i needed to get a tan and it worked wonderfully!

on 12/7/2006 11:32:00 PM

I bought a huge bottle of this on sale during summer and though I don't use it for tanning, I love using it as a heavy duty moisturizer in the winter. It's also really soothing after shaving. I actually like putting few drops of this in the palm of my hand adding my regular lotion to it (given that the scents complement each other very well or the lotion is fragrance free) and mixing them together. That way it spreads easier and is not as oily as used straight from the bottle. The scent is also not as strong if you happen not to be a fan of it. It gives my body great sheen and really revives dry, flaky winter skin. Great tropical scent, great natural ingredients and great price! What more could you ask for?

on 8/13/2006 10:47:00 PM

I'm not sure if it actually accelerates my tan since it's not that hard for me to get dark anyway, but I do love using this under the sun. Becuase of the oil texture, it adds a lot of shine to my skin and enhances my tan. Also it noticeably nourishes and softens my skin. I'm not crazy for coconut scent but I think the fragrance of this is quite pleasant. Overall a great product.

on 6/19/2006 10:42:00 PM

I have fair skin and always tend to burn so tanning sometimes presents a challenge...I bought the HT Dark Tanning Oil and I love the smell! It's moisturizing as well...I try not to be in the sun too much because it's so harmful but when I do go in the sun, this is what I use!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is awful if you actually try to use it as a tanning accelerator.

Mineral oil is the worst for actually trying to achieve a good tan, because it actually does not allow your skin to be receptive of UV rays.

If you want a good tanning lotion that is "tanner safe", look for some Australian Gold or Carribean Attitude products, they are affordable, and have the necessary ingredients for you to achieve a good tan (aloe based, rather than mineral oil based).

PSA: Please DO NOT use this on tanning beds, the mineral oil in it will DESTROY acrylics, which are very expensive to replace. continued >>

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What a coinkydink! I was just thinking about picking up a bottle of this when I hit the d/s today because although I no longer tan, I have had this product in my home ever since I was a child and love, love, love the fragrance and I too use it to seal in moisture after my shower, as a fragrance and in my hair. Both my husband and I have dry scalp and a couple of drops massaged in right after washing our hair does the trick.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am in love with this product! I can't say enough about the wonderful ingredients (take a look for yourself!) that are packed into this dyn-o-mite product! Although I am NOT a sunworshipper (I prefer not to kill myself slowly), I do use it as an after shower moisturizer! Sometimes all over, and sometimes just on my elbows, knees, and heels! The scent is faintly "coconuty" (very soothing... it really does take you away!) When I do like to add color to my skin via a self-tanner, the DHA's in those products have a tendency to dry my skin out. After the color develops, I slather this on and I look golden-goddessy! I always have this product on hand as an all-season remedy to get that silky look of gorgeous skin!

on 4/11/2006 9:09:00 AM

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon for this product too! This was a staple of mine back in my high school days, laying out in the backyard w/a pair of headphones on for hours. Today, at age 36, you won't catch me slathering oil on and baking in the hot sun, but I have been using this for a week as an after-shower moisturizer. I would have never thought to buy and use this for that purpose had it not been for the MUA reviews. It works fabulously, hydrating my skin and making it silky soft. I'm a huge coconut fan, so the tropical beachy, coconut scent is heaven in a bottle to me. I will definitely always keep a bottle of this in my shower.

on 3/24/2006 2:30:00 PM

As a moisturizer, I love this! Obviously I don't use it to bake myself, but I do use it in the shower as a body oil before toweling off. It's so great! Especially on itchy pregnant bellies. After it all soaks in, I put sunscreen on any exposed skin so as not to fry. I will ALWAYS have this in my shower! =)

Popular Body Skincare Products