Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.7

on 10/6/2004 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have been using this powder for over 3 years now, and I love it. It makes my face look great and that wet feeling that it gives you like if your face is getting moisture. Everyone always says my sink looks great when I have it on. It cost 50Cdn. But It's worth it.

on 9/30/2004 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just simply love this stuff. It goes on cool and feels wet. It adds a definite brillance and finish to my face. It has a way of playing with light, and creates a magical sparkle, depending on how the light is reflecting of your face.
A must have and a staple, I can't live without!

on 9/18/2004 11:30:00 PM

I always love a dewy look from any makeup I wear. (in fact I hate matte foundations) However, after trying "MAGIC", I was disappointed. I know that a lot of you really like it but I have to disagree. Instead of looking luminous, your skin looks glittery.

I found that this powder is just a very finely milled glittery powder. Sure, the cooling sensation is something new but you can get the same effect from Physician Formula Aqua Powder for less than $CDN 8.00. (yes, now you wonder if the formulation is really a state-of-the-art)

The kind of dewiness I love is from having an appearance of glowing skin. (for example, the finish you get from EL So Ingenious or MAC Studio Tech) But this powder only gives you a glittered face. Anyway, for $ CDN 47, I expect more from you, Prescriptives!

This is now my HG powder. I am on my 2nd one already in only 3 1/2 months. I use it everyday and always get compliments on how pretty I look. It gives a beautiful soft glow to the skin that looks like you are lite from within. I even got my sister and mom hooked on this stuff. It also feels great when you put it on. A nice cool feeling. Anyone with dry skin will love this powder!

on 6/27/2004 12:27:00 PM

I have really grown to love Magic Liquid Powder. It adds a soft glow to the face without being sparkly or too pink. In the container, it is a translucent, flesh tone with a bit of pink iridescence. On the skin, it's translucent with just a hint of iridescence. It's definitely not sparkly.

I thought that this would be an actual "liquid" but it's more of a finely milled, soft, flowing powder. It feels cool to the skin when applied with a brush but the cooling sensation only lasts for a few seconds.

This is a great alternative to other loose powders because they can look chalky, while this one doesn't look chalky at all.

Good for any skin type but oily skin types may want to be careful - I don't see this powder absorbing much oil on the face. continued >>

on 6/11/2004 9:22:00 PM

I will never be without this product, and I'll never try another powder. I have this powder in the compact, the full size, and two in the smaller size. When I first put it on, I didn't get it, it just seemed white. I then looked again about 10 minutes later, and I couldn't believe how I looked. Just LUMINOUS. This stuff is MAGIC. I love the way it feels when it goes on, I love the way I look when I wear it, and I love that I can't put too much on. No matter how much you apply, unlike regular powders, you simply can't put on too much. Within minutes it simply morphs into your skin--for a flawless finish.

I really like this powder. It has a bit of a shimmer but still looks nice on oily skin like mine. I also really liked the yellow one that reduces redness. I've never seen anything like that. I love the way it feels when you put it on. It feels like your brush is damp.

My sister gave me this powder because she said it was too light for her tanned skin and I was hooked! The powder is light & has a nice cooling effect. It also tames the oil in my t-zone and doesn't make my face look shiny. My face glows when I wear this! I use this with Presciptives Vibrant lotion for an added glow!
At first, I didn't like using the brush that comes with it b/c it's small and sometimes it can scratch your face if you are not careful. I plan to buy a kabuki brush soon! This is a new staple in my morning mu ritual.

After hearing all the rave about this magical loose powder, I went out and bought one. I really like that it makes your skin feels like you're spraying water onto your face (I really don't know how to describe it, but that's the special feature of this product), but it's not a great loose powder. It's too cakey and made me skin looks too white.

on 4/10/2004 7:27:00 PM

Cant decide whether I like this in powder or cream/potion?!

I wore the powder form for a while, and it only seems to be noticeable duriing a night out. It keeps me matte, and when I'm in the light, you see subtle shimmery skin. However, with the potion/cream compact I see a difference even in the day! The shimmery glowy effect is present from the moment I put it on. It does make my face look absolutely flawless!! But it gets oily at the end of the day and I feel like I'm always applying too much product.
ANYTHING from the MAGIC line is wonderful. I have near flawless skin, and I use Magic as a makeup base. I find it softens my skin tone and it looks dewy.