benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.8

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I really like this foundation, especially the one-shade-fits-all idea ~ as it's hard for me to order a shade online that works. I don't like heavy make up at all so this one works well for me. It's light, sheer, and makes your skin feel super soft. The packaging is really adorable as well. I don't care for the sponge, so like another reviewer said, I use a make up brush instead. It's easy to apply, a bit buildable, but you certainly cannot go overboard with this one. After I apply it I use a light dusting of powder to set it. It lasts longer for me that way. The 28 dollar price tag is a bit high for me, but I am searching for the perfect foundation ~ still looking, but this one is a definite fave in the meantime.

on 11/5/2007 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the best product ever for no-makeup weekends! It covers tiny imperfections perfectly, and I love that I can just sweep some on and run out the door without worrying about foundation and concealer. I have light skin with pink undertones and it works well for me. It is a bit expensive for the size, but I only use it a few days a week so it will last.

UPDATE: I have used this product maybe 6 times and this past weekend I saw the bottom of the pan. That is unacceptable for $26. I only used a light layer each time as well. 2 points off and I won't be buying this again.

on 10/17/2007 10:24:00 AM

Came across it when my friend show me this cute little thing. I immediately bought one the following week. Downside of the product is the price, the useless sponge that come with it and it does not control excess oil. Bright Side: It is totally EASY TO APPLY. I would use my finger to apply on "red" area on my face to tone down. Giving me a rosy cheek in a process. I don't use too much... So I guess it can last me a long long time.Though I have an Combo/Sensitive skin, It does not give me any breakout. Since it's "cream to powder" it does not make my skin dry. Usually I would apply powder to the T-Zone on top of it to control the shine. People are coming to me saying, "Your skin is better. What have you eaten/What have you apply?" 100% will repurchase.

on 10/7/2007 1:28:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I just can't seem to handle liquid foundations that come in a bottle and I definitely have no patience for mineral makeup. I just prefer everything nice and tidy and packaged in a compact. That being said, my usual preference for [pressed] powder foundation wasn't working as the weather's been turning cooler (and drier), so I turned to cream-to-powder formulas for this winter. Enter Some Kind-A Gorgeous. On my NC 30/35 Asian skintone, the color blends right in and the formula doesn't feel heavy on my normal/combo skin. For anyone else who considers themselves a middle-of-the-road medium tone, this should also be a great shade for you. I apply using a foundation brush (very natural this way!) and add a light dusting of loose powder to help set everything and tone down shine. However even w/o blotting my skin looks "glowy" at worst. It also lasts all day when I wear over a primer. Some of the negatives? Well, if you're a PPP or LLL, I can totally see this looking too dark and turning orange-y. Conversely, if you have a moderate tan, this may end up too light for you. Also, if you're skin is more combo-oily, this will probably feel greasy to you (as it is I know this will NOT work for me in the summer). Lastly, the packaging could use improvement. Sure it's cute and shaped like a record, but it's also made out of white plastic that looks tacky and cheap. Also, the hinge doesn't seem very secure and I can see this cracking or breaking easily if you carry it around in your purse. Fortunately, none of the negatives apply to me personally, so I am happy w/ this product and would definitely repurchase. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this product. On my NC35 (for reference), it matches perfectly. I have oily skin (but I skip the moisturizer during the day and I wear a oil free sunblock) and it wears beautifully. It covers any redness that I have (especially around the bottom of my nose) and just leaves my skin looking flawless and natural. And a little goes a long way here, you don't have to glop it on to get even coverage. I think that the name and the packaging is cute too.
Another winner from BeneFit for me!

on 5/26/2007 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation-faker received a lot of advertising in magazines here and I was really curious to find out how a single-shade foundation can suit all. Least to say, I am amazed at the result of this wonderful cream-to-powder concoction which evens my skintone and makes my face glow. I bought it together with the "10" blusher cum bronzer and when I use them together, I only need one word to describe how i look -radiant! Definitely will buy this again, I've always used to use tinted moisturiser as I like a more natural less covered up look on a daily basis. And this works perfectly!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to love this stuff but it failed to meet my expectations. Feels silky smooth going on but didn't do a thing for my skin. However, the cute packaging did make me want to break out my record collection!

Oily skinned ladies beware with this!! I am combo skin, some dry patches and oily t-zone, but a lot more oily with the super hot weather/summer. Firstly this is really oily, and goes on oily. I was shiny rather than 'glowy' after 20 mins, and thats with just watching tv at home- i dread to think the effect of running around on tubes/university/work all day! I then put some powder on over the top, a sheer loose one, with i never use as i hate the very matte look and powdery look. But i had to cus nothing else was guna keep the shine at bay! After a few hours in the sun, i looked cakey and 'made up'- not the look i was going for with a 'foundation faker'! It also got all over my phone when i used my mobile phone. Im light-meduim complexion and the shade was great, really blended in well but overall im sure there are tons better TM's out there then this crap- lancome aqua fusion is great!

on 3/3/2007 11:17:00 PM

OK I get why this is called "foundation faker" b/c this does absolutely NOTHING that a foundation should do. 1) it looks oily and 2) it doesn't cover anything! and i mean NOTHING. I have OK skin - doesn't need a lot of coverage but using this made me break out into little bumps and it covered nothing. Also i have DRY/COMBO skin at that! Debating whether or not just to toss this into the garbage! However I do think the packaging is cute despite what some may say. There is a MUCH better d/s product by JANE (cream to powder foundation) works excellent and actually COVERS! and at only $5 it's 1/6 of the price for THIS benefit crap!

This foundation is exactly what i've been looking for. It evens the skin tone, feels wonderful and light and breathable, not greasy.