MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.4

After trying countless foundations, MAC Studio Fix Fluid was the one that finally stuck. I've used it for a very long time and have never had any issues with breakouts, too much oiliness or too much dryness etc.
A mistake that I did used to make with this foundation is applying too much of it. You actually don't need much at all as a small amount will spread over a decent area of your face (depending on how much coverage you wan't of course). Personally I find that using concealer to cover any discolouration or pimples and just a very thin layer of the Studio Fix is enough to give me a flawless finish.
As a finish I often use the MAC mineralize skinfinish because it works great to set Studio Fix and is very light coverage so never looks cakey.

Depending on how much coverage you want (and each to their own of course) I would STRONGLY recommend against teaming the Studio Fix Fluid up with the Studio Fix powder as the powder is a really heavy coverage and looks far too cakey with the liquid equivalent and your skin will look extremely dull. You won't glow at all. But once again - each to their own. Everyone has different skin and personal preference.

I do purchase this foundation in Australia and MAC is very expensive here so I pay I believe $56, but as I mentioned previously you only really need to apply a small amount at a time so the product does tend to last.
The packaging is really standard - works well for what it is of course! But I do think that MAC should supply the pump heads instead of needing to be bought separately.

OBSESSION <3

I have tried other foundations, powders, etc...
But I always come back. MAC does not break me out, does not dry me out, and looks flawless. Love this stuff! My mother has worn their stuff since I can remember, and I am happily following in her footsteps. GREAT STUFF!

This is the best foundation for a night out where you want to look flawless in photos. I used to use MUFE hd instead because it doesnt contain SPF, and i was skeptical of the fix fluid since it does contain SPF. I am an nc35 and in flash photography I didnt get a white cast over my face! It creates a medium- more towards full coverage that perfects your complexion. I would recommend purchasing a pump.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this foundation been using for 4years never had a problem love the shade the coverage is great the way it blends is amazing you do need to re-do your Makeup after a few hours for it's not long lasting but never had a problem with it a must have!

So I usually don't write positive reviews (because I never really have a reason to) but this is my HG foundation. I talked to a consultant about what foundation I should use since I have oily skin & I live in weather-crazy Texas. She suggested this so I tried it. I absolutely love it. It's not heavy at all, I forget I have it on! I apply it with a sigma F60 brush & then buff it out with a sigma F80 brush, it gives me this almost airbrushed look. I like that it has buildable coverage without looking caked on. A little goes a long way with this foundation! It lasts me a good 8-10 hours with only one touch up in the hottest part of the day. My only issue with it is that it doesn't come with a pump (so buy one!)

I bought this product a few years ago and absolutely loved it so I have been buying it ever since!

Although it is a very costly product it is well worth the investment. The foundation is very creamy but does not feel heavy on your skin. It is one of the only products that does not make me break out even though it comes across as one that would however this obviously depends on your skin type as everyone is different.

When you put the foundation on it has one of the highest coverage I have ever used even if it states that it only has a medium coverage. Not only does it have a high coverage but when you use it, it does not turn your skin orange like a lot of other foundations.

The foundation color that I bought was NC15 which is best for pale people with yellow undertones where as NW15 is perfect for pale people with pink undertones however because I have neutral skin which means I have pink and yellow undertones in my skin I bought the NC15 as a base and then I put a bit of NW15 studio fix powder on top. I was a bit unsure whether to use the powder at first because sometimes powder can look cakey however this actually makes my skin look 50 times more flawless and less shiny since it takes the shininess away from the liquid foundation.

You can put loads of this liquid foundation on and it just won't look cakey or orange which is why I recommend it to anyone. Obviously you can still notice a few spots through it sometimes however if you pat the foundation over the spot rather than rubbing it in then it will cover it a lot better and also powder will help to keep it covered.

I mostly recommend this to people with a lot of blackheads since they are unnoticeable under this liquid foundation.

Brilliant!

Ever since I started using this foundation, I find it hard to use anything else. I would say I have normal to oily skin. Yes, I do set this foundation with my Studio Fix Powder but even so, this foundation lasts forever and doesn't crack or look cakey. I've also never had so many people ask what I'm wearing or tell me my skin looks like porcelain. I've heard a lot of people say it's too heavy for them, but I honestly don't think it is. The coverage is medium to full and very build-able. And I think you get a lot of product, especially for the price. Some might think the price is steep, but compare it to other high end brands, and you'll change your mind. Also, I've had mine for 2 plus months and I haven't even used past the top screw part of the bottle. The only reason I gave the packaging a 4 out of 5 is because you have to buy the pump separately. Oh! Another thing..the smell. I personally love the way it smells. It also has to do with the fact that it reminds me of my first time using a MAC foundation and how happy I was with the product. Anyways, I've noticed that Estee Lauders Double Wear Foundation smells exactly the same. Weird, because EL owns MAC. Hmm....
Last but not least, yes, I would buy this over and over again. It's my absolute favorite and nothing has compared to it. I even got my mom addicted to it, and if you knew her, that's really saying something, because she never spoils herself, but that's the one thing she has to have.

This foundation has to be known. I mean, at first I bought it this winter when I was dealing with skin problems due to hormonal problems, and it was simply a medium-full coverage foundation, sometimes even too heavy. 2/3 weeks later I discovered that you have to try on your skin this product to understand the perfect amount to use, the right way to apply it etc. Everyone is different, I think that there's not a universal correct use, you have to learn what is best for you.
Anyway, now my skin problems are quite solved, and if in the first weeks I was using 3 pumps of foundation I soon learned that only 1 and half, correctly apply, was enough. I love it, even if now that is summer (in Italy is very hot) I often tend to use something lighter.
I wouldn't recommend this to a dry skin, and also not for those who are really oily (I believe). It lasts pretty well, specially with powder (I use the Stay Matte). The smell I don't mind it, I never noticed something really strange, specially few minutes after the application.
For those who are complaining about the color and the finish I can only say that one of the best thing at MAC is that you can get samples to try few days at home what you're gonna buy. Too yellow/orange? Don't use the NC but the NW. I absolutely suggest everybody to try samples at home before buying something expensive.
Oh, I'm very fair, and NC15 is really perfect for me!

My faaaav Mac foundation. I've tried Pro Longwear as well as Studio Fix(the regular one) and this one is the best for sensitive skin because it's not as thick as Pro Longwear but still covers really, REALLY well. You can also mix this with other foundations to create a custom shade and it doesn't get progressively oily throughout the day. The only thing is I wish it came with a pump but you can buy one separately. It's also not too expensive!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This is the best foundation if a medium to heavy coverage is what you're after without looking really matte. It has great coverage without looking chalky and it doesn't drag either. Have repurchased well over 4 times and I'm somewhere in between NC25 and NC30 which are both cool toned (yellowy). Also much better if you buy the pump, makes for easier application. Lasts all day and actually gets better as the day goes on in my case. Great foundation, can definitely see why it's a product the professionals use.