L'Oreal Paris Feria Starry Night

L'Oreal Paris Feria Starry Night

3.0

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

LOVE THIS COLOR!! This is my absolute favorite. I've been using it for years, I love the rich black and blue color it gives my hair, it smells wonderful, and leaves my hair so soft and shiny, it's the only dye I've found that actually IMPROVES the condition of my hair. I LOVE the blue glow. It's totally worth paying a little extra than the other box dye. I've been coloring for 15 years, and I always go back to this brand and color. I don't have a big problem with staining with this one either, unlike others that stain EVERYTHING, I don't have to scrub my tub after I rinse out this one. I highly reccomend this one, I don't understand all the negative reviews on this product. The color comes out EXACTLY as it looks on the box, and it last about 6 weeks. Perfect for me!

This product is not worth the money!!..At first, you will see immediate results. The color will appear very bright, black and shiny. Unfortunately it doesn't tell you that the color will Wash out after only 2 WASHES!!..Any permanent hair dye should last at least 6 months to a year, with you only having to touch up your roots..I know this because I've tried less expensive black hair dyes and the color NEVER faded..Im very disappointed in this product, and it's definitely not worth the money spent. I DO NOT recommend that you buy this product if you are looking for a permanent black color that will last..

I have naturally dark brown hair with some lighter brown highlights; I have dyed my hair black before, but that was a while ago. Once I started thinking about it again, I looked to this brand because I've read some decent reviews. I was really shocked by the negative reviews I saw here, and apprehensive to try the product, but I went for it. The result...

FANTASTIC! It was easy to apply, though the excessive blue tint of the dye made me extremely nervous; I was not looking for very much "blue" in my black; just a deep, rich, cool black with blue-ish undertones. My result is exactly that. In addition to the excellent color, it made my hair feel very silky and healthy, with plenty of beautiful shine. I now have that dramatic midnight black hair I was aiming for.

on 1/15/2012 1:08:00 AM

I had medium brown hair... I bought this product wanting to spice up my hair. At first it was navy but after a few washes it turned more black... Now a month later it's faded to almost a grey looking. GREY! I'm only 19! My hair is grey. I'm disappointed. Usually Feria is the brand I always go to because the colour is so vibrant and multidemensional,but this navy to black to dark grey has me questioning Feria...
JPS

on 11/29/2011 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I wrote a review for this previously, but instead of updating it, I feel the need to start all over.
First of all, this color is indeed bright blue. Not bright black, like they claim, but bright blue. Also, it faded after 2, count 'em, 2 shampoos. 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am now forced to re-color my hair (obviously with a different brand) a week after using this. I call bullshit on Feria. This is the single worst hair color I have ever used, and I've used 'em all!
The last time I had black hair, I dyed it once and it lasted for an entire year. I only had to touch up my roots, monthly. So the fact that this crap only lasts through a couple of shampoos just boggles my mind!

Ok. Every last one of you complaining about this product because it turned your hair blue, you are an idiot. When you go outside at night the sky is a gorgeous shade of navy BLUE. Yes, the sky is dark but it is never black unless the moon and stars are not shining! And the name of this product is STARRY NIGHT! THINK! this product does what it is supposed to do. It gave you a dark blue that you picked up, read the box, and then bought. If you are going to complain about something, don't make yourself look like an idiot in the process. Have a good day wallowing in your own stupidity.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I have black hair naturally but I wanted it to be super jet black and shiny. This product made my hair look lighter than it was to begin with, and it only lasted two washes! I wouldn't have even minded if it looked blue black but it didn't, it looked more brown at the roots. And there wasn't any shine added either.
I would not recommend this product to anyone.

on 4/21/2011 12:53:00 PM

It covers good for about a week then boomb it is washed out faded blah.

I will say why I won't buy this again,this color is way too harsh to be sold period!!
not to mention it fried my hair to a crisp.my hair has never been the same since I colored it, it has been breaking off and falling out.I have half the hair I did have.It is the color I don't want to hear it is medical, this happened after useing it, my hair was fine before very pretty I had wondeful hair now I don't.
And also haircolor in the drugstore is not the same as salon color.

on 3/26/2011 10:06:00 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS PRODUCT WILL TURN YOUR HAIR BLUE IF YOUR HAIR COLOR IS BLONDE OR ESPECIALLY LIGHT. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOU SHOULD NOT USE THIS IF YOU WANT STRAIGHT BLACK, THE TITLE IS MISLEADING.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, now that I've got that little warning, I can get onto my review guilt-free, without worrying about misleading anyone due to the high marks I have given this product.

If you are looking for a rich blue, don't bother poking around specialty stores for Manic Panic or Special FX, this little easy-to-find drug store gem is a definite keeper for those in the alternative crowd. The color is super-rich and deep while also being very brightly and definably blue-indigo. Hell yes!

Unlike other reviewers, I actually quite dig having my hair unnatural colors and had been looking for a rich, stalwart royal blue or indigo to compliment my orange mohawk. Originally, I had used a Manic Panic's Midnight Blue and Special FX's Napalm Orange.

The orange came out great but the blue turned out a bit flat and dull. A few days later, the orange continued to shine while midnight blue betrayed me and like a fiendish chameleon, waned to an evn flatter gray-green. I redyed it but was disappointed by fading/flatness again. Midnight Blue just must be a bum color in Manic Panic's otherwise stellar line.

Anyway, I didn't want to make the trip to the specialty store to get a different blue dye so I resigned to covering the gray-green with a simple black from the nearby Wal-Greens. Black and orange would look rad together, I thought.

I selected this at random and applied it, expecting black for obvious reasons. Well, imagine how surprised I was when I rinsed my hair out and behold! Starry Night was shade of blue I'd been wanting all along.This is what you would expect from something labeled Midnight Blue!

So yeah, I could see how some ladies would be really pissed if they were stuck with unexpected blue hair but it's perfect for me.

As for it damaging hair? I don't know. My hair is pretty hardy, so I'm not the right person to ask. I also avoid having the stained-towel issue by having a set of old towels for drying my hair post-dye process. Seems like common sense to me, but eh.

In conclusion, this is bad if you're a blondie going raven but a Godsend if you're thinking about risking blue.
FYI: As with all alternative colors, you must bleach your hair pale blonde to get the full-effect, my (now ex) boyfriend used this dye with his brown hair and it simply looked very black.

If you have light hair avoid this dye like the plague!!!! Turns your hair blue!!