AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

Daily Moisturizing Body LotionAmlactin MeDaily Moisturizing Body Lotion

4.3

on 5/28/2006 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My skin is not terribly sensitive, but i was using this twice a day, and while my KP was clearing up, i noticed that my skin texture became horrible.... it was like i had a rash, but without the itching or burning or redness.

i've gone to cetaphil lotion on my arms, twice a day, and have seen noticeable improvement in my KP and my skin texture.

i may try using this sparingly to see if my results improve-- i have the giant costco bottle, or i may pass it along to a friend who also has KP to see if he has better luck!

on 8/2/2006 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm sort of undecided on this. I always end up trying this when my skin is super dry. I never peel in humid places, but the moment I travel to a dry climate ... I peel.

Pro: Little fragrance, very moisturizing, available at Costco.

Cons: Greasy, greasy, greasy!
(edited review)

Got major sunburn and this has worked wonders. Lightly exfoliated so I didn't go through massive peeling anywhere. continued >>

Great for use on knees, elbows, and feet, but keep it far away from your face, I learned that the hard way after severe chemical burns!!!

on 11/26/2006 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I only tried this because it was what my dermatologist recommended when I complained about all the hangnails I get. I balked at the price though. It's about $15 a bottle. I tried it when it went on sale. It really works well, and is unscented.

on 1/10/2007 2:17:00 PM

Amlactin was recommended by a friend who is in the skincare/spa business after I asked her what she was using to make her skin look so dewey. She said Amlactin esp because it has 12% lactic acid in in which is a natural product in fruits. I tried it and it is the BEST lotion ive ever used. and yes I use it on my face and its totally fine. The smell isnt great but you can mix it with some better smelling lotion and all is fine. I use it everywhere and my skin really sofe and trust me ive used everything out there. If you dont like the smell which isnt relaly that bad afterall, you can put it on at night and then wake up after it has settled in and shower. anyway, its the only way to shed all those dead layers of skin. Ive used salyacidic aacid stuff and this is way better.

on 2/21/2007 6:23:00 PM

I like the cream version in a tube. Great for cracked heels, thumbs, hands, etc. You only need a small amount. A little bit goes a long way. Walgreens carries it but you may need to ask you pharmacist for it since sometimes I find it behind the counter--no prescription though.

I have tried a lot of lotions, but AmLactin works. It isn't just a sealant of moisture (who has moisture when you have dry skin anyway??). It exfoliates the dry skin and helps your skin turnaround. Use this as a preventative and a solution for dry cracked skin. Love it on my legs too--helps minmize the ingrown hairs and makes celluite look less noticable too.

Love this stuff. A real staple for me.

on 3/17/2007 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this for 3 years on my feet and arms. My feet are as soft as a baby's and I no longer have KP on the back of my arms. I've started using it on my legs too and it helps keep the winter dryness away. I LOVE this stuff and recommend it whenever I can.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I prefer Vaseline Healthy Body Complexion. This stuff feels like past-due tanning lotion to me: runny, tacky, smelly, and doesn't sink into your skin. Everything is sticking to me. Also: expensive.

UPDATE: I'm recanting because it is in fact excellent on KP. Just have to use it at night, as I still feel like I've rubbed something unmentionable all over my body. At least my skin is very smooth when I wake up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my first week on this. I bought it to help with ingrown hairs. For background, I have terrible ingrowns, and I get them even in places where I don't shave (like my arms). I am a picker, so I need to prevent them, otherwise, I pick and make my arms and legs look terrible. So, I've tried several other products most don't do much for me. So far, this is working well. It's a light lotion that goes on easily. I see other people complain about the stickiness, but I don't think it's that bad. At least the sticky feeling doesn't last all day like some other products (I'm talking to you Dove Pro-Age). This has made my skin very soft and smooth. As of this time, I'm reserving judgment on the effect it has on ingrowns. I'll update in a few weeks.
Update: Definitely the best stuff I've tried. I had to go off it for 2 weeks (dont' ask), and I noticed the difference, both in softness and ingrowns. I will definitely keep using this and keep buying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product! I also use this on my face because I have skin that doesn't exfoliate properly and I always get clogged pores that lead to break outs, etc. I used lachydrin for a while, but I think it's only 5% and although it worked pretty well, it wasn't quite strong enough for my skin. This has improved my problem with breakouts drastically, moisturizes very well and has improved the evenness of my skin. It also gives me a little glow because it has exfoliated a lot of the dull old skin that previously wouldn't budge. I love it. I buy it at Costco... a big bottle for about $17. Totally worth it. As an added benefit it works great on the back of my thighs where I also HAD dry bumpy skin. Now it's quite smooth and soft. Softer than it's been in years. I'm very happy!