MAC Cosmetics Frost - Bronze

MAC Cosmetics Frost - Bronze

4.6

on 5/9/2012 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I had been looking for a true bronze for a while before I found this (so many bronze es have reddish tones, especially when blended out a bit). On me this is a warm but not coppery mid-bronze. This is a intense frost, not glittery at all, but very shiny and shimmery. I find a little goes a long way. Quite buildable, or can be applied wet for a very intense look. I often use this wet as a liner.

on 1/16/2012 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Beautiful true bronze colour. Makes my brown eyes look even browner!!

on 1/5/2012 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

If you are looking for the perfect Bronze shade, this is it! True to its name, this is a medium shimmery Bronze. Very warmed toned and with a pretty frost finish. Super pigmented, buildable and stays put all day. Great for a crease color and sexy smokey look. I am giving it a 5 although I find Bronze to be a little too orange, even on my warm toned skin. People compliment me on my eyes when I wear it so it must be nice! Pairs well with All that Glitters, Amber Lights or Wookwinked on the lid.

on 12/27/2011 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow! Its such a great everyday crease color! Pairs well with wood winked!

on 10/18/2011 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has become my staple eyeshadow. Its a lovely shimmery brown shade without being too over powering, so perfect to wear in the day time! I hope they never discontinue this shade!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this eyeshadow so much! It such a nice bronze colour and it stays on all day.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Bronze eyeshadow was my very first MAC purchase :-) and it did not disappoint! It's a true bronze color- there are no copper or gold tones in it. I love this color in the crease with a beige/champagne color on the lid :) it gives a really gorgeous netural look that I've been wearing a lot this summer, will repurchase!<3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

ROP for swatches!!+

I deleted my previous review to rewrite. I have been using this eyeshadow for the past 2 1/2 years and though I sometimes stray I almost always come back to this shade as my go-to bronze. It is a beautiful frosty medium, warm bronze that works wonderfully as a crease shade with a lighter wash or all over the lid with a darker crease for a more dramatic look. It is a very versatile shade that can be worn day or night depending on what you pair it with. The pigmentation is great, with one or two swipes enough for full pigmentation that applies smoothly and evenly. It blends easily (but not too easily) with my trusty 217.

The bronze shade in the WnW Vanity palette is an exact dupe of this shade, but it is less pigmented and smooth and definitely requires more building up. However if you're on a budget the WnW palette will do the trick (I rec buying it mainly for the mattes).

with similar colors

compared to bronze from WnW Vanity
continued >>

on 5/25/2011 1:42:00 AM

Bronze is my go-to brown eye shadow.
- - -
Pros - the name says it all --> a very pretty frosted bronze shade. minimal fallout. long lasting and does not fade. color is universally flattering (I'm fair and it looks great / my suite mate has an olive skin tone and when she uses it it looks great on her too). very pigmented / great color pay off.
- - -
Cons - none.
- - -
Overall - this is my go to brown shadow for when I want to look a little more put together without using a lot of effort. It looks great by itself. The gold undertones really bring out my brown eyes. Not orange undertones (like woodwinked) just medium brown with slight gold. Though this color isn't unique by any means and is definitely dupe-able it is worth owning.

on 5/20/2011 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Such a beautiful eyeshadow! I have tan skin and when I want to do a brown smokey eye (which is almost everyday lol) I always reach for this eyeshadow to use. It has a beautiful shimmer to it, but doesn't fall all over your face when applied. It looks great, blends easily and compliments my skintine.. Will definately continue to purchase.