CHANTECAILLE Talc Free Loose Powder

CHANTECAILLE Talc Free Loose Powder

4.4

I'm 44 and this is the only makeup /skincare product I have ever had a really bad allergic reaction to - with my skin just peeling away all over my face in a very noticeable way which other people commented on :( This happened twice (3 weeks apart) and left my face raw and dry for days. The reason is that the powder has a very well known problem ingredient called 'bismuth oxychloride'. Here's what beautypedia says about the irritation it can cause: "Some people react to bismuth oxychloride due to its unique crystalline structure. What happens is that the crystals can "poke" at skin and get stuck in the pores, where the sharper "spokes" can cause irritation". I can tell you this is truly unpleasant!!!

So I definitely recommend you 'try before you buy' this product - even if (like me) you don't normally react to make up.

Love this powder hate the cheap tin can container. It sets my future skin foundation, without leaving me dried out. I have had zero reaction to this powder. My almost 56 year old skin loves this powder. I had La Mer and Sisley powder that made me look like a ghost and I developed really dried out itchy skin from them. La Prairie powder made me literally get red dry blotches that looked like a sunburn. I have been on this one now for over a week and so far so good. Also love the shade named subtle. Just wish the container was better. Made a mess in my makeup bag.