Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

on 8/4/2002 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had high hopes for this product, since it's a Cetaphil skincare product. It was disappointing. The smell was horribly strong, like the smell of laundry detergent. It left my skin uncomfortable and unbalanced. After a week of daily use, I had patches of redness and irritation. Ick! Sage's Facial Shampoo Regular is much better and non-irritating.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This leaves my skin clean and not tight when i towel off my face. It's gentle and have had no problems with my complexion. i also like that a like that a little goes a long way, and i only need to buy it every 3 to 6 months or so.,

on 8/12/2002 11:12:00 PM

Almost the perfect cleanser. Takes all of my makeup off and leaves my skin feeling great. If it just didn't have that old-lady smell! If it were either fragrance-free or had a different scent, this would be my one and only cleanser.

on 10/13/2002 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After hearing some good things about this, I decided to try it. What a waste of money! I really wanted to like it and tried it for a few months. It smells really really gross, kind of medicinal and sweet at the same time. I never felt it cleaned my face well enough and sometimes it left a layer of residue. The worst part was that it made me break out! I usually have only a few zits, so this really bothered me. I eliminated different things and it turned out to be this horrible stuff! I am still trying to clear up the damage this junk did. Do not buy it! I wish I could give it a negative score! I like my oil of olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin sooo much better!

on 10/14/2002 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I didn't like this product at all. It didn't remove all of my makeup and left my skin greasy. It contains mineral oil, which I find quite ironic.

on 11/13/2002 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I did not like this cleanser at all! Ironically, the oily skin formulation made my skin so greasy I have since gone back to the Cetaphil for dry skin, which is much better! This one left my skin very out of balance, like a previous reviewer said, and it made me break out in very painful pimples. This one was a no go for me!

on 11/21/2002 4:48:00 PM

My all-time favorite cleanser. I rarely breakout, but I have noticed that I breakout even less when I use this. It isn't the greatest make-up remover ever made, but it works fine for me. I think it smells nice too. Also, it is so cheap!

on 11/27/2002 1:02:00 AM

This cleanser makes up break out! Wow.... I don't see a reason for me to buy this again! It smells odd, it doesn't make me feel fresh and clean. It doesn't even remove my make up effectively. Although it is inexpensive, however, why bother?

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this cleanser alot. However, I can't decide whether I like this one or the gentle skin cleanser better. I like that it has a pump dispenser. I also get a cleaner feeling from this one as opposed to the gentle skin cleanser. Some people don't like the fragrance, but I really don't mind it.

on 12/8/2002 2:51:00 AM

Excellent cleanser for normal to oily skin -- cleans thoroughly without drying the skin out *and* it removes all but the most waterproof of makeup. The only complaint I have is that I would prefer it to be unscented .. or at least without the odd scent that's a cross between baby shampoo and the medicine cabinet. Other than that, great all around.