MAC Cosmetics Cream Color Base - Pearl

Filtered by skin type : Normal
MAC Cosmetics Cream Color Base - Pearl
Cream Color Base - PearlCream Color Base - PearlCream Color Base - Pearl

4.3

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia chinesis (Jojoba) seed oil, Synthetic beeswax, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Silica, Jojoba esters, Copernica cerifera (Carnauba) waz/ Cera carnauba/ Cire de carnauba, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/hexadecene copolymer, Stearic acid, [ /- Mica, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue I lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470). Chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), Ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Red 28 lake (CI 45410), Red 30 lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 lake (CI 47005)]

on 12/1/2010 10:21:00 AM

I have this blush in Luna which is bright white, I use it as a brow, inner corner, and above the blush line highlighter. I really really like this product i only gave it a 4/5 because it gets dirty quickly because I can't find a synthetic brush MAC offers that can do all my highlighting needs so I use my fingers (which I hate). It goes on sheer, but you can build it up so it can be intense (for bar kinda looks) and slightly illuminates for a daytime look. I use it everyday and it feels so nice, Would repurchase again. Especially if I could find a brush from MAC...

on 1/8/2010 4:30:00 PM

Love this stuff! It's my favorite highlighter. I much prefer it to Nars' Albatross because of the texture. Since this is a cream, it provides a more natural-looking "lit from within" glow. Albatross is a more golden powder that tends to just sit on my cheeks and look frosty, magnifying my pores.

This really is a gorgeous product and gives you instant cheekbones. I've been wearing it every day and it really makes me look more healthy. I want to give it a hug. :)

*** WARNING: Do not use this product as an eyeshadow base, or really even on your eye lids at all - it will crease. Use only as a brow bone highlight or inner corner highlight. ***

I LOVE this cream colour base. I am the hugest fan of highlighters and this is the best I have come across! It is so smooth, lasts ALL day and looks really pretty on cheekbones.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

So this came up in a swap, so I decided to get it a bit ago as a shadow base. I use it over UDPP and wasn't noticing anything amazing really until I absentmindedly forgot to put it on before my shadows yesterday and really realized what it does. It's amazing. Half of my mac shadows barely showed up, and weren't nearly as smooth as I'm used to by now as usual. I was going crazy until I figured out what was wrong. By itself it creases but if you put shadow on top of it the shadow stays put, and goes on much more smoothly and vibrantly than without. So, in short- you don't know a good thing till its gone. Price wise, its decent considering how much product you get. The packaging is fine, I just wish it wasn't quite so bulky....

on 6/30/2008 6:48:00 AM

I bought this as a recommendation for a shadow base. As a shadow base, it is a bit light and shimmery (kind of a yellowish pearly shimmer. You'd think PEARL would mean white or off white, but this is definitely yellowish.) It is a bit greasy, as are all the Cream Colour Bases. In fact, I don't think I've ever liked any of these.

As a highlighter, it is decent--a light touch makes a nice sheen on cheekbone, nose, etc. There is a lot in the package. It doesn't show up on eyes, however, for a cream shadow.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I can't wear this as a blush cause its too light. When it use it as a face highlight it takes a lot of blending with my finger, which is unsanitary. It then leaves a weird looking patch since it erases my blush that was previously there. It creases on my eyelid, but its a nice brow bone highlight. Save your money and just buy some vanilla pigment.

Ok...this CCB did not work for me! I have never tried it before and did as I was told by the MAC MA, she said to put a thin layer on your eye lids as a base for e/s, but be sure it is a thin layer or it will crease...put it on cheeks to help powder blush "stick", and on lips to help l/s stay...overall it's suppose to give me this pretty pearly look...Well, did as told and e/s creases by midday, blush was gone by afternoon, and forget about the lips! This MAC item totally stinks! I have better results with MAC paint as e/s base it never creases and wears all day, NARS blush wears all day/night. Just for referrence I have normal skin, not oily and not prone to acne, and this still did not work for me...up for swap it goes!!

I read my dear Victoria Beckham uses this as a highlight for her browbone and cheekbones so I added this to my wishlist. Thankfully a lovely MUAer sent it to me as an unexpected extra! And I love it! I like mixing it with Strobe Cream on my cheeks and as a wash on my eyes. It gives me a nice healthy glow all over :) It's a shame it creases a bit on my lids though :( Still a very good product!

This is one of my favorite bases. Its so versatile, I use it to highlight and as a base and a shimmer on my cheeks. It makes my eyeshadows stand out ten-fold. I'll definitely be repurchasing.

on 3/18/2004 9:08:00 PM

Another great CCB. A beautiful pale, buttery, almost white, yellow. Very versatile. Can be used on alone as an e/s, or as a base to help hold and intensify other e/s on top of the CCB. As with the other CCB's, this has a tendency to crease so either apply very lightly, or even better, apply over a paint (I use Almay's champagne)...no creasing! Also, these are the most subtle face highlighters I've found. Great for a soft-focus effect. I highly recommend this product.