wet n wild #666 liner

Wet N Wild Lipliner #666#666 liner

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Lanolin, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Palm Glyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Oleyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon 12, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Mica (In Shades 663B,665A,666,712,714B,716), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarine Blue Violet (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 3/11/2008 6:44:00 PM

I haven't looked at WnW since probably Jr. High. Thanks to these reviews I decided to give this liner a shot. Sure glad I did. It is a really pretty color, goes great with most of my lipsticks, I really love berry shades. Also love it with a little bit of lip balm on top. I do have to reapply half way through the day, but that is pretty much par for the course for any lip stuff for me. I will repurchase for sure.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good match for my MLBB lipsticks. I wouldn't describe it as "nude" unless your version of nude is like mine--highly pigmented, rosy lips. I wear this with MAC Midimauve and Twig, and just tried it with NARS Masai as well. As an all-purpose liner, I prefer the WnW 712, but this is an excellent choice for a ton of other uses, and at the price, you really can't go wrong. I have every color of WnW liner, just because I can! Oh, but I really wish they'd change the name of this one. There are a lot of other numbers out there...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have used this lip liner for years. For $.99 you can't beat it! It isn't very creamy and if you lose the lid it seems to dry out a bit and then it doesn't go on as smooth. I fix that by running it through my sharpener about every 2-3 days. Its comes in a very long pencil so even sharpening it that often it still takes me months to use it up. The color is so neutral that I use it with almost EVERY lipstick/gloss that I have, except my reds. The #666 kind of freaks me out a bit, but not enough to stop using it. There are creamier lip liners on the market but to keep your lip gloss/stick within your lip line this works really well. I think the drier texture of this makes more of a barrier to keep your glosses especially from bleeding outside the lip line. I always use my pinky finger to blend it into my lip so there isn't an obvious line and to this day I've never had anyone comment on my lip LINER so that is a good thing in my book! Its worth giving it a try and for $.99 cents even if you hate it you didn't break the bank.

on 1/25/2008 9:43:00 PM

This is a neutral shade with a bit of oomph. I naver have any trouble with the color as long as I wear dark shades. It does tend to break off a bit, the trick is never trying to get it to that super precise point.

on 1/24/2008 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I know this lipliners gets lots of raves, but I personally find it too hard and difficult to apply. The formula is just too waxy for my tastes.

on 1/24/2008 3:00:00 PM

I bought #666 because it came so highly recommended as a shade that would be natural and go with most lipsticks/lip glosses shades on the message board. Wrong. #666 is a burgundy berry-ish shade with a metallic shimmer. It's way too dark on my lips. I wouldn't call this natural looking color at all. If you're looking for a neutral shade, I'd suggest WnW's #712 lip liner which is lighter than #666, and is a reddish brown color without shimmer.

on 1/12/2008 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried MAC and other expenisive lip liners...this one gets the GOLD medal!!! so cheap and soooooo perfect...the color is perfect on me. it lasts a long time and is better than the high priced department store brands versions. i will always use this liner. it goes with most lipstick/glosses out there! love it....

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Although the name of this lip liner is horrible, this is actually a very pretty neutral shade that works with many of my lipsticks and glosses. The texture is creamy so it goes on very smoothly and doesn't dry out my lips. Plus, the price can't be beat: 99 cents for a generously sized pencil!

on 1/9/2008 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Perhaps there is some inconsistency in the batches because I have had their pencils that didn't go on easily, but this pencil I got the other day applies effortlessly and goes on very well. It looks great. It is a tad dry feeling on my lips, but lipstick or gloss over it takes care of that feeling. I don't like having to sharpen pencils, but it's no big deal.

on 12/18/2007 2:14:00 PM

I found this at Rite-Aid and got the last one left! I am Indian, have medium-dark skin with a lot of yellow undertones. My top lip is darker than my bottom lip and I've never found a liner that matches my lips. When I wear the WnW liner, it shows up as a pinkish-brown. It was not too dark for me. I like to pair it with the Beauty Rush lip glosses from Victoria's Secret. I usually lean toward brownish colors for my lips, so this is a small step towards trying a different color.

I'm more of an eyeshadow person that lips, so I don't spend too much money on lipstick, glosses, etc. This was the right price for my (minimal) lip color needs.

Popular Lip Liners