Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

4.2

I love this eyelash curler. It is the only one that doesn't catch my skin in it. I have had mine for just about 2 years and have not needed to replace the red lash pad yet. I too have used the Sheido and the Shu Uemura but prefer this one.

on 4/25/2005 3:59:00 PM

I used the Shu Uemura lash curler for 3 years and hated it every day. I must have strangely shaped eyes because no matter how I held it the thing always crimped my bottom lashes along with my top ones. And it HURT. I think it has a tight curve that digs into some eye shapes.

Kevyn Aucoin's (God bless his dear soul) is absolutely perfect for me. The curve is much wider, and as other reviewers have said, it allows you to get very close to the lash roots. The hinge or open/shut function is very easy, so you have lots of control.

It's totally comfortable, curls beautifully and I really love the little red rubber strip.

IMO it just can't be improved upon. continued >>

on 2/28/2005 5:50:00 PM

A great curler! May even surpass Shu's as my HG!

on 2/20/2005 3:51:00 PM

This is an okay eyelash curler that does not perform much better than Revlon or others which cost a fraction of the price. If I have to splurge on a curler I would definitely choose Shu Uemura over this one.

on 1/12/2005 4:35:00 PM

bought this b/c i lost my revlon curler. LOVE THIS. It fits the shape of my eye much better and gives a great curl w/o having to heat it with a blow dryer.

on 1/12/2005 2:51:00 AM

This is the best metal curler I have used (much better curl than the Shu in my opinion), but I still prefer the curl I get with the Japonesque GoCurler. The red pad is a nice touch, but it doesn't make that big of a difference to me. Since the plastic Japonesque keeps breaking on me, I will stick with this curler for now.

on 12/17/2004 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

LOVE IT!!!...Love the curler...add the Kevyn Mascara and I am a happy gal! I can't live without either of them!

on 11/24/2004 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have curlers from Shiseido, Shu, Benefit and Japonesque. Although for overall shape, I like Benefits, the Kevyn Aucoin has a nice red pad that provides contrast for the lashes so you can see what you're doing. It also allows for more usage, I find the technique for 'walking' the lashes is much easier with the Kevyn Aucoin than the other brands.

on 9/26/2004 5:55:00 PM

I love this curler! I just had to buy it after hearing how great it was, and I found out that it really is.

on 7/21/2004 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've so far tried Shiseido, Shu Uemura and Kevyn's eyelash curlers, I would give Kevyn 5, Shiseido 4.5 and Shu 4. The reason I am rating Kevyn as the highest is it actually suits my eye shape the best and go very close to the root and thus lift my lashes. Shiseido's actually feels quite the same as Kevyn's, but I think the pad is softer (or maybe just I have used it too long) and I prefer harder ones (faster). Shu's doesnt suit my eye shape, but at least my lids won't get hurt by my clumsyness~ FYI, I am Asian but normal size eyes, perhaps little bit almond shaped.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools