3.3

$10.99 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

a month ago

Not sure if the one you get in Australia is different to the one in the US but I bought it a couple of times and haven't been overly impressed. First of all, I was never a masacara girl but I love my eyeliner but once I started using mascara I wondered how i was OK just wearing eyeliner without mascara. This is a mediocre mascara that gives a bit of volume and nothing much, if I found it on sale I might buy it again but otherwise I want to try other mascaras on the market but on to my search for HG mascara.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

a month ago

Pros: It does not clump. It does not smudge. It adds volume to my lashes. Its affordable. Cons: It is hard to remove. Overall verdict: This is my first time to try Lash Paradise and I would recommend to buy as this adds more dramatic yet natural looking lashes. To give an idea of how long this mascara lasts, I work early so I apply this by 4am and get home by 7pm and it is still on, no smudge, no clumping. Although I find it hard to remove - Nonetheless, I would repurchase again. Satisfied customer here. 😊

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2 months ago

I've used this mascara for a year on recommendation of a friend who mentioned it's similar to the Better Than Sex mascara, which I liked but it smudged on me. I have average-length lashes that need a touch of length and volume and this mascara fits the bill - it creates volume and reasonable length without clumping and it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. I like it enough that I've repurchased several times. It's the closest to my other HG Loreal mascara Lash Out from the 1980s (it's an oldie but goodie, just like me... lol). The applicator wand is an easy to hold shape and not too slippery. I have arthritis in my hands and drop things all the time (a PITA when you drop your HG limited edition eye shadow). The only two cons about this mascara is that after about a month of use, it dries and will flake slightly. The other con is if you purchase the waterproof, it is more difficult to remove than average waterproof mascaras I've used previously. It is removed best with a first step oil cleanse (I like Hada Labo Gokujyun Cleansing Oil). Overall, I think it's a pretty good value for the $$. My last purchase was a three-pack from CostCo and that brought the price down to about $9 per tube.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

2 months ago

I love this mascara. It makes my lashes more full and gives length and curl. No flaking. My new favorite!

About reviewer (171 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2 months ago

I bought this mascara two months ago to see if it was comparable to the Better Than Sex mascara which I also own. My impressions are: yes, it's comparable but only as far as the volumizing aspect is concerned. As far as the lengthening, the BTS mascara edges it out very slightly. It's also not as black as the Two Faced mascara but it's not as clumpy either. When I first got mine, the formula was still wet so it was build-able without clumping or stiffness. On my already long lashes with OK volume, it managed to add good volume, definition, separation but not so much length. It didn't flake off on me and was very easy to remove with plain soap and water. I took off a couple lippies for: smudging under my lower lashes by the end of the day, just like the BTS mascara does on me. If you have oily lids like me, this is a potential problem with a lot of non-waterproof mascaras, not just this one. I have naturally straight lashes and prefer waterproof formulas to hold the curl all day. Unfortunately, the store was out of stock with the waterproof version so I just grabbed this one. Sure enough, this one made my curl fall upon application so I had to re-curl with the lash curler. Last but not least, within a month and a half of using it, the product dried out and became so thick it was hard to apply. I don't pump the wand either so this was a total disappointment. I did salvage it by putting it in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes to warm up the tube before using. This seems to help thin the product out but I shouldn't have to do this after only a month and a half. Overall, as far as drugstore mascaras go, I prefer L'oreal's Unlimited Waterproof Mascara over this since it's one of the blackest blacks I've seen and holds curl all day without smudging. Not to mention, it gives a better lengthening and volumizing effect than this one does, even with just one coat.

About reviewer (151 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3 months ago

If I could be more specific I would give this product a 3.5. It's a good product for the price but nothing to write home about, and it has some downsides. For reference, I have pretty average eyelashes- they don't have issues with holding curl or drooping, and I prefer more lengthening/defining mascaras over volumizing formulas. Within the first 15-ish uses of this mascara, I was pretty sold on it. It did a good job of coating my lashes, providing some length, and bulking them up without making them too clumpy. The brush is reminiscent of a smaller, easier to control version of Too Faced Better Than Sex and I can get to all of my lashes without hitting my lid or browbone. It also did a fantastic job of curling the lashes and HOLDING the curl throughout the day. Like I mentioned above, this is not usually an issue for me, but this was noticeably better than other mascaras I've tried recently. The staying power on this mascara is also really good. I've worn it through intense naps and workout sessions without it wearing off or smudging. I clearly remember having a LONG nap, about 5 hours, and when I woke up they were still perfectly curled and defined. I can even use this on the lower lashline without worry of it flaking or transferring. I also like how easy this is to remove- I can wash it off without pulling out all my lashes. The issue, however, comes with how the formula changed and dried over time. I am used to buying mini sized mascaras or getting them for free as point perks- this is the first full sized mascara I have had in years. With it being full sized, I expected it to last much longer before changing texture or drying out. Man was I wrong- I think I got through about 15 uses (~3 weeks) before this started to get thick and gloopy. Once the texture started to change, it got increasingly more difficult to apply it without becoming clumpy. One wrong move or extra swipe and you go from "voluminous" to "spider legs". I don't know if I got an old tube or something, but I have had it for less than a month and it is markedly changed from when I first opened and used it- it's starting to get to a point that it's unusable because it is so thick. Another minor downside is this can be a pretty heavy formula, and you can definitely feel it on your lashes. I don't mind it, but it's not weightless by a long shot. If there was no change in texture from the first use, this could potentially be a new favorite mascara- especially for the price point. However, if I'm buying a full tube I want it to last longer than a mini, and this isn't even coming close.

About reviewer (101 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

3 months ago

I love to this product. It’s great to use with little to no eyeliner I’ve noticed if I apply eyeliner my lashes still looks long but not as long as if I’m not wearing eyeliner. This is my go to Mascara to use if I’ve already washed my make up off and need to make a quick run to the store I will just apply this mascara and moisturizer and I’m good to go. The amount in this tube is generally normal like any other just warm it in your hands before use to help get rid of clumps. It does start to clump up about 3-4 weeks depending on how much you use it and do not dip the wand in and out to get product just dip it in and turn wand as as you are opening or closing the tube it’ll keep more air out and keep product moist a little longer price varies from $7-$10.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3 months ago

I had an event to go to that needed a bit of glam. I started researching mascaras. Unfortunately, I cannot wear false eyelashes. No matter what glue I use, my eyes are irritated by it so fabulous falsies were off the table. I researched YouTubers for reviews and basically wound up trying L'Oreal Lash Paradise and Maybelline Colossal Big Shot Mascara (non-waterproof formulas for both of them). Lash Paradise did a good job lengthening and providing volume for me. It was buildable so I could enhance my results with an additional coat. You can do 3 coats of this mascara if you wanted. The brush was a hourglass-ish type, bristle brush. Not hard to work with but reminded me of the two faced better than sex mascara wand but thinner. (Two Faced I can't wear because it flakes on me and drives my contacts nuts). I liked the resulting eyelashes BUT 5 hours later my eyes started to feel itchy and dry. They don't normally feel that way. I figured maybe I touched something and touched my eye. Next day, same great mascara results, then about 6 hours later my one eye started to water. After about half hour both eyes were itchy. So although the results were good, the formula is too harsh for sensitive eyes. Let me finish this by saying, I got the same great results from the Maybelline Colossal Big Shot without the irritation. The Maybelline product is not as buildable. 95% of what you end up with (length and volume), you'll get on your first good coat. Second coat will just darken and add a bit volume. If you like a clumpier look. This is a thick mascara so if you are not into a little thick, kinda clumpy volume this will not be for you. So if your eyes are NOT sensitive - Lash Paradise is good. If they are sensitive - go Maybelline.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

5 months ago

This is my favourite drugstore mascara right now. I use it with the primer to get max volume (upper lashes only). No raccoon eyes at the end of the day, but I find the tube dries out quicker than most and starts looking a bit chunky. Overall very happy with this product and will continue to purchase it.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

5 months ago

Comparable to the better than sex mascara, if you have super short lashes and need lots of volume this is the go to. I’ve probably purchased this maybe 20 times and I’ll always go back. Almost every other target trip I’ll pick it up! The only con about this is that after a handful of uses and it gets dry, it will flake SLIGHTLY

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium