L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

3.4

on 12/9/2018 6:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Overall I like this for a drugstore mascara. The formula is a bit dry and it applies smoothly without clumping. It does a decent job thickening my lashes, and it's okay for lengthening. I really like the brush, too.
It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes at all and I have no flaking with it, either.
I love the case; it looks classy.

on 12/9/2018 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I’ve purchased this mascara twice. Several of my friends find it comparable to the Better than Sex mascara and I thought it might be as good as some of the higher end mascaras. I’ve only tried sample versions of the BTS but personally I didn’t find this mascara to be as effective as it or the L’Oréal Voluminous mascara. This particular mascara has a thick brush which I think helps with vollume but I found it hard to get it to the roots of my lashes for the lengthening effect I like. It also transferred a bit on me and the black was not as dark as I prefer. As.I don’t care for clumpy lashes that stay too wet, this just wasn’t my cup of tea. It might be yours if you like those things in.your mascara.

When I go high end I usually use a Lancôme mascara or Tarte’s Light Camera - they seem to give me the best combination of length and volume - and although I was hoping this would give those a run for their money, it did not.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I tried this mascara because of Tati on youtube--I think I bought it once before and liked it but it wasn't my go-to at the time for some reason. I tried it again recently, and the first couple applications were okay, nothing special--and then after it dried out just a tiny bit, and now it's BOMB. It lengthens a little, but the VOLUME! It doesn't clump much, and it's pretty quick to apply. This is now my favorite mascara. It looks amazing with a full eye look or nothing else on your face. It will flake the tiniest bit after extended wear, but those are easy to brush off and it's really a tiny amount (I touch my eyelashes a lot because my contacts dry out throughout the day).

I cannot recommend this enough! Best drugstore mascara in my opinion.

on 11/29/2018 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

such a good mascara. one of the best in the drugstore, IMO. it's not flaky or too clumpy yet gives volume and length. the black is very black. and it lasts the whole day. i love it. repurchasing for sure.

on 11/25/2018 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

UPDATE: Not even a month later... my mascara is clumping up sooo bad. Last night my boyfriend said I had “pepper under my eyes”. The mascara was flaking off. It hasn’t done that before. Uh oh. I may just have to go back on everything I said before about this product. It’s definitely not worth spending $9 twice a month. Hopefully it’s just the bottle I bought and not the formula all together because newp!!

AMAMZING product!! I am super picky about mascara and this one has me mind blown. I use three coats and let me tell you, my lashes are super beautiful. I did not get waterproof as I have researched over and over that it’s bad for your lashes. My pictures are the super close up by Lala6699. Only curled my lashes and then applied three coats and one to the back of my lashes. Try this!!!

on 11/21/2018 5:19:00 PM

I really love this mascara. For me, it works much better than Better Than Sex mascara (yes, I compared them!), and it's less than half the price. I've found it to have a nice smooth texture that gives me beautiful volume and length, along with (surprisingly) a little bit of curl! It doesn't smear, clump or smudge. Having said all that, I find i do have to use a lash primer with it to avoid flaking. I started out late in the summer using just the mascara. With the Texas heat, I had problems with flaking. (BTW, I also had flaking issues with the BTS brand). However, once I used it with a lash primer, flaking problem solved! I haven't tried it with the Lash Paradise primer yet. I've been using the last of my CoverGirl primer-which works GREAT!! This looks and behaves like a high-end mascara at a drugstore price. I'll definitely repurchase and highly recommend it.
Edit: 11/26/2018 - Still loving this mascara, but I like the Cover Girl primer much better than the Voluminous Lash Paradise primer. The Cover Girl primer is creamier and smoother, and the mascara glides over it so beautifully. The Lash Paradise primer wasn't as creamy and caused clumping and problems with "gloppyness." Might work for others but not for me.

on 11/21/2018 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like the formula, HATE the wand. All the problems with this mascara can be traced back to the wand, which comes out limp, soggy and sodden with product every time. You wouldn't believe the amount of product that needs to be wiped off on a tissue before this will apply without clumps. After blotting, it's a lovely mascara, nice and soft and feathery, and it lasts through the day without melting, which is fantastic.

Now let's consider the economics. Until now, I have never, ever, not once in my life EVER managed to finish even a sample size mascara before the six month expiration date. Due to the aggressive blotting required to make this usable, I finished this mascara in one month, which is just insane. That means that at $10 a pop, a year's supply of Lash Paradise would cost me $120, as opposed to $20 for two mid-end sample mascaras. That's 600% more money... for a drugstore mascara that doesn't perform any better and has a really annoying wand. Now I'm no mathematician but I will not be taking L'Oreal up on that deal.

on 11/14/2018 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been using this mascara for a while now. It's only when I've compared it with other mascaras that I've realised how good it is.

It creates excellent volume and length, and really opens up my eyes. It looks all soft and feathery, which I really like. I have quite sensitive eyes and this one seems less likely to irritate them. It also doesn't smudge above the eye on application, which is a common problem, so you can easily apply several layers. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging because it makes it look pretty insubstantial.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This mascara has the potential to be a clumpy mess. I always wipe all excess product off the wand before use. I've also noticed that some mascaras work best when you really work the wand inbetween all the lashes from root to tip, and others work best lightly swept over the lashes just enough to coat. The latter method has amazing results for me with this one. I do two coats. I do notice a teensy bit more length with BTS, if you're comparing, but I have no smudging with this one like I do with Too Faced. I JUST LOVE YOU, LASH PARADISE.

It does dry out quickly, but if it works better than other mascaras at twice the price, then it still ends up being a better value, in my opinion.

on 10/8/2018 1:58:00 AM

I purchased this because I heard so many good things about it and then I saw it on sale, but I am really disappointed. Granted, it does give volume, but it is also clumpy and makes my lashes clump together. This problem is both with and without the primer. I am usibg the brush from an empty mascara until this one runs out, and once it does, I will be going back to voluminous.