wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.3

on 4/28/2017 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I’ve been testing and experimenting with the WnW Photo Focus foundation for a few weeks now. After finding the right combination of products and application techniques I can say that this stuff works for me and I like it a lot more than I thought I would. The finish is between matte and satin in my opinion and it really does seem to have ‘blurring’ properties to it – I actually prefer it over MUFE Ultra HD which is a bit too dewy/shiny for my oily skin. I use a damp sponge to apply and get great results. I’d say that it has light-medium coverage as I’ve been using more than usual to get to the medium coverage that I want. I agree with other reviewers that it isn’t particularly long-wearing and it does transfer more easily (I wouldn’t recommend it if you wear glasses or tend to touch your face a lot), but I have been mostly able to combat these issues by using my damp sponge to apply my loose HD setting powder. Before I did this I definitely had issues with it breaking down after a few hours, but not anymore. I have fairly oily skin but somehow it stays in check when I do this. Overall, it’s a great foundation on its own in my opinion, but the price makes it even more amazing. I will definitely repurchase. For reference, I am NC25-30 and would have bought Soft Beige (for light-medium warm skin) but my store was out. Instead, I bought Golden Beige (for medium warm skin) and added in a touch of Porcelain (for fair warm skin) and got a good match.

Skin: Very Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This product is one of the best foundations in the drugstore, and I know the makeup industry well. It takes great photos, possesses high blendability, enhances skin's appearance, and gives healthy but not over the top glow. It is a stunning foundation on and I would/have/do put it head-to-head with Maybelline Fit Me and Revlon Colorstay, fairly beloved drugstore foundations.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great coverage for my skin, but the lasting power is not there. I get a few hours at the most. A good thing is that it doesn't break me out, it's super cheap, and it doesn't oxidize on my skin. I prefer to use my fingers and apply to my cheeks where I have redness. Not bad but there are definitely better options. However if you have oily skin, this will not feel cakey.

on 4/25/2017 7:04:00 PM

W & W discontinued its Coverall Foundation, my HG, so I tried this. Sigh--it doesn't cover or stay on as well, accentuates my pores, and feels slightly greasy on my combo skin. Preferred the plastic tube too--lighter and more portable.

I tried this after so many raves about it on YouTube. Overall I think if it works for you it is a great value. I liked it but it did not do well hiding the slight redness I have on my cheeks which makes it a big no for me. I also felt it was hard to blend I kept getting sponge marks from my Beauty blender.

As for the packaging I loved the heavy glass bottle but I am not a fan of the spatula I much prefer a pump or tube to squeeze I feel they are much more sanitary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After seeing the YouTube hype on this product was pumped to try it. Wet n' wild has been coming out with some awesome products I love! However, after trying this foundation a good 10 times now in all kinds of ways to try and make it work (with all kinds of primers, applications and setting powders - even their photofocus powder), I've gotta say I don't plan to repurchase. I have super oily skin around my t-zone, acne-prone, but dry skin around my mouth and cheeks, so I get the best of both worlds haha. I got the shade golden beige and loved the great yellow undertone for my olive skin, and applying the foundation was easy. At first the application looks great, not matte or dewy, sort in-between, but it doesn't fully dry down, leaves a kind of tacky feeling on your face and you can't apply too much powder unless you wanna look cakey. In addition, it transfers LIKE CRAZY. If I even slightly touch my face I leave foundation fingerprints all over my papers in class, and I wouldn't dare hug someone or lay down on a pillow with this on. And finally, within an hour I am an oil slick. My face looks insanely greasy, the foundation separates, oxidizes, and worst of all it clings on like crazy to the small amount of dry patches on my face. The other day my roommate unknowingly thought I rubbed something on my face and told me to lick my finger and rub it off, and when I went to go look in the mirror I realized my skin texture looked awful, like I had a ton of orange dry patches the foundation was clinging on. It just doesn't look good after initial application and has also begun breaking me out :( I tried so hard to like it and I do love the price and packaging, but it has too many cons to continue using. I'm gonna stick to my L'Oreal Infallible pro-matte for sure.

I have normal skin (not oily and not dry)
& at first application this foundation is beautiful! It makes your skin look even, yet natural, and gives you a flawless and smooth look but after an hour it left me super oily and shiny.
The smell is strong of paint but quickly goes away.
I wish it would have worked for me because it's super inexpensive and looks beautiful at first.

on 4/11/2017 12:07:00 AM

I walked into CVS, browsing and came upon wnw new foundation. I quickly looked for my shade, I'm a golden beige. I didn't look up for review as I knew it only cost less than $6 so it wouldn't really matter if I did like it or not. Love the packaging and the spatula. But I do noted a scent but it quickly disappears after applying. I applied it with my beauty blender and I loved the flawless, natural finish look. I definitely would recommend this!

on 4/8/2017 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have the shade Mocha. This shade is fiery orange. In the trash it went.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation. After the popularity surrounding this foundation, I had to try it. I have dry skin, with some acne scarring. The packaging is quite nice, with a glass bottle and spatula applicator. The spatula makes it easy to apply the proper amount. The foundation itself is quite liquid, yet sets quickly. It is easy to blend, and lasts a long time. This foundation acts like a more expensive foundation, yet costs less than $5.00. I recommend this foundation to anyone with dry skin, in need of coverage.