wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.5

on 4/14/2019 11:11:00 PM

I have combo/oily skin depending on the weather and usually gravitate towards a powder foundation because I don’t love wearing makeup. I needed a more full coverage foundation for special occasions and I think I found what I was looking for. I did have a bit of shine at the end of the day in my t zone but people kept commenting on my complexion and the coverage is perfect for me. I would say it’s a medium coverage. I also love the packaging and the little paddle thing to scoop product out instead of having to dump it. This will be my new go-to for events!

I really like this foundation! I feel the shade selection is great for a drugstore foundation and the price is amazing!! I don't mind the spatula applicator and the smell is a bit strong. However, the smell doesn't last. It's easy to blend out using either a brush or beauty blender, and the coverage is fantastic! It does transfer though, so that's my only complaint.

on 2/3/2019 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Rarely have I tried a foundation and re-bought it!! But I've re-bought this foundation countless times! I've tried many foundations, high and low end and this is one of the best. Also, I have an extremely yellow undertone and golden beige matches me perfectly.

It just looks like I have great skin or like I am barely wearing anything when I wear this. Its never cakes or gets greasy and most importantly it doesn't irritate my skin!!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was excited to buy this because of all the hype but I honestly hated it. It looked so cakey on my dry skin.

on 12/20/2018 6:05:00 AM

I was happily surprised by this foundation. More than once I've had people ask me what I'm wearing. One friend couldn't believe it wasn't high end. It was the end of the day and I'd worn it all day. When I told her she couldn't believe it was wet n wild because of how nice my skin looked. I wear it over NYX Hydratouch Oil Primer. I told her Wet n Wild has stepped up since when we were kids in the 80s and used to buy their cheap lipsticks for 99 cents. My drugstore Foundation that I was using before this was loreal true match which looks nice but transfers like crazy. Once this sets it doesn't move and stays put til I take it off at the end of the day.

on 12/10/2018 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

One of their shades matches my skin tone perfectly. Stays on all day. No creasing or oxidizing. As others mention, it smells kinda like paint but for this value, it’s amazing and is long lasting. Hope they never discontinue it!

on 10/28/2018 2:28:00 PM

I hate this. I have combination skin and during midday I get a little shine on my T zone, usually, but with this one I got oily all over my face. I don't care about the smell (is not bad) but the coverage is bad. When I first apply it it looks ok, all matte and nice but it emphasize my pores, actually it gathers into the pores and after one hour or two, the pore is the only one that has foundation in it! Other than that, the foundation from my T zone is gone. All I have is a slick appearence and some foundation on the contour of my face (mostly on my cheeks and chin). And what stays on my face is cakey.

I tried to apply it with a damp sponge, a dry one, foundation brush, with my fingers, with or without primer, I used setting powder and I got the same crappy result.

I bought it as a result of the highly appreciation that I saw online but now I wonder if those are really true or sponsored. I find it strange that this is so bad on my skin while I can use almost all kinds of foundation without any problem.

I will definitely not repurchase!

on 10/21/2018 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am writing this review as I just finished the last drop of my Photo Focus foundation this morning and suddenly realized I cannot not have it! I very rarely ever finish an entire bottle of a liquid foundation, most of them expire and, sadly, have to go... This one was an exception. Definitely repurchasing it tomorrow.

It is a medium coverage foundation, buildable to full, in my opinion. Blends very easily with both a brush and a sponge. It gives me the nicest blurring effect, the skin looks nearly airbrushed after I finish my makeup. It is not dewy, nor very matt, something in the middle, just like I prefer (I have combination skin, normal on good days). Its long lasting power is another huge plus.

It's a really beautiful foundation and I could see it working on different skin types and for people with different makeup preferences. It's definitely worth trying for the price.

on 9/18/2018 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Bought this on a whim to test out - I picked up shade 366C Buff Bisque, I'm normally NC20-25-ish during the summer/spray tan months. In a nutshell, this looks GREAT in photos, smells horrible, packaging is a little bulky, and the spatula probably has a lot of bacteria lingering on it. It's cheap (like $5 or so at ULTA?) This isn't as long lasting as my go to matte formulas, but for flawless foundation in photographs I'm willing to keep it around. I'd repurchase!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I like this foundation. I bought this last year after the major YouTube hype of it. I love Wet N' Wild as a brand so I had some high hopes. My shade is Golden Beige and it really works for my yellow/olive tone skin!

It can look matte and heavy at the beginning but as it wears, it actually looks really natural on your skin. It just takes about an hour or so. I don't touch up my makeup throughout the day (because honestly, who has the time) and when I come home (after about 17 hours of wear), it looks glowy and dewy!

I personally do like the applicator. The only thing I don't like is that the bottle can get really dirty...