wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

on 9/1/2017 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin, thus:

Pros:
*medium to medium- high coverage.
*looks like skin (seriously the finish is gorgeous)
*can be layered
*long wearing
*easy to apply with fingers/brush/sponge.
*fragrance free
*nice shade range with natural tones
*affordable and accessible

Cons:
* smells like house paint
*I can feel it on my skin through the the day
*doesn't control oil
* I had more BREAKOUTS/clogged pores when I was using it. (If this was the foundation's fault or caused by the amount of Nyx Matte Loose powder I had to use to keep myself matte and smooth looking throughout the day I'm not sure. That said Im still using that powder and Im breaking out a lot less since I stopped using it. YMMV)

This is a decent foundation, its just not for my skin type in this weather (the hot, humid weather of my city exacerbates the issue). It would be better for people with normal and combination skin not prone to acne.

The deal breaker for me is the fact that I can feel it on my skin. I hate that. Also, I'm worried that it seems to be causing clogged pores and breakouts.

So far my favorite Drugstore foundation is Loreal Pro matte because its weightless (can't feel it), I can layer it to get high coverage and it has a radiant, velvet matte finish that stays that way for most of the day. I prefer it even though the Finish of WNW Photo Focus is so much more skin like and I have to use a brush with Pro Matte or it looks like crap.

I won't repurchase or use ever again, and I took two lippies off because it breaks me out, I can FEEL IT on my skin all day (itchy and annoying), and it smells like house paint.

on 8/30/2017 11:18:00 AM

Holy buckets!

Another product I came across thanks to the YouTube beauty community.

I've always been skeptical of Wet n Wild simply because of the price. I'd buy their lipsticks now and again because they were cheap, but I rarely bought any face products. Though the formulas aren't always better for pricier items, they typically contain better ingredients that don't irritate my hella acne-prone skin as much as their cheaper counterparts. The YouTube community was raving however so, given it's AWESOME price point, I figured I couldn't go wrong. I was so pleasantly surprised! The shade matched perfectly (which is super hard for me because I'm fair, but warm-toned, which typically comes across too yellow), the coverage is full but your skin still looks like your skin (no "mask" effect), the formula was incredibly easy to work with and it lasted all day long, even on my oil-slick of a face! Just like any other foundation, this one works best with a primer and/or a setting spray, but DAMN! Wet n Wild is stepping it up!

Some of their other newer items that I'm in love with are their Liquid Catsuit liquid matte lipsticks and their new highlighters are ON POINT.

on 6/26/2017 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This foundation is NOT for textured skin, if you have flaws, acne scars, discoloration, dry patches. Just skip this one. Granted, this foundations DOES look amazing in photos, it looks cakey in real life. The formula is sheer and can be built to medium coverage with lots of coats and it dries down with a heavy feel to it. *Scent!! It literally smells like a bucket of Sherwin Williams house paint! Not kidding. I applied 3 coats on my cheeks since I have acne scars on that area and when I was in the sunlight I realized this foundation enhanced every one of my pores and made my skin look "rough" like when you haven't exfoliated for a while. And the pores on my nose where gigantic craters, not cute!

I would recommend as an alternative for photography makeup but in real life this foundation does not provide much coverage and ends up feeling and looking cakey. Hard pass for me and my acne scars.

I see the hype on youtube and wanted to try. But I don't get it, there is nothing special on this foundation. The texture is very watery, the coverage is thin and doesn't cover my flaws and not even out my redness. When I saw reviews on youtube I was kinda excited because I saw the coverage and the end result was amazing on the youtubers but I don't get the same result.

The smell is bad and I hate the applicator it causes a lot of mess on the bottle. Very disappointed.

on 6/14/2017 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this foundation for the price! They have quite a few color options, but they were a little confusing. The best I could do in the store was look at the bottle and look at my skin. I just know is that I'm fair and neutral. My Walgreen's wasn't stocked super great when I went, but I picked up Nude Ivory. (A week or so later I saw another shade that probably would've matched me slightly better, at another retailer, but that's okay.) Nude Ivory is a pretty decent match, but a tad dark for my skin. It's soooo slightly too dark. Not a big deal, I blend it down my neck and it looks perfect.
The formula does indeed smell like paint but it dissipates fairly quickly and I don't notice it after I'm done doing my makeup. I'm not a huge fan of the spatula situation. It's not bad. I'd just prefer a pump, but I know that'd make it more costly so I get why they don't do it. It's such an affordable foundation and I appreciate that so much. Sometimes I don't want to purchase a $40 foundation, because geeze that's spendy. I'm so glad Wet n Wild exists as a brand and they keep their stuff affordable and cruelty-free! Anyways, I digress.
Wearing this I noticed that if I use too much it does indeed get cakey. I think this is probably a medium coverage foundation, but I prefer a lighter coverage foundation these days so I use just a dab on my cheeks, forehead, and chin and blend it out with a beauty blender or my real techniques sponge. I find this works super well. I set it with the Wet N Wild "Bronzer" in the shade "Reserve Your Cabana" lightly, as if I pack on this powder too much you can see that it's too dark for my skintone. (I love this powder btw.) This sets my makeup really well and makes the finish look flawless.
I find this foundation lasts all day on my skin and I haven't noticed a break out specifically from this product, but of course as with any product YMMV.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

After knowing how my face reacts to their crappy foundation i stupidly tried this product.....it looked like a mask the whole evening, if i touched my face a smear was left behind. The next day (today) part of my face beside my nose is swollen it looks grotesque like i have some type of facial edema. Horrible cystic acne brewing the worst i've ever had. If you have any cystic acne probs steer clear of this horseshit. Plus when I first opened it the neck of the bottle was broken, if i had liked it I wouldve had to put it in a different container......turns out the trash container worked best.

on 5/31/2017 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great foundation. I have the shade porcelain which is supposed to be "warm toned", however its actually neutral toned, so not too pink and not too yellow. Its like a cruelty free version of the Maybelline matte and poreless in their porcelain shade with a stronger paint like smell, which does disappear fast.

It is very mattifying although it does cling to my dry patches on which is my already oily skin. Can sometimes appear patchy upon application which is why I find it best to mix this with other foundations which have some hyaluronic acid to moisturise it a little bit.

I really do like this foundation and would definitely repurchase it over and over again. It does not oxidise and does overall look really good, lasting 3-4 hours on my oily skin which is pretty normal for me. It is best for oily skin, however mix a little moisturiser or a little bit of dewier foundation with it so it does not cling to dry patches.

I usually do not like glass bottles, but I am kind of digging the spatula, getting product out is actually pretty easy :)

I loved this foundation when I first got it, it looked beautiful on my skin and felt so soft. But after a few days of using it started to look Super cakey and almost as if my skin was very dry, I hadn't changed my skin routine or anything. I had a couple of friends say that theirs did the same, mine does it off and on. One day it looks great, the next it looks cakey, and so on. So I'm switching my foundations. Sorry Wet n Wild.

on 5/11/2017 7:49:00 PM

The product felt very poorly made on my skin it's such a flop. It gathered in my pores (which are relatively small may I add) to the point where they looked like kiddie pools, the smell smells like your typical drugstore foundation not pleasant but tolerable. After about an hour or so it separated on my chin and under my eyes and my skin wasn't even oily yet. Yikes

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Cheap foundation isn't my thing. I've always been a true believer in the idea that cheap means bad quality- for certain products. I'm a drug store junkie too, but foundation has always been hard for me to buy at Walgreens or Walmart. This is for a couple reasons: 1) I break out (sometimes even from non-comedogenic products, 2) Olive skin is hard to match in drug store brands (yellow undertones), and 3) I have concerns about the ingredients in cheap products.

Soooo, because I've heard great things about this foundation, I wanted to give it a try. It's supposed to be a dupe for NARS All Day luminous foundation, which is one of my favorites.

Packaging: It's pretty simple, nothing fancy. It comes in a glass bottle with a black cap and has a little spatula applicator. I really don't care for the spatula. I would prefer a pump or a large doe foot applicator brush.

Formula: It seems to be very light and liquidy, definitely not a mouse or a thick creme. It feels a little oily when I applied it to my skin, but seemed to mattify after a couple minutes.

Color: The color was pretty close to what I need as an olive girl. I have light olive skin with yellow undertones and it is SO HARD for me to find a foundation that matches me skin. NARS Punjab has been the only winner up to now.

Coverage; The coverage is light, but buildable. I liked that i could add more if I wanted to and it didn't cake. But, I do have issues in the wear. It doesn't last all day. By the time I got home it was almost all off (8 Hour Day).

Overall, I really like it. The price is great, the look is nice, and it feels light on my skin. I feel like it could definitely be an every day foundation; but, wouldn't be my go to for vacation or special events.