wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by age: 25-29
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Well...I will say I like this a lot better than their previous Coverall foundation (which I hated). Photo Focus has some good and bad points. I do think this is going to be one of those products where people either go rabid bashing it OR they absolutely rave about it.

The Photo Focus reminds me a lot of Loreal's True Match with perhaps a little bit more slip to it. I prefer it to the True Match, which isn't saying much. I see a lot of people comparing this to Revlon Colorstay but honestly that may only be due to the paint scent. This is lighter coverage and a more liquid-y consistency than the Colorstay.

I would consider Photo Focus to be medium coverage. It definitely covers more than I assumed it would. I bought the palest shade - Porcelain. This shade is about NC10 applied by oxidizes to NC15ish. Honestly that's still paler than a lot of the lighter shades in drugstores so I can't complain. Keep in mind the NC stands for "not cool", meaning it's warm toned. I find this is more yellow-y than straight up warm. The deeper warm shades seem more orange based though, your mileage may vary.

I have oily skin and although this applies relatively demi-matte, I found it lacks any oil control. As the day goes on it gets greasy. :( I can see a layer of oil form within hours and it pools into my pores. On the other hand it seems to accentuate dry patches so those with very dry skin should either double up on the moisturizer first, or skip Photo Focus altogether.

I made this work for me by: 1. applying a hydrating sunscreen primer first and 2. mixing a tiny bit of my favorite suuuuuper matte foundation in (Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse). *If* you can find a way to make this work for you, it's totally worth it. I think its a good (not great..just good..which is better than most in my book) foundation.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a very surprisingly impressive foundation. I say that not because it is $5.99; I have used and loved Rimmel's Lasting Finish foundation for years and it's in the same price range as this, so I knew that there was a fair chance it would be a winner. I say that because I was not thrilled with WnW's Coverall cream foundation and had my concerns that this would follow in that tradition.

This foundation is easy to apply, a very liquidy consistency that dries down somewhat quickly to a natural (not dewy, not matte) finish. I used a Beauty Blender because, well, nobody wants foundation all over their hands if they can avoid it, and I'm not a huge fan of foundation brushes.

It sheers out to anywhere between a light to medium coverage depending on how much you apply. I prefer a full coverage foundation, but for an everyday look I am fine with medium. I applied a layer to my face and upper neck and then a second coat to areas I felt needed extra coverage. It is layerable to an extent, but don't expect full coverage from this one.

With a primer and being set with powder, this doesn't emphasize pores or settle in fine lines, and wears exceptionally well. It has a light feeling on the skin. I have noted a slight paint-like odor to it, but this literally disappears immediately as it is being applied. Really, really not a big deal.

Even disregarding the reasonable price tag, this is a great medium coverage, perfect for daytime foundation that looks and feels natural on the skin. There are several shades available in store (I'm in Soft Beige), but many more online. The glass tube is a step up from WnW, and the spatula applicator does help in getting the product out. Yes, a pump would be ideal but I'm fine with it as-is. I would highly recommend.

on 3/18/2017 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Skin Type: This is the foundation for combo/oily skin! If you have dry skin and dry patches, be sure to put a hydrating primer before application.
Coverage: Medium. I don't recommend layering this foundation. it would look cakey.
Finish: satin-matte. It also blurs my pores.
Fragrance: it smells like paint but doesn't linger.
Staying Power: 8-10 hrs. For my oily skin, I need to blot after 6 hrs, but the foundation stays on pretty well. It doesn't become blotchy. Still beautiful.

This foundation is a little tricky to use. I don't why that it accentuates my dry patches whenever i use my Laura Mercier setting powder. It works well with some primers but not for all. I haven't found a perfect foundation routine to use it. If i know which primer and powder work for it, i would update.
Overall, this is a decent foundation. I like the finish and staying power for my oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

(FOR REFERENCE I HAVE COMBINATION/OILY SKIN)
With this product all I can say is: Less is definitely more.
Following what I read here, I dabbed teeny tiny amounts of this with the spatula all over my face and proceeded to blend with a damp sponge in a downward motion. The coverage was pretty impressive and natural looking in my opinion. I even applied this underneath my eyes as a concealer, and didn't set it with a powder. Even though it had a tacky feeling I trusted the foundation and it did not budge throughout the day (I even went to the beach wearing this and it stayed put).
I feel like if you apply more than one layer of this, it will look very cakey and weird. The consistency is light and watery but it sets down to a powder satin finish.
Now for the many cons: The smell is just like house paint, no exaggeration and no joke.
Even though I have pale skin with strong yellow undertones, it was a hassle for me to find a matching shade. The color selection is either too pale and pink or too orange and tan (my closest match was bronze beige). If you don't blend and fade this out on the perimeters of your face it will set weird like a mask so you need to blend and work this a lot before it dries.
If you have dry skin or dry patches DO NOT BUY THIS FOUNDATION.
I will edit this review in case more thoughts about this product come to mind during the week.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

More reviews by MarvelousBee

This product is underwelming. I've tried wearing and applying it 4 different times and all have been disappointed. I've applied it with a beauty blender, flat top brush, and a stippling brush if I spelled that right. Just didn't move around or sit right. I used it with a primer and without one still broke up on my face around my mouth and it was on for about a hour or 2. If you do use this foundation you have to work fast because once it dries that's it. I had to work too hard to make this foundation work for me and then it was cakey and it separated not even after a full day. I'm going to give it one more try without a setting spray and use a different type of brush to apply it and try not to use a lot of it to see if that helps. I made a very honest review about this product on YouTube.
More reviews by MarvelousBee

on 2/24/2017 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I was excited to try this one out based on other reviews but it did not work for me at all. From first try it was hard to blend and patchy. The foundation stuck to some areas and wouldn't stick to others, my whole forehead looked dry and flakey, and it attached to areas around my nose and chin instantly. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, I have combination skin and can't imagine it will work for normal, combination, or dry skin types.

on 2/12/2017 6:18:00 PM

Love this foundation! It has worked amazingly for me. I love the liquidy texture, it feels so lightweight on the skin but still has great coverage. Love to apply it with a damp sponge. Great foundation for 5-6 dollars! I highly recommend!

I wanted to love this! Wet n Wild foundations usually work well for me. Was very powdery and cakey. Don't know what else to say about it. I applied with a sponge. Thumbs down! Wish I still had my receipt to return it!

on 2/4/2017 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation is amazing and for the price you can't beat it. This is one of my favorite foundations, it's not heavy on the skin and just looks flawless.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- long wearing
- matte
- affordable
- blurs out pores

CONS

- cannot find my shade
- settles into fine lines
- can look a bit aging
- looks heavy

COMMENTS: This is a matte, full coverage foundation. It wears well, but it doesn't control my oil any better than my other foundations. It does set a little quickly, but nothing I can't work with. Pores disappeared and it didn't emphasize any dryness. It did however, settle into fine lines and aged me a bit. It doesn't look as natural as claimed at all. It definitely looks like makeup. I never got around to using my finishing spray to help with these issues, though due to the shade choices. Desert Beige was too dark and Bronze Beige was too light. Anything in between had the wrong undertone.

Will not repurchase.