wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by age: 25-29
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

Love this foundation!!!! It's my new HG and I actually like it better than my MUF HD stick foundation which is $40. It has full coverage, great color selection, looks like skin and good in all lights as it claims! The only downfall is that it dries quick so blend quick and really pay attention to the hair line and it can cling to your hair

on 4/11/2017 2:33:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This product is pretty decent for a drugstore brand that automatically takes your mind to thinking of the dollar general or 99cent store. (oh childhood nostalgia) but I bought it to check out what everyone was raving over and to........attempt to dodge a bullet with my already horrible foundation that I spend a ton of cash on. --

Packaging! It feels like a luxury brand. It is made out of glass, it is heavy and feels like they spent the coin to ensure that the product would last. Albeit simple in design, the product wrapping the foundation is really nice.

Actual Foundation wise -- the color matched incredibly well with mine and blended smoothly across my combination skin without much of a fuss. And I love the fact that they are one of the first American brands outside of Korean beauty products like Holika Holika petit aqua creme to use a spatula type applicator. Having a spatula type applicator made it easier to shellac that baby onto my face without dirtying up the back of my hand or fingers. And so far it played rather well with my Nyx concealer and Holika Holika cotton candy powder in translucent. HOWEVERRRRR I haven't tried to build upon it since I am a little iffy on resulting in caking my foundation for satan. Maybe it is just me but I have yet to witness or experience the oxidization that people were talking about (maybe it is for darker skin tones that oxidation of the product occurs) and rests with a slightly tacky/dewy-matte appearance. It's difficult to describe the actual texture of the dried foundation because out of habit I dust my face always with a setting powder. :)

I also heard from a lot of beauty gurus from the you of tubes that the smell of this foundation is something to be wary of. That it has a scent reminiscent of wet house paint that ultimately it is disgusting/unpleasant but tolerable enough to use the foundation. The photo focus foundation does have the smell that is a little.........chemically even paint like -- for instance acrylic paints you use in making art. Buuuuuuuuut Honestly? There are other high-end brand foundations such as Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation that smell this way as well but no one tends to mention them at all. Surprise.It's tolerable and to be frank far more pleasant to deal with than some smells we get with cosmetics such as dripping in saccharine scents.

on 4/11/2017 12:07:00 AM

I walked into CVS, browsing and came upon wnw new foundation. I quickly looked for my shade, I'm a golden beige. I didn't look up for review as I knew it only cost less than $6 so it wouldn't really matter if I did like it or not. Love the packaging and the spatula. But I do noted a scent but it quickly disappears after applying. I applied it with my beauty blender and I loved the flawless, natural finish look. I definitely would recommend this!

on 4/7/2017 7:03:00 PM

For starters, I have very dehydrated skin. I don't have any flakey patches or specific dry areas, just all around parched kind of look. The first day I tried this, it stayed on well throughout the ENTIRE day, except the nose area. It didn't feel heavy on my skin, but it was the type of foundation where when you touched your face....you think "oh sh*t, I'm going to ruin my makeup" you know? It was heavy without feeling heavy. The second time, I use the Artis Oval 7 brush (first time was a beauty sponge) and it emphasized my pores, looked heavy and dry. This is partially due to my dry skin so take it with a grain of salt. I even mixed it with LA Girl's illuminating foundation. I will play around with this more but my first impression was that it was better than expected, just not ideal after the second use. It was worth the money and much better than Loreal Pro Glow!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation. After the popularity surrounding this foundation, I had to try it. I have dry skin, with some acne scarring. The packaging is quite nice, with a glass bottle and spatula applicator. The spatula makes it easy to apply the proper amount. The foundation itself is quite liquid, yet sets quickly. It is easy to blend, and lasts a long time. This foundation acts like a more expensive foundation, yet costs less than $5.00. I recommend this foundation to anyone with dry skin, in need of coverage.

on 4/7/2017 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I never saw this one coming, but…despite the breakouts, I actually like this.

Desert Beige is the perfect match for my NC40-42 skin, whereas other foundations were too yellow/orange or gave me a grayish cast. This formula doesn't oxidize on me--it stays true to tone, in both natural and indoor lighting. Lightweight on my skin, yet full-coverage, I don't even realize my skin is suffocating; one week in, my cheeks were covered in 1mm fleshtone bumps. I apply with a beautyblender and haven't needed to set with powder.

I haven't been able to find a replacement for my HG Skin79 Bronze BB (my perfect skin match), so despite the breakouts, and at an easy price, this does the job for now.

on 4/5/2017 12:39:00 PM

Clings to dry patches, application is hard to get even and blend, oxidizes, very minimal wear time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

If you have sensitive or acne-prone skin I wouldn't recommend this at all. I have acne scarring and it takes a few layers to have full coverage. It's easy for this foundation to look cakey. I had high hopes for this foundation, but it broke me out BAD. I'm upset because I've worked hard and stuck to a regimen to make my skin clear again. Unfortunately, this foundation ruined that. I blame myself because this was so cheap to buy ($5). I should've known better.

on 4/2/2017 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the packaging of this foundation.
The actual product not so much. Its not a terrible foundation but its not that good.
It does have a really good coverage,I would say full,but it looks cakey specially if youre wearing primer under it.
It never really sets no matter how much powder I use,it feels sticky,and makes me oily
I could see this working on dry or normal skin maybe,I wouldnt recommend it for oily skin

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Well...I will say I like this a lot better than their previous Coverall foundation (which I hated). Photo Focus has some good and bad points. I do think this is going to be one of those products where people either go rabid bashing it OR they absolutely rave about it.

The Photo Focus reminds me a lot of Loreal's True Match with perhaps a little bit more slip to it. I prefer it to the True Match, which isn't saying much. I see a lot of people comparing this to Revlon Colorstay but honestly that may only be due to the paint scent. This is lighter coverage and a more liquid-y consistency than the Colorstay.

I would consider Photo Focus to be medium coverage. It definitely covers more than I assumed it would. I bought the palest shade - Porcelain. This shade is about NC10 applied by oxidizes to NC15ish. Honestly that's still paler than a lot of the lighter shades in drugstores so I can't complain. Keep in mind the NC stands for "not cool", meaning it's warm toned. I find this is more yellow-y than straight up warm. The deeper warm shades seem more orange based though, your mileage may vary.

I have oily skin and although this applies relatively demi-matte, I found it lacks any oil control. As the day goes on it gets greasy. :( I can see a layer of oil form within hours and it pools into my pores. On the other hand it seems to accentuate dry patches so those with very dry skin should either double up on the moisturizer first, or skip Photo Focus altogether.

I made this work for me by: 1. applying a hydrating sunscreen primer first and 2. mixing a tiny bit of my favorite suuuuuper matte foundation in (Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse). *If* you can find a way to make this work for you, it's totally worth it. I think its a good (not great..just good..which is better than most in my book) foundation.