essence Pure Nude Highlighter

essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.5

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

YES, YOU NEED THIS. It is in the $3 range at ulta and comparable, if not more beautiful, than the hourglass ambient lighting powders. It is so gorgeous and natural, and it looks very "lit from within" versus the metallic/powdery look. There is a big amount, and the packaging feels sturdy. Overall--one of the best highlighters on the market! Super creamy and pigmented. Check out swatches in this review video:

This is just so beautiful. I was considering buying a Becca highlighter, but was browsing the drugstore and found this highlighter for $5.49 CAD and thought I would try it out. It's so subtle and makes me look so healthy and lit from within. I'm so glad I didn't spend money on a Becca highlighter!

on 5/26/2017 12:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

So i bought into the hype after so long.. i already own wnw reserve your cabana, the other raved about inexpensive subtle highlight, but since this is so talked about I HAD TO TRY IT cuz im a makeup hoarder i need to stop omg..

This is 5.49 CDN. So this only comes in one shade, be my highlight, i think is the name. Its a bit dark for my fair skin but blended out it works.

Its actually really really beautiful. I dont find it emphasizes pores at all. Its a beautiful glow that doesnt look like i just put highlighter on my face, it looks like i am just glowing. I think i like this more than wet n wilds reserve your cabana. I like that one too, this one just has a bit stronger glow while people can use wnw as a setting powder.
If you think you have way too many highlighters and dont need this... YOU NEED IT ANYWAYS!!!!
[sorry for my bad typing I am too lazy to care about grammar]

on 5/26/2017 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Bought this based on what I had seen here and on youtube, and it's not bad. For the price (around $5), it's certainly worth trying - the packaging is sturdy and there's ample product. But it's not my favorite Ulta/drugstore highlighter. For me it isn't quite light enough - I'm pretty pale and it doesn't really brighten or highlight for me. It doesn't look terrible but it just doesn't achieve what a highlighter should. It doesn't really add a glow; if anything it's a little closer to a bronzer. I suspect that it's meant to be subtle, so for the right skin tone this might be a great day-to-day product for a natural sort of glow, but on me it's just another layer of powdered product which I fear runs the risk of emphasizing flaws, dulling my complexion, etc. In this price range, I am a bigger fan of Makeup Revolution's baked highlighter, which is available in multiple shades.

This product looked muddled on my face, instead of making my skin look dewy or glowing. I have huge pores, and this emphasized them. It was a pretty color, with plenty of product for the low price. It does look FABULOUS on my decollete! Give it a powerful all-over glow that I love in the summertime!

on 5/23/2017 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

ESSENCE, PLEASE COME OUT WITH A LIGHTER SHADE. THAT WOULD BE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PRODUCT THAT I WILL EVER LAY MY EYES ON. Okay but this highlighter. The amount of sheen is PERFECT. TRULY no glitter or shimmer. Just an amazingly smooth and wet glow. HOW?! how is that possible?? I don't know, but I hope essence makes a lighter shade because this highlighter looks too dark on my cheeks if i put even just a little too much. I mix it with essence eyeshadow in snowflake, apricotta or grammy goes glammy to make it paler. Then, it's perfection. BUT PLEASE ESSENCE!! I WOULD TOTALLY GIVE YOU MONEY FOR A LIGHTER SHADE. I WOULD NAME MY FIRST BORN AFTER YOUR COMPANY. PLEASE. please

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product is everything I've been looking for in a highlight but never could find high-end. I don't really like a blinding highlight for everyday but I do love looking glowy and radiant as I have dry skin. This highlight is so natural and doesn't emphasize texture on my skin at all.

This product is really unique. It looks deeper in the pan, similar to the champagne pop colour, but it applies to the skin as just sheen with almost no colour and no real shimmer in it. It just brings life back into your face without making it look obvious that you're wearing makeup. There is really no wrong way to apply this but i find a small tapered brush really defuses the product nicely on the skin and makes it look even more natural and transparent. I wear this pretty much every day to work.

Even if I do want a more blinding highlight, I find I can use this on places like the nose, forehead and chin and then place a more intense highlight just to the cheekbones. I doubt I'll ever run out but if I do I'd repurchase this in a heartbeat.

on 5/15/2017 2:52:00 PM

I LOVE this highlighter! I wear this on a daily basis to work. It certainly gives a subtle, beautiful glow to your skin. I would say that it's not something I would wear for a very "POW" highlight, but it is perfect for a lit from within glow. Plus this is pretty cheap for the amount you get! I have The Balm's highlighting trio and I find I reach for this more than the trio for an everyday look. I think this is definitely HG everyday highlight for me.

I will start with one important thing and that is: if you are the kind of person who loves bold highlighters that literally blind you this product is NOT for you and you will be disappointed if you purchase it.
However, if you are into healthy glows and subtle no-makeup makeup looks you will definitely love this little treasure. It gives the prettiest neutral glow suitable for both warm and cool toned skin types and you can apply it literally all over your face without looking like a flashlight. It is very subtle so you might want to add a different stronger highlighter on top of it in places like cheekbones or the cupid's bow.
Some people might feel like it doesn't show up on their face which I have also experienced but this is related to artificial lightning (which most people use when doing their makeup). Once you step outside you WILL see it although it is subtle.
The packaging is ok and the price is absolutely fantastic. I usually apply it with a fan brush and I use it almost daily.

on 5/5/2017 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Let me just start off with saying that I've got a caramel complexion and highlighting is not my strong point. I heard that this was a good subtle highlighter and when I was in Ulta, I saw it and really debated on buying this. I'm very glad I did. With light strokes using a small fluffy brush, I got that natural highlight that just took my makeup looks to a whole new level. This is a great highlight for natural looks!