LORAC PRO Palette

Filtered by skin type : Dry
LORAC PRO Palette
Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.4

I'm going to be a downer, and I think I'm just too picky.

I use it all the time, but mostly just because I spent so much money on it that I feel obligated to use it. I never get particularly excited about using it.

The eyeshadows are way too soft. I feel like I'm wasting a ton of the already small shadows by the cloud of powder that spills everywhere whenever I even lightly dip a brush into one.

The shadows look pigmented when swatched, but they're so soft and powdery that there is tons of fallout. If you tap off the brush to avoid fallout, all the eyeshadow is gone and there's none left on the brush to apply to your eyelid.

Then when you try to blend them, because they're so soft, all the pigment disappears and it all just blends into a muddy-looking blur.

I wish I had returned it when I had the chance.

on 10/23/2013 5:06:00 PM

It is a very nice palette with a good variety of colors. The colors have great pigmentation BUT i ALWAYS have a hard time blending the darker colors like the black and deep purple. I BARELY dab my brush into the color and once i place it onto my eye, its SOOO hard to blend and i have to be super be careful to not make mistakes. 1 lippy off for that. I wish the dark colors were easier to blend. the colors are also pretty dusty and make a mess. Very nice palette otherwise.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

HG eyeshadow palette! By far my go to and most used!

For xmas 2013 there were soo many awesome kits and palettes floating around- so hard to choose. I was stuck between the Carried Away set by Tarte and Too Faced's Shadow Bon Bons. But the Lorac Pro was a constant want, and seeing as how I don't have the Nakeds 1 and 2 or the Naked Basics, I figured this would be a good nude palette dupe. Its more than that and I couldn't be happier with it!
Pros: Cheaper than the Nakeds, has luxue, creamy shadows and silky mattes, sleek, lightweight package with magnetic enclosure, easy to store and flip up and use, has everything you need! You get jewel toned smokey shades, and a ton of neutrals. I love the mattes on the top and use those the most. White, Cream and Light Pink make great lid and highlight colors, as do the shimmers Nude and Champagne on the bottom row. I love the uniqueness of Mauve and its versatility- smokey eye blend out/crease. Taupe is a great smokey eye blender shade and I use Taupe at the brow base with Sable in the middle and Espresso at the tail. Ta Da! Perfect brows! Espresso is great for a brown liner and Black is a perfect smokey eye base or liner. Sable is wonderful for soft smokey eyes. Lt. Bronze is a great lid color, Gold is great on the lower lash line, Pewter doubles as a smokey eye/crease/lid color and is super unique, and as is Garnet, which is also versatile. (Can go with Pewter or darker with Deep Purple and Slate). Deep Purple and Slate round out the palette, making it a smokey eye, as well as neutrals eye palette! Its perfect for travel, has a pretty good mirror and its been my most used palette. I just find myself compelled to play with it more and more and its so easy to pop on some shadow in the morning and it will look fool-proof. The top row of mattes look excellent with black winged liner- so you have your pin-up looks right there. Most used shades: Cream and Taupe. Most unique: Mauve, Pewter and Garnet.
Cons: There are hardly any, but I will mention that the package gets easily scuffed, even with gentle handling, so it will not remain matte black like it comes in the mail. Also, Mauve for instance is a little stiffer to work with, so if your brush is at all a little damp it will be hard to blend this shade out- or even when your brush is dry- so just take your time a little with Mauve- but the extra second or two is worth it as looks just gorgeous in the crease with some browns, or as a transition blending color. Its really a stand out shade in the palette, and I feel like a lot of palettes include shimmery roses but NOT matte mauves. All in all, love these buttery shadows- with their ease of use, and range of looks. LORAC makes insanely good shadows and this palette deserves all the hype it gets!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I hate being THAT GIRL, that one reviewer that has to blow a highly rated and raved about product out of the water with a low ranking. I already understand that I'm in the tiny minority of people who dislike this palette, but I'm hoping that anyone with similarly sensitive eyes/skin like me might find this useful. So ladies who find themselves allergic to all the things, this is for you!

I fell in love with the LORAC PRO Palette the second I swatched it at Sephora. The shadows felt buttery and gorgeous, and the pigmentation was super high. I'd already been using their Behind the Scenes Eye Primer for 6 months, and I was very curious to try more products from this brand. Every Sephora and Ulta near me was OOS when it came to this palette, which only made me that much more desperate to get my hands on it! I placed a rush order for 2 of these babies - one for me, and one for my mom, who had told me she was in need of some matte eyeshadows and a few purple-y shades. The PRO palette had both of those and more.

The first day I tried this, I was amazed by just how high the pigmentation was! I barely needed to dab at each shadow to get a ton of product. What LORAC did well here is noteworthy:

-- Listening to consumers about wanting a palette that offers true versatility. PRO is full of mattes and shimmers, highlighters and crease shades, neutrals and jewel tones, and of course most any color could be used either as a "one and done" wash or applied wet as a liner. I appreciate that LORAC offers something that could truly be an everyday/perfect travel palette, especially for cool-toned and fair girls. (The Naked palettes have always been too muddy, too shimmery, and too lacking in variety for my coloring and tastes.)

-- They offered a decent amount of product per pan, and the mini tube of BtS was just right for the price point. (For reference, my full-sized tube is slightly less than half full after half a year's use!)

-- The formula is long-lasting, easily blended, and the colors are true to pan.

However, the "soothing botanicals" (as noted by Sephora, a detail I saw after the fact) triggered an AWFUL reaction for me. I'm VERY allergic to plant-based ingredients. The online store I ordered from (Blush.com) did not mention this detail, but I feel stupid for not doing better research! In my own defense, I've never come across powder shadows that contain botanicals before, and in fact, powder eyeshadows are the one product that I've never had an issue with... until now. :(

The first day I used these, I wore them for about three hours before looking in the mirror and realizing that both my eyes looked bloodshot. They were itchy and my contacts felt foggy. I removed my lenses, stripped my entire face of makeup, and within an hour the redness subsided. The following day, the inner corner of my left eye turned a scary shade of bright red within about 20 minutes of applying the shadows in a smoky, smudgy eye look. Again, I removed everything and added some eye drops, and the problem cleared within another hour. I realized I was probably reacting to the powders, but because I'd started to fall in love with this palette, I stubbornly gave it one more try, doing a no-makeup makeup look with them the next day. BOOM. Same issue once again.

Worst of all, I had to double wash all the brushes I used with this palette. I realized that the spot cleaning I do wasn't enough to get all the powdery residue out of some of the hairs, meaning I wound up irritating my eyes again after I put the palette aside. However, once everything was properly cleaned and the palette had been taken far away from my stash, I never had another breakout. I know these eyeshadows were responsible, because again, I've used the BtS primer before, and I wasn't using any other new products at the time.

I was genuinely heartbroken about having to return the PRO palette after three days of receiving it. Nearly all of the colors worked for my NW15 skin and green eyes. I especially adored Mauve (matte cool rose-purple), Espresso (matte cool deep brown), Champagne (sparkly, gorgeous nude highlighter), Garnet (shimmery red-based gold with a slight duochrome quality), and Deep Purple (shimmery blue-based royal purple). I'm trying to find dupes for all of these shades right now.

This product received 2 stars because if I hadn't had an allergic reaction, my score would have easily been a 5. I still think the price is right for the product you receive, the versatility is wonderful, and the eye primer is a true winner. Also, my mother is crazy for her own PRO palette - she hasn't had a single issue and she gets compliments on it constantly. But for anyone who has sensitivity issues, particularly when it comes to plant-based ingredients, proceed with caution!

on 3/31/2013 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Awesome palette. ++ :matte shades, creamy smooth formula, all wearable shades, day and evening looks, easy to blend, more useful than Naked palettes. - - : some fallout.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I thought this would have more reviews, but people are still stuck on those Naked palettes I suppose. I have a few of those and end up never using them, and the new matte palette has too many light shades with no mid tones. On to the Lorac Pro review...I waited several months to buy it to see if it was a flash in the pan or a solid purchase. This is not a neutral palette, but all of the shades are flattering and wearable. More than a few of these shades are unique, such as the Mauve, Garnet, Pewter, and Dark Purple. The mattes are soft focus and not as dry as some brands, but it won't go on too pigmented. Mattes tend to stay where you put them but these blend nicely. The shimmer row is refined shimmer or "grown up" shimmer with no glitter. Very high end brands tend to choose this formula and I love that Lorac was thinking ahead. You won't get tacky looks from this palette. It's a good staple product that doesn't have bulky packaging. Experiment with primers, though. Some people don't like the Lorac primer and I prefer UDPP or NARS.

on 2/15/2013 12:34:00 AM

I find this palette very practical with well pigmented neutral colors, equal matte and slightly shimmered helping me to crate a nice natural eye with ease. I do find the consistency of the shadows somewhat loose and so always stay aware of fall out and shake the brush off before application to my eyes.

I particularly like the mixture of the colors in this palette and would easily take this with me if I travel for a complete look. Very nice, basic neutral eye look.

on 1/21/2013 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you are looking for a HG palette and your lids are closer to mature than young, well this is for you. I wasted $50 buying the UD Naked 2 palette only to find almost all the shadows were tooooo shimmery for my 49-year-old lids. Enter Lorac Pro Palette-half matte, half shimmer. And the shimmer is more of a satin look when applied than a metallic mess like UD was for me. There is a little fallout on some of the shimmer shades, just tap the excess off the brush before applying. These colors are all very wearable and blend like a dream. I use this palette literally every day.

on 1/21/2013 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

OMG! I'm surprise there isn't more reviews on this palette! I absolutely love this palette. When I saw that half the shades are matte and the other half are shimmer I knew I had to get it. I love that the palette is very thin and compact. The whole rubber feeling of the case isn't too much of an "awe" factor for me because it can get dirty easily. However, I love the eye shadows consistency...easily blendable and pigmented. It also comes with a sample size eye shadow primer. You definitely won't be disappointed if you invest in this. I reach for this palette practically everyday ever since I got it.

on 12/19/2012 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is a great palette to purchase if you are looking for a good starter neutral palette since you get slightly less product than average, but more color variety with the mattes and shimmers. Here are a few things I noticed:

1. This palette varies depending on where you purchase it from. Some palettes do not have all mattes on the top and all shimmers on the bottom. The WHITE color in my palette has shimmer in it so I really have 7 mattes and 9 shimmers even though the box claims that WHITE is matte. I've heard from several people who purchased this at Sephora who also had a shimmery WHITE. Even though the color is pretty, it's either a production error or false advertising.

2. The quality is good but not the best. I saw various amounts fallout with almost all colors. Some, especially the mattes, apply a bit chalky and uneven. These shadows kick up A LOT of pigment when you grab product onto your brush. I usually have to blow excess off my brush and off the palette - kind of a waste.

3. I love the light, slim packaging but rubber material it gets dirty easily. The outside is prone to smudges and wear. The inside gets dirty with pigment fallout. That might not bother some people but I like my palettes to stay neat and clean.

4. Is the better than the UD Naked palettes? Yes, in terms of color variety. No, in terms of overall quality and packaging. I like because it's perfect for travel.