L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique

3.4

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

This was my first dewy foundation. I walked into a Shopper Drug Mart and just asked the lady behind the counter to help me find a dewy foundation and this is what she recommended to me. I got it with $14 something after sale but the original price in Shoppers is around $20CD. Though Walmart does tend to have drugstore makeups at a little cheaper price.

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. My skin is naturally drying but after a few hours of any foundation, it gets oily. For this foundation, there were both good and bad sides.
I normally put a layer if foundation first, then apply my concealer ( Mac's Stydio Finish concealer in NW 25) and then go over the concealer with the foundation again so that the dry concealer doesn't show amidst the dewy skin.

Pros:
1) it really is dewy. It gives off this subtle glow when light falls on your face from an angle
2) it does look natural
3) the packaging is neat with a simple pump which is hygienic

Cons:
1) i found it difficult to match my skin color. This foundation line doesn't really have any cool colors imo
2) you cannot build it up. When I tried to, it made my face feel extremely heavy
3) it does cling to your dry patches a lot and I've gas some horrible exriences with it.
4) it turned my face into an oil mining field within the forth hour after application. Dewy than became greasy.
5) it did go a little darker (foundation oxidizes) after about four hours

It all depends up to the skin type and color tbh as you can see, my experience wasn't the best.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was actually out at rite aide to buy my maybelline fit me in 310 when i saw that for 50 cents more i cound try the loreal lumi in w6 (the product was half off!) so i also bought the primer. I have very oily skin so it does wear off around the 5th hour. But it makes my skin look so healthy and flawless. Its a bit sheer, i use 2 pumps and apply with my flat top brush and get the perfect opacity without looking cakey. My brush doesnt lease streaks after application either compared to the rimmel stay matte mousse ( it was so thick that i looked cakes and a sponge absorbed it and a brush left streaks so i would have to blend it with my fingers). I set lumi with my makeup forever setting powder and i use my naked flushed pallette for blush and contouring. I love it even though it doesnt last too long. Im still on the search for the perfect foundation for my oily skin, the search goes on but ill keep buying lumi for now.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this foundation in the darkest shade available (W6 Gold camel) at Kmart for like $10 aud on sale. I'm not quite sure about the usual price but I think here in Australia it's usually around $30 which is pretty much the average for a 'drug-store' foundation. First of all, this matched my skin perfectly, which is rare for me to find because my skin tone is very yellow toned, it didn't look one single bit ashy on me just like many other foundations. Coverage is medium but can be sheered out to light coverage or built up to full coverage. It is most definitely doesn't give a matte finish, which makes sense as it does say that it will make you look as though you have been lit from within. The foundation is not super thick but also not super thin, I would say that the consistency is a medium thickness. This would probably suit someone with dry skin a lot more than someone who has oily skin because of the dewy finish that you get. I found that I got just a bit oily around my nose but that's nothing that a little powder can fix and I would much rather be a bit oily than dry and flaky. As for the packaging, I like that it as a pump and one pump doesn't dispense too much at all, and the feel of the glass bottle is almost like a high end product. I wasn't really bothered about the scent, it didn't linger or anything and disappeared as soon as the foundation was applied, I don't think that the scent would really bother anyone. Overall it is a good foundation but I would mostly recommend it to people with dry to combo skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and I love this foundation.

This is a really great fresh-looking foundation. It really does give you a glow. I dont wear this foundation if I know I'll be out for more than 5 or 6 hours, because I know this is not going to last. It's not supposed to be long lasting though, so I don't complain.

I have the shade W7 (or G7 in asian countries) and it matches my skin perfectly. I use 153 in MUFE hd foundie and 3W2 Cashew in Estee Lauder Double Wear.

One thing to remember though, I don't think this foundation sets at all, you need to set it with powder it you want to apply powder blush or contour or whatever.

I think this foundation will be a perfect everyday foundation for dry-normal skin
Not so much for combination or oily.

I totally recommend this foundation for everyone with dry-normal skin, or whatever your skin type might be but you just need a foundation thats gonna make you look fresh and young and rested. Or sometimes, no matter what skin type you have, there are days when your skin feels so tired and dehydrated, well this foundation would be your secret weapon!

Disappointed in this product. The liquid is so thin and runny that it is difficult to get an even coverage. Considering it was so liquidous I thought it would be good for my dry skin, however it causes my skin to flake and catches on parts of my skin. It does give a nice finish, but because it is not long-lasting it needs to be set with a powder so then you lose that essence. The packaging is fine, the pump bottle is useful. The colour is not great. Like many people have said, the colour has a grey tone to it. Even with moisturiser, primer and finishing powder I just can't seem to make this product work for me.

I bought this foundation several days ago.
So, starting, I would like to point out what I look for in a foundation :
- light finish, feels like I have no foundation on
- something that would not make my pores look bigger
- not looking for a full coverage, but evening out the skintone

This product really does all mentioned above. If you require what I do, then you would be satisfied with it. However, if you are looking for a full coverage, this is not your product.
I give it 5 lippies because it's really what I was looking for a foundation and 3 lipppies for price, because, in my opinion it's a little bit expensive, considering its light formula.
Overall, I like it. I use it with Garnier 5 sec perfect blur as a primer and it gives me just the coverage I'm looking for.

Overall a good foundation. Good coverage. Easy pump packaging. I loved the glow it left on my skin. However I feel that extremely oily skin would not look very well with this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Dewy skin lovers rejoice!!

This is such a pretty foundation that really shows off your skin. It's not too shimmery that it looks unnatural (so important to me), but it adds just enough light reflection that you look nice and healthy and awake.

The coverage is solidly medium when I use my beauty blender, which is my preferred way for applying liquid foundation in general, including this one. This is great for those who like the healthy skin look, because it shows enough of my freckles to look like I have little to no makeup on, while still evening out my skin tone significantly. I do use a concealer to cover up acne and acne scars.

My biggest issue with this foundation is it's available color range. In Sweden they seem to offer only 4-6 shades, which is not a lot. Thankfully I have a close match in N1 Pure Pearl. It's a bit pink for someone who like to tone down the coolness in my skin, so sometimes I mix it with a more yellow toned foundation. But it's not a majorly pink-toned foundation at all (N being the neutral range). I'm probably around a NC15, so N1 also works for us pale gals.

I've tried so many different foundations in the past year, from different types of MAC foundations, and i've splurged on Chanel and Dior. I suffer from severe eczema and I often have acne break outs on my chin and cheeks. I found that I could not find a happy medium foundation that would suit both my eczema and acne, and found Chanel foundations to not provide enough moisture to my face, MAC making my acne worse, and Dior to be blotchy on my face. (After these experiences I was too scared to try anything else!). My mum suggested going for a cheaper option, and since purchasing L'Oreal Lumi Magique I've been so happy!!
This foundation is perfect for my skin, as the colour suits my light/olive skin. The foundation coverage is medium, but very natural looking and lasts all day!! I have noticed that it tends to get a bit oily at the end of the day, but seriously not a big deal at all.
Since using this foundation my eczema has vanished completely and I have noticed a significant decrease in my acne. I found no colour change by the end of the day either.

This cost about $30AUD from Myer in Australia, and so so worth it. For any girls struggling with finding a good colour for light skin with olive undertones I highly recommend it.
Definitely a Holy Grail product for me, and I will be purchasing again!!!

I purchased this product based on a lot of positive reviews from beauty guru's on YouTube. I have pretty normal skin, with potentially a bit of oil on my forehead. This product unfortunately made me incredibly oily within a few hours. It also oxidised on my face and turned a couple shades darker, giving off a very unflattering orange tone.

However, my mother (who has dry, mature skin) took this foundation off my hands and tried it for herself. She loved it - and it looked fantastic on her. All in all, I agree with some previous reviews in saying that this is a great product - but only for people with dry or mature skin.