Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour - Khaki

No Image

4.4

on 2/12/2012 10:21:00 AM

The Caviar Sticks have been hit-or-miss for me. Amethyst and Plum are great, but Cocoa and Khaki have been just *ok*. The concept is great, and the more blendable and buildable colors are wonderful, but what makes Khaki just ok is its texture.

The color itself is nice. It's a warm-leaning khaki (not green, not brown, but a greenish-brown) on me with a little shimmer. The shimmer is barely noticeable except in bright daylight. It's neutral enough that it would work with other neutral or warm colors.

What makes me not love this is how hard it can be to work with. It dries quickly and isn't super-easy to blend. I basically apply this right from the stick near the lashline and immediately blend with my fingers--applying with a brush as an e/s just didn't work for me, as the color didn't go on as evenly and didn't blend as well. They last a few hours, but even over a primer can crease.

While I can't say that this is a bad product, the lack of blendability and creasing make me hesitate to recommend it. It really seems that the Caviar Stick formula depends a little on the color, because I love Amethyst.

Popular Eye Shadows