Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour - Khaki

No Image

4.5

My search is now over!! Amazing product- goes on easily, yet blendable. It stays on all day without any creasing! I also have this in steel, which also goes great with my brown eyes. The plum is great, too. I thought the smoke was too glittery for my over-50 eyes. My powder eye shadows are now gathering dust!!!

on 5/24/2012 5:14:00 PM

I love the greenish-brown color of this stick and it's durability. I throw it on my entire lid when I'm running late and it makes for a slightly smokey, dramatic eye with minimal effort. Doesn't budge at all for me and you need a hearty amount of makeup remover to get it off. I'd def repurchase though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love the dark color of this - works beautifully on my dark brown eyes and the color doesn't look unnatural at all. The issue I have with it is it's very thick and soft for an eyeliner - I haven't figured out how to use it for a more natural look. Instead I use it for more dramatic looks with heavier eye makeup and then go lighter with blush and lippie. It's so thick it seems that maybe it's intended as more of a creamy shadow crayon but it was too heavy when I tried to use it in the crease. But as a dramatic-looks eyeliner I really like it and I will for sure purchase it again.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Love these! I have Khaki and Sapphire. I dot them against the upper lash line (from above) and smudge into the lash line. Makes my lashes look fuller with just a subtle amount of color. My eyes/lashes... but better :) Love!

on 2/12/2012 10:21:00 AM

The Caviar Sticks have been hit-or-miss for me. Amethyst and Plum are great, but Cocoa and Khaki have been just *ok*. The concept is great, and the more blendable and buildable colors are wonderful, but what makes Khaki just ok is its texture.

The color itself is nice. It's a warm-leaning khaki (not green, not brown, but a greenish-brown) on me with a little shimmer. The shimmer is barely noticeable except in bright daylight. It's neutral enough that it would work with other neutral or warm colors.

What makes me not love this is how hard it can be to work with. It dries quickly and isn't super-easy to blend. I basically apply this right from the stick near the lashline and immediately blend with my fingers--applying with a brush as an e/s just didn't work for me, as the color didn't go on as evenly and didn't blend as well. They last a few hours, but even over a primer can crease.

While I can't say that this is a bad product, the lack of blendability and creasing make me hesitate to recommend it. It really seems that the Caviar Stick formula depends a little on the color, because I love Amethyst.