Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

AQUA/WATER, ORYZA SATIVA CERA/RICE BRAN WAX, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CANDELILLA CERA/CANDELILLA WAX, GLYCERIN, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, ACACIA SENEGAL/ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, CETYL ALCOHOL, SILICA, PANTOTHENOL, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYETHYLENE, SODIUM LAURETH-12 SULFATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE SIMETHICONE, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TRISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, PROPYLPARABEN, RAYON. [ /- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CI 77007/ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 77288/CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289/CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742/MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510/FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], F.I.L. D46284/2.

on 4/27/2012 8:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Hmmm. I don't know much about mascaras, so this review will be brief and pretty useless. I got this because of all the raves about The Falsies, and the reviews for Falsies Flared were on the whole good too ... in terms of formula: I have medium-long, slightly curved, but sparse lashes, and these do not make them look 'full' by any means. It DOES make them look quite dramatic, in that it has a noticeable lengthening effect, a bit of volume, and lots of darkness. Overdoing the layers definitely makes them a bit clumpy and stringy, BUT this formula is more resistant to that than many others on the market. However, the fibers in this formula definitely stick to your lashes, making them look flaky and ..chunky..weird. Not smooth. I found it better layered over Revlon Photoready 3D [which I am not impressed with on its own] for its lengthening effect.

My number one complaint and reason for writing this review, however, is the SMELL. It's awful! Okay, I am not at all sensitive to smells, and normally don't mind whatever my cosmetics smell like. But this stuff is going SUSPICIOUSLY CLOSE TO MY EYES. It's been a while since I've applied it, and I can still smell the heavy rose-smell . From my eyelashes! That's ghastly. Don't get me wrong, I love rose smell - the fresh kind that you put in perfumes. But thisss..ohhh this .... artificial plastic floral monstrosity. Argh.

on 4/27/2012 5:40:00 PM

I saw this and I thought it was going to be as great as the waterproff formula I love so much. It is not. I don't know if I got a bad one but it smells horrible, like melted plastic. It's so heavy it makes my lashes straight facing down. It's impossible to remove, you can get it out of your lashes, but you'll have black residue all over!
I don't like it, I'm not buying it again, in fact, I already threw the one I had.

okay just bought this here are pros and cons:
Its washable and GREAT!
Pros:
-it feels comfortable
-minimum clumping
-holds a curl
-makes lashes feel somewhat longer
-great price
-cute bottle
-Washes off easily, not breaking lashes just with water!

Cons:
-FLAKES!
-very dry
-smells funny
-very little formula
-leaves a darkish residue after removing it

Overall it was good! But I personally recomend trying Falsies original FIRST if you are new to the falsies line:) because the falsies orignal has no chocolate smell and the stick is basic...

on 4/5/2012 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This gave my lashes volume and flare despite a few clumps that I worked out. I'm sure the impact would have been even more profound if I'd taken the time to curl my lashes. I wouldn't purchase this again simply because there are so many more mascaras I'd like to try.

on 4/3/2012 2:24:00 PM

This is my new everyday mascara FOREVER!

Went from L'Oreal Lash Out to Bobbi Brown Party Mascara to Maybelline Volume Express, until I found this one, that is!

My cousin had this on during the holidays & I literally thought she was wearing strip lashes b/c her lashes looked so amazing.

Tried it for myself & while you always have to let a mascara "thicken" for about a week when you first start using it before it really does the trick, this mascara does wonders for my eyes.

I take the wand out once, go back & forth between each side 3 times while they're still wet, then dip it in once again & give a final layer to each side & my lashes look amazing.

I wear black liquid liner, but work at a conservative job, so while I like that retro look, strip lashes for day would be way too much for me. This mascara gives me the best of both worlds - retro glam for every day...

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This is the best mascara I have ever found, and I have tried literally dozens, both high and low end, over the years. I picked it up purely on a whim as I used to love Full'n'Soft, now unavailable in the UK, and Boots does not sell Definicils. For information, I have medium length, fine eyelashes. The brush does always need wiping, and I coat the top of my upper lashes once as well as the undersides. I brush up several times, redip the wand and apply another coat. The result is just amazing - I actually cannot believe it! My eyelashes get volume, length and that curved upwards look, all fanned out. They really do look almost like false eyelashes, but in a good way false - like my own eyelashes have improved ten-fold. If I hadn't tried this, i would never have believed it! No clumping, or smearing or migration, lasts all day and comes off with warm water. Will never buy anything else again and can't mark it too highly. Best beauty product I have found in a long time! :-)

on 3/21/2012 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't know if it's just my sensitive nose but this stuff smells weird! It kind of smells like flowers, specifically roses. When I first purchased this last year I honestly thought I had a defected one because of the cut in the wand, so I tried it and didn't like it so I threw it away. Now, a year later, I decided to give it another shot and repurchased it. Surprisingly the cut in the wand was NOT a defect, silly me. I still didn't like the smell and it does absolutely nothing for my lashes. This stuff can't hold a curl if it's life depended on it. As soon as I apply it on it quickly weighs down my lashes and has them fall flat.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I wa exited when I bought this but then when I curled my eyelashes I put this in and the next thing I know my eyelashes are all straight this also clumps up allot and flakes off...from now on I'm sticking to my Clinique curling mascara

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I actually had wanted to try this for a while, and at first bought the falsies black drama volume kind. I was really excited to try the falsies flared and it really works! I've been asked while wearing them if my lashes were fake! However, a whole bunch of product comes out on the applicator, therefore clumps. This mascara works just fine for me, because I have normal length thick lashes, but I would like looong ones, so this gives a slight boost when it comes to keeping the curl.

on 2/22/2012 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I wanted to try this cause I really liked original falsies, unfortunately I dont have much of a review since after the 3rd use it dried out ridiculously and was useless