Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

AQUA/WATER, ORYZA SATIVA CERA/RICE BRAN WAX, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CANDELILLA CERA/CANDELILLA WAX, GLYCERIN, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, ACACIA SENEGAL/ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, CETYL ALCOHOL, SILICA, PANTOTHENOL, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYETHYLENE, SODIUM LAURETH-12 SULFATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE SIMETHICONE, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TRISODIUM EDTA, METHYLPARABEN, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, PROPYLPARABEN, RAYON. [ /- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CI 77007/ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 77288/CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289/CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742/MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510/FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], F.I.L. D46284/2.

on 3/10/2012 8:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I can't believe this mascara doesn't have higher reviews! I get complimented on my eyelashes all the time since I started using Falsies Flared. It does exactly what the name implies. My eyelashes literally curl right up and flare out. The only thing I caution is to not use more than two coats. It tends to get spidery with over-application. Def my HG mascara!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The falsies flared builds volume very quickly. It does seem to lengthen very slightly, but for me, there's much more emphasis on volume. With continuous strokes of the brush, the volume builds very quickly. You really only need a few sweeps and you'll be done - otherwise you'll risk your lashes clumping together. It is definitely a clumpy mascara.
My lashes did dry pretty quickly and it's very difficult to comb through your lashes with a lash comb, unless the mascara is still wet. But I did like the end result. I really did get a decent amount of volume with slight curl and it looked very pretty.
Lastly, this mascara ended up flaking on me if I have used a lash comb and without. The small flakes that fell under my eyes without notice then smudged. I did not notice until I wash washing my hands in the mall bathroom and looked in the mirror I was like wtf since my mu was applied before leaving to go to the mall. So for me this starting flaking rather quickly. I tried it a few more times and the same thing happend so I gave up due to flaking and making this darker under my eyes. I also had slight ichy eyes the few times I tried this I think from the flaking irritating my eyes and contacts,I'm guessing.
I overall loved the way this mascara made my lashes look but I will not re-purchase due to all the flaking issues. I just can't try it again and do that to myself, I won't.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I wa exited when I bought this but then when I curled my eyelashes I put this in and the next thing I know my eyelashes are all straight this also clumps up allot and flakes off...from now on I'm sticking to my Clinique curling mascara

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I actually had wanted to try this for a while, and at first bought the falsies black drama volume kind. I was really excited to try the falsies flared and it really works! I've been asked while wearing them if my lashes were fake! However, a whole bunch of product comes out on the applicator, therefore clumps. This mascara works just fine for me, because I have normal length thick lashes, but I would like looong ones, so this gives a slight boost when it comes to keeping the curl.

BEST MASCARA EVER. lengthening, volumizing and it holds it's shape. I love the brush as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I hate this mascara. My friends wear the regular Falsies and their lashes are amazing, so I thought Flared would be even better. It sucks. The formula is dry and make my lashes tilt down instead of lifting them up. I got a little bit of volume and no length. It also had a weird chemical smell that the regular Falsies doesn't have. I will most definitely not repurchase

I didn't absolutely LOVE this mascara, but i would definitely buy it again. It gives a decent amount of volume, and some length, but i feel like sometimes it doesn't hold a curl very well. On the upside I didn't notice any flaking or smudging. I think it really only works for people who already have long and relatively full lashes, and just enhances them. For people who have sparse and short lashes, this mascara may not be for you.

on 1/12/2012 3:04:00 PM

I like this mascara, I like the flare effect (I have no idea if the other varieties of Falsies work or not) - but I got the Flared because it was the most dramatic......

It definitely helps lengthen but can clump and look spidery if too much is applied.

The wand is SUPER WEAK! That's my only pet peeve with this product.

To get excellent lashes, I use this first, then use another sturdier wand to comb the lashes out ... apply another layer, repeat, repeat until you're happy with the amount ... if you use this with another wand/comb, it looks great!

on 1/8/2012 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

To be honest, I bought this because I was looking for a cheap thrill mascara from the d/s. And this was around 7 dollars, so I bought it. The packaging is adorable, and thats the only thing I like about it really.
I have NEVER gotten spider lashes as quickly as I have with this mascara. It was ridiculous. I tried multiple ways of layering, wearing one coat alone, etc. The only thing that worked was one single, no layering at all, natural coat. Then I let it dry fully and went in again with the mascara. It wasn't too bad, but I am not a fan. Plus, the smell is horrific.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tried this in hopes it would perform better than the original falsies which I loved. It did not. It's pretty terrible in fact because it clumps and gives that horrible spider lashes look. It also irritated my eyes and I can't stand the horrible chemical roses scent.