Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Mascara

Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Falsies Mascara

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

I picked up this mascara because it was on sale for about $5. It is a decent mascara. My eyelashes are naturally really long and full so I just wanted a little for oomph and this mascara delivered it. However, it lengthened my eyelashes more than it volumized them, and I like to add a little more volume than length so I took off a lippie. The brush is a traditional brush that has a spoon shape that makes it easy to cup your eyelashes. It is very pigmented, but sometimes flakes slightly during the day but nothing major. I'm not a fan of the purple packaging, but it's the product that matters. Overall this is a pretty decent mascara.

on 6/26/2015 1:18:00 PM

Major clumps! I have short Asian eyelashes and this mascara gave me spider lashes. My daughter, who has long and naturally curly lashes, does like it though. She only uses one coat.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Waterproof version: It clumps, and the wand isn't the best for me - too unsteady. Okay volume, not something to be rave about… and definitely not like falsies effect. The colossal is much better

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this mascara for about 6 months. Previously, I used Loreal Lash Out for years and I loved it and never found a mascara to replace it that would properly build my lashes. They are short and blonde. I bought the regular Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies mascara not the waterproof version.

This mascara lengthens and is buildable with adding more coats. Lasts all day but, toward the end of the day, it had been flaking on me. The brush is odd but I worked with it. It was working for me until one day when I went to the store when I ran out. They were out of this mascara so I tried Almay One Coat Multi-Benefit Mascara.

I must say that the Almay One Coat Multi-Benefit Mascara blows this mascara away. The brush is not quirky, it lasts all day, lengthens, adds volume (and I don't need as many coats) and at the end of the day, I am not rubbing my eyes from the flaking. So consider the Almay mascara instead.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a very good waterproof mascara for the price, very good color delivery and wear, this is a repeat buy for me and is far far better than rocket volume express.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This the most average mascara ever. It's not bad but it doesn't do anything phenomenal either.

Pros:
-Adds volume
-Lengthens somewhat
-Holds a curl pretty well.
-Nice, curved brush
-Not pricey

Cons:
-Dries out pretty fast

That's all I have to say about this one.

on 5/6/2015 9:22:00 AM

Maybelline Falsies Mascara was the first mascara I had ever possessed, I had just started getting into make-up and I kind of had high hopes about the product. Sad to say I do not like it at all. Here are my thoughts... :)

1. The packaging is pretty unique. Same goes for the other mascaras. No complaints about it.

2. The color pay-off of what the product claims to be is alright. If it says it's black, it is black. The downside was that the first few times I tried it on it was already kind of clumpy. :(

3. The brushes made my lashes look spidery and clumps were pretty much everywhere. :(

Overall, I won't purchase this mascara in the future. I wasn't pleased with the outcome. :(

Comes out very thick, you have to scrape it a few times and be careful to not let it get too cakey! Nice Deep rich color, though, and the purple bottle is fun, just very thick coming out, needs a filter.

Does the job, and it's not pricey! Also doesn't budge throughout the day but still easy to take off with a make up remover. Dries out my lashes though!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have gone through so many mascaras from $2 to $50! The Falsies is where it is at. I love this mascara. Even though it is not "waterproof" I assure you this mascara does not budge. I have constant watery eyes but I never get the dreaded raccoon mask. You cannot beat this mascara at this price point. It holds a curl beautifully, it lasts all day, it thickens and lengthens eye lashes, and it doesn't run!

My only complaint is that it makes my lashes very stiff. However, for the price this is a 5 star product!