Essie Chinchilly

Essie Chinchilly
ChinchillyChinchilly

4.6

on 2/2/2013 9:17:00 PM

A friend gave me this because she was trying to break me out of my light pink/nude shades only rut. Although I am quite pale, this is a pretty, pale shade of grey that looks flattering against my skin. I topped it with a silvery glittery she gave me for sort of a disco ball look and it really looks nice. Essie polishes always have a good formula in my experience - smooth, no bubbles, dries fairly quickly and two or three coats (depending on your desired level of opaqueness) works great. Chinchilly is a great shade for those who love grays or don't know that they do yet!

on 1/30/2013 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

After testing nearly every neutral shade on the Essie stand in Boots I eventually went for Chinchilly and am very happy with the decision. Outside of the fluorescent lighting in the store the colour was much greyer than I originally thought. Natural lighting brings out a slight lavender undertone which adds another element to the shade whist still remaining unobtrusive enough to suit any occasion. The polish includes the usual extra wide brush which I love but others can find more difficult to use especially on narrower nails. I found that 2 - 3 coats were needed for a real opaque coverage and with base and top coats the polish lasted for a good 4 days with minimal tip wear.

on 1/23/2013 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a jelly-creme polish that dries to a gray with a touch of lavender. I feel like the sheerness of the polish really adds a feminine touch to a color that would otherwise be very industrial. I love that you can wear this color from fall through spring, since there is a little touch of purple in there.

Formula is thin and translucent, I used 3 thin coats plus a top coat for extra shine. Love it!

on 1/8/2013 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Probably my favourite nail polish I own, for the price it was totally worth it. I own many other nail polishes by Essie (with mixed feelings) but this one was amazing. It is a very sophisticated colour, and looks good at any occasion - it is also so smooth, quick drying very ungloopy. I love it - highly recommend it!

on 1/5/2013 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

no me gusta- not for me. IT's too boring.

on 12/27/2012 9:49:00 PM

This is a really prety grey nail polish I came across this at my local Rite-Aid and I figured since a lot of my outfits include a grey element I thought this would be perfect and turns out it was. :)
I would reccomend this to everyone.

Only complaint I had with this is that you have to apply many coats to achieve the complete color.

I LOVE this colour! I get compliments whenever I wear this nail polish. It's a nice neutral grey and I find like almost all Essie polishes it is of fantastic quality. I only have to apply 2 coats.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This polich was an impulse buy! I have seen Essie colors ALL OVER PINTEREST and thought I'd finally give it a try. I'm a Florida girl, so light pinks and peaches are my usual, summery type color. This is a big change for me, but it went on like butter! It's super smooth - I don't even think I'll need a topcoat. Overall, I'm really happy with it. For $8, it was worth it. I'd rather pay $8 for a decent nail color that goes on easily than a $40 manicure.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this shade. I agree with all reviews below: opaque with 2 coats, universally flattering shade, office-friendly, and it always seems to be in season each fall. If I had to choose only 5 polishes from my 70-polish collection to keep, this would be one of those 5.

Amazing neutral shade-a subtle yet dynamic gray. Worth it!

Popular Polishes