4.6

price range

Reviews

3.0

a year ago

This is a grayish color with a hint of purple. Pretty and goes on smooth. A tad bit dull when dry but a unique color

About reviewer (1040 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

a year ago

This is a conservative easy grey purple minky neutral color! My opinion is a dupe for Sally Hansen Commander in Chic. Both wear nicely and last a great length. 2 coats is perfect! Then top coat of Sally's Kwik.

About reviewer (111 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

a year ago

I have this on even as I type this review. Long one of my favorite nail polish colors, Chinchilly is a great color for all year wear. It has subtle shimmer to it and is a taupish color that is very flattering to my pasty white skin color. I wear my nails short most of the time but vary my polish. This is always in my collection.

About reviewer (484 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

2.0

2 years ago

lavendar mid-putty grey Pros: - neutral - for conservative work environment - elegant - better for NC20 and lighter - non-streaky after two coats - small bottle for easy storage; brush is small enough for small nails but wide enough for non-streaky application Cons: - too muddy and darkening on my NC25-30 yellow skintone

About reviewer (229 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3.0

3 years ago

I love the color, this is my absolute favorite for the the transition into fall. However, even with a base coat, 3 applications of polish (it is a bit thin and streaky) and a topcoat, it still chipped quickly, I would expect more from a $7+ bottle of polish. I will definitely shop for a dupe and try another brand, hopefully Revlon has a copycat color as over the last 30 years of doing my own nails, Revlon is still my favorite polish for color saturation, wearability, and price point (if on sale). Anyone know of a tried and true dupe?

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

3 years ago

I can't believe i haven't reviewed this yet. It is one of the few bottles of nail polish that I finished totally and went back for another bottle. It is one of my favorite colors against my medium olive skin. It's somewhere in the greige family but with a hint of mocha. I have to be so careful with those colors as they can wash me out but this one really enhances my complexion. In the summer, neutral manicure shades like pale pink, nude and whitish can look a little more contrasty on me. This has the same sort of neutrality and sophistication to it, but is much more flattering on me. I have not found any dupes for this and if they ever discontinue it, I'm buying all the bottles I can find. It is one of my top 3 favorite colors of all time.

About reviewer (307 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3 years ago

I've had this color for years, but never really wore it, but decided to give it a go after trying "Sand Tropez" and not liking it at all (with my skin tone). This is a great purple grey. I didn't think I'd like it - but once applied, I loved it. I do not think that the Essie site description is correct - I wouldn't call this a granite gray at all - def. has purple tones. Even my boyfriend thought so. Only downside - it took a full 3 coats to get a decent full coverage opacity. After two coats on my two index fingers, you could still see streaks and some nail peeking through - this was even with a base coat, and one nude coat underneath! Three coats worked great - and then I topped it with a shine coat. Unfortunately, I have a tiny chip on one index nail already - and it's hasn't even been 24 hours. :( I'm rough with my hands/nails, so it takes a LOT for a nail polish to not chip. However, I love the color and the rest of the nails are holding up, so I may just touch up the spot and see how it does for a full week. Love the color though. FYI- Mochacino is Chinchilly with glitter.

About reviewer (437 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Glad I finally decided to buy this color! Not sure what took me so long. I tested a bunch of gray/grayish Essie polishes at Walgreens last night and ended up not buying any of them bc I couldn't decide. I had a different color on each finger and when I looked at the colors with fresh eyes this morning, chichilly was by far my favorite. I just used it on my fingers and toes and can't stop staring at it. Loooove this color!

About reviewer (79 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

from

4 years ago

My fave nreutral polish...i wear it year round honestly its a beautiful chich color.. i get complimemts on it. Looks great on dark skin nw45 for reference

About reviewer (100 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

4 years ago

I love Chinchilly! It is a beautiful cool toned greige, more grey than your standard taupe colour. It applies evenly and easily, opaque in two coats and has excellent staying power. It dries quickly and is very chip resistant, like most of my other Essie polishes. This is a very chic colour which is ideal in Autumn but can be worn all year round with the right outfit. It is a classy colour which I also think would be work appropriate. A lovely colour and a great formula, what more do you want?! This is a cult shade and I can definitely see why, and I would recommend that others try it.

About reviewer (740 reviews)

Age19-24