MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

on 1/2/2018 11:28:00 AM

This powder is just OK. I use it a lot because it's cheap. But it's certainly not the best out there. It's pretty good at absorbing oil, but kind of dries out my skin and makes it look very powdery. Also creates flashback in photos with flash and makes me appear super white. I also go through it very quickly. I probably go through a box a month with somewhat regular use, which negates the moderate pricing.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the best setting powder I've used so far. But it still doesn't get 5 stars as it's not perfect for my needs, but still closer than anything else I've tried!

Pros:
*Easy to blend
*Finely milled
*Doesn't cake!
*Doesn't make me look older like other powders
*Blurs large pores
*You get a lot of product
*Wears well and can be layered (when the oil comes through on my face it doesn't look bad after or ruin the rest of my makeup)

Cons:
*Looks horrid in flash photos
*Expensive (well *I* think it is)
*Bad packaging (you have to tape the holes!)
*Not travel friendly at all
*Can be messy (and I'm afraid to inhale it!)
*Is.Not.Invisible! (I'm a MAC NC 35-40 and I can see a white cast even after blending a lot but it goes away when the oil in my face comes through)
*Doesn't control my oily face all day (even with primer underneath)
*I have to apply twice the amount (previously I was only using a dab all over my face and I got shiny 2 hours later - I figured out I have to use much more than I thought to get it to last for around 6 hours)

Even with those cons, I will still use it up and will most likely repurchase as I haven't seen anything better (and cheaper) in the drug store. Maybe I'll try UD's Mattifying Powder or get this but the pressed compact version instead.
If my review helped you, click yes below!

on 6/24/2010 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

So I bought this as I thought it would do my very oily/acne prone skin good.

This is a good setting powder, makes my face look flawless - minimizes the look of pores as I have some visible ones. And this effect only lasts me for two hours. Most powders I use already minimizes my pores. On the positive side, it looks great on pictures, doesn't look chaky or flaky.

Oil control - this is no good for oil control. I have oily skin and after applying this product my skin would get oily after 2-3 hours. It looks dewy but I can feel that it's oily. When I touch my face, some of my foundation comes off and its weird that when I touch my face it feels sticky.. :S About 4-5 hours later my face looks really shiny. Doesn't make my make-up last the whole day either. Oh and I blot around three - four times a day when I wear this.

Really disappointed with this product. I've just wasted 17. I'm not re-purchasing. I don't recommend this to oily skinned people. I think this product is only for normal/combination skin.

on 12/16/2009 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted this to work. but it's just not working for my skin. my skin is dry even thought I moisturize 3 times. it just makes my skin look pasty and even more dry. I really don't see a difference between this and my three dollar NYC powder. maybe after I find the perfect moisturizer, this will work for me... but right now it's not. I'm so sad. I don't want to return it because I really wanna give it another chance.. will update after i find my HG moisturizer
NOT FOR DRY SKIN.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I really don't get how people could like this product ? It feels exactly like i spent 17 pounds on a jar of cornstarch ! . Its not transparent, it looks like you have a thin layer of white powder on your face. not to mention it makes my face itch ! . no no no .

on 2/4/2010 4:58:00 PM

This really clung and caked on my dry spots. Made me look old and dull. No thanks!