LORAC Multi-Platinum

LORAC Multi-Platinum

4.9

After purchasing this palette, I realized just how underrated this brand is. Now, I think MAC and NARS are *really* overrated. Not that their MU isn't good, but there's too much hype in those brand.

What I like about this palette:
The shadows in this palette are smooth pigmented and easy to blend. The color selection really allows you to take a simply day time look and transform it into a sultry nighttime look. The only color that's kind of chalky is the ivory one but I don't mind because it gives me a very natural highlight.

The blush is BEST IMO. It's much more smooth than my NARS blush and more pigmented ( but it's not dark, so it gives me a natural flush. Not the I just put on blush flush). The color is a warm peachy color not cool at all.

The packaging of the palette is really nice. It's sleek but have a little bit of glam touch to it.

Improvement:

Since it's so versatile I'd like to see a slot for a e/s brush or maybe a slot for a small liquid liner. So, I can just travel with ease with this palette and not have to worry about bring an e/s brush.

on 2/21/2009 12:41:00 AM

Initially, I bought this palette for the eyeshadows Serenity and Heavy Metal. Using the former as a wash and the latter on the outside half of my eyes sold me; Heavy Metal is not available separately and even though I didn't think I'd use the other shadows, I realized that the cost of buying each independently was close enough to the price of the palette to justify its purchase.
Heavy Metal is the most becoming shadow I have. I am very selective about shadow and only wear grays and russets as accent colors. In the pan, Heavy Metal is a shimmery dove gray. On, it seems to have a slight light olive hue and a nearly wet sheen, like a cream shadow.

I didn't think I'd use the highlighter shadow, because I never highlight the brow. However, this shadow is very sheer and not too frosty and I have used it with success.

The Couture blush didn't interest me at first. I own a number of Nars blushes, but when I tried Couture I was hooked. As noted below, it is similar to several Nars colors, without the heavy glitter or the problematic chalky build-up of Orgasm.

I do not use the black shadow because I never wear black liner. The deep teal shadow is a wonderful, Ondine-like color, but not neutral enough for me.

LORAC palettes are an overall great value. My only gripe is that the colors are often not sold on their own.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I couldn't sum it up any better than the previous reviewers, if you can still get this, Pick it up! Very versatile colors from neutral to dramatic with a beautiful blush that reminds me of NARS orgasm. I like to use sapphire storm as a liner and rec. endless compliments when I do. Serenity is effortless and easily makes me look put together as an all over wash with some mascara.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Nothing makes me happier than a beautifully put-together palette! I like to chose a perfect one for each season, and this Winter belongs to LORAC Multi-Platinum!

Multi-platinum is advertised as a “modern, metallic, clutch-like palette that contains everything you need to go from real life to Red Carpet.” The palette is slightly smaller than a checkbook, packaged in cardboard and covered in a metallic silvery black etched to look like exotic skin. The LORAC brand logo is prominently displayed on a flat silver bar along the bottom. Other nice features are a strong magnetic closure and nice sized mirror under the lid.

When you lift the cover, prepare to be temporarily blinded from the bright silver interior! I imagine it’s supposed to give the same effect as the “pop” of flashing cameras or a starlette’s dressing room mirror surrounded by lights, but either way, the metallic in the description is clearly accurate.

I’ve saved the best for last. The six powder shadows and blush are buttery smooth, blend with the flick of a brush and last all day over a base. I found the pigmentation to be very good, especially with the four medium toned shadows. All are shimmery but very wearable. The lightest shadow is a cream shade and the darkest a great black flecked with silver that I wear as a liner. All the shadows are neutral or cool tones and provide the makings for the consummate smoky eye, either a daytime appropriate semi-smoky or full-on glamour smokes! The Couture blush is a neutral to warm pink, (not cool as noted on sephora.com) and is similar to NARS Orgasm or Milani Luminous. For me, these shades evoke falling snow, grey and black stormy skies shocked with silver lightning, a jolt of blue against a soft pinky peach backdrop. The perfect thing to perk your spirits on a cold blustery day!

Grab this while you can on sephora.com. $37.00.

on 1/13/2009 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

this is my first lorac palette and i love it! makes me want to buy more lorac palettes. i've only tried 4 of the colors so far...haven't tried the blue and the peach yet..but the other colors i tried gives such a pretty smokey eye. very pigmented and great buttery smooth. and the blush is gorgeous...too bad they dont' sell a single..unless i don't know about it? because i would go and buy it. gives my skin a nice peachy pink glow. wakes up my skin..especially now in the winter when i'm so pale. love it..made me a lorac convert.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This palette is beautiful. The colors are very creamy and smooth and blend very easily. They are also all very complimentary of each other and there is not one shade in there that I dislike. The blush is also a beautiful shade that I thought would be too light for me but it gave my cheeks a nice flush. They are more satin finish imho and are not overly frosty.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my first Lorac purchase ever and I love it for the holidays. It's perfect anytime of the year. The shadows are smooth and work. They actually glide across my lid like butter. I did not go to Sephora to buy it, saw it and tested every single thing in it before buying. I'm very happy with the colors and the blush. They all blend like a dream. The pigment and texture are outstanding. I will be looking into the brand more. UPDATE: Lorac is now my favorite make-up brand. When I want luxury I don't go for Chanel or Dior, it's right to Lorac. She makes products that work! They always feel good on and wear like nothing else. I'm an MUA, and I wish I had tested the brand long before I did!

This palette is absolutely perfect. Not only is it a really good deal, 6 shadows and a blush for $37, but the colors are PERFECT. I had my first success at a smoky eye using this palette, and with the shades given, it was really easy. The bluish gray, gray, and black are perfect for a smokey look, when they blend together its MAGIC:) The texture is very silky and with putting on UDPP beforehand let it stay for as long as I needed, which happened to be about 6 hours. The night I wore it I was dancing all night and was super sweaty, and the e/s didnt come off! I even accidentally rubbed my eye, and nothing came off! I love love love it. And the blush is a clone to NARS orgasm. Per-fect. No complaints.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this palette in spite of being disappointed in the Snakecharmer palette that most people love. I have croc and the other (Miss davenport?) palette and love those both so thought i'd give this a go. The colors are basically 3 light and 3 dark smokey shades, and while the darks are darker than i would typically wear, they work really well as liners. The blush is also very pretty, similar IMO to deep throat, but I believe it's the same blush that's in the davenport palette. Also, if you have other Lorac palettes the middle top row e/s is the same that's in a lot of other palettes including both croc and snakecharmer (serenity I think it is).

As a whole the palette is great of mu on the go. Same superior quality as other Lorac palettes. Packaging leaves something to be desired, unless your name is Lola, and you're a showgirl, but I can deal with that.

on 10/12/2008 9:58:00 AM

After being so disappointed with how the shadows in the Croc palette looked on me, I decided to try more LORAC shadows in cooler colors, and the Multi-Platinum palette seemed like a good one to get. You basically get 6 shadows and a blush for $37, which seems like a bargain to me (usually LORAC shadows are nearly $20 ea).

These are much better colors for me (I'm a NW20/blue eyes/blonde hair for reference) than the Croc palette. The colors are more neutral/cool (others have described them nicely below, so I won't get into details there) and great for a quick smokey eye. I do love the Sapphire Storm shade--it's a lovely metallic smokey teal shade that adds a little something extra to a smokey eye. The blush is pretty too, although I agree that it's more of a peachy pink than "a cool pink," as described on Sephora's web site.

The shadows in this one, like the Croc palette, are soft and silky and blend beautifully. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the glitter/shimmer fallout. The glitter ends up under my eyes inevitably. I can't wear this to work without feeling like I look like Diana Ross in an accountant's office, so I had to subtract a lippie for the fallout.

Overall, though, this is a good palette for creating fun weekend looks and again leaves me wanting more LORAC shadows.