Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)
AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I used this stuff several times during an experimental AHA phase. I've also tried the Alpha Hydrox lotion and cream, and of the three I guess I liked this one the best. But honestly, if I could do it over again (I am no longer interested in AHA's, but back then I was obsessed) I wish I had tried AH's gel instead, as Acne.org's AHA seems to break me out. I know this because after I stopped using it all over my face I tried using it as a spot treatment several times. Unfortunately, I'd always develop little red zits around the areas that I applied it. Ironic, 'cause the only reason I bought Acne.org's version in the first place was because both the AH cream and lotion seemed to break me out, so I thought this would be a safe bet (and this was NO IB 'cause I would stop getting those little red zits whenever I didn't use it).

But everyone's skin is different, so I'm not factoring it into the review. When I used this all over at night, I thought it was really nice--in fact, I really loved how Acne.org's version seems soothing in comparison to the other AHA's I've used. For once, I didn't wake up with all my acne marks looking all purple and angry--and that's saying something, 'cause AHAs tend to make my skin red. It must be the licorice extract--which by the way is said to be good for fading hyperpigmentation. That alone might make make you want to try it.

As far as performance goes, I thought this stuff worked just as well as the AH cream and lotion, but it IS difficult to apply and it takes way longer to sink in. It's got this odd, somewhat watery consistency that is prone to balling and peeling after it's dry, so you can't wear this under make-up. That's why I gave it a three instead of four.

This as well the the BP from acne.org are my favorite products to deal with my acne. This when combined over the BP works great. I feel as though my skin feels softer and really does ex-foliate my skin. It might Sting at first but once you build your skin up to it, its perfect. I really do think this has made my skin better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this product! It's so cheap, and the product is HUGE! Lasts forever! I use my AHA about twice per week, and it gives my skin a lovely glow. No more flakes! It moisturizes and exfoliates at the same time. Sometimes stings a little bit when it goes on, but it only last a second. It's definitely improved the acne scarring on my chin. I'm super impressed with the entire acne.org line, and I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I started using this product when I got 2 or so months into the Acne.org skin regime. At first I used it for spot treatment and then started using it every other not as my night cream. I absolutely love this stuff. It has faded acne scars that I've had for months, almost a couple years. Keep in mind these were pigment scars, so I had lots of purple/red faded dots all over my face. The tube will last you forever, too! I think I've been using this product now for 6 or 8 months and will definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 3/31/2011 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favourites from Dan/ acne.org. I didn't know how AHAs worked previous to this, but this formula truly does moisturize and exfoliate wonderfully. I will always have this on hand, as I believe it has helped clear my skin. I like to put it on after my moisturizer some nights and let it do its work. And, if I have a blemish coming in, I'll dab a bit on and it will start to go away.

Update: Now finished a round of accutane and I am using this for upkeep. A few weeks following I started to get some bumps along my jawline so I started using this again; it still proves to be an old faithful.

on 3/29/2011 10:58:00 PM

Started w/ the Treatment product, thanks to MUAers, because I was getting a new 'underneath' pimple on my chin every day for a few months in a row. Treatment worked wonders. So, my routine was Treatment for breakout and a combo of Obagi Clear and a Retanoid to fade sun damage and scars. Result was a whole bunch of crepe paper skin - but I figured that was my only choice since I had to treat the acne and spots. And heavy moisturizers break me out. Meanwhile, sister was enjoying acne.org's AHA that I picked up for her as a replacement for Paula's Choice 1% or Paula's AHA (we've tried both). I figured I didn't need the AHA since I thought Obagi/Retanoid was making me peel a good deal. Uh, wrongo. I placed an order for acne.org's AHA and in two days, the crepe paper texture and appearance has decreased. And, bonus, the AHA product is quite moisturizing. Thank you, Dan, for another great product. Now, I'm just hoping Dan produces this in the bigger pump bottle - yes, we would pay $40+ for the 16 oz size.

on 3/15/2011 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Love love love! I could not be happier with this product. I am about to order my 4th tube. I have very sensitive skin and am able to use this AHA without irritation! Great stuff.
I also use it on my body. I get breakouts on my back and chest so I use this nightly on those areas. I also use it occasionally on my legs when I'm getting a lot of clogged pores.
My only complaint is I need a bigger bottle! Lol.

My mom loves this stuff too.

on 11/21/2010 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This worked! I used it on my chest, upper back and buttocks where I would get the pesky blocked pores and pimples (nothing like the acne which was sometimes cystic that I had at the time on my face). It would really help clear up the areas. Of course I relented from using any other products in these areas. In hindsight, I'm pretty sure the blocked pores and pimples were caused by Palmer's cocoa butter. I have extremely sensitive skin that so far I have not found a product for every day or even occasional use that it tolerates. Having the most sucess leaving products alone. Facial skin really decongesting!!!
May come back to in the future. I am really learning from many sources about the skin and products. AHA seems to be more at one with the skin that BHA/bp/sacylic acid. My personal experience backs this 100%.

The first time I tried another brand's AHA soufflé 3 years ago I got a bout of severe sebborheic dermatitis on my forehead. Maybe it was a coincidence? I've applied the acne.org product on a bunch of nights in the last 3 weeks and it exofliates REALLY well. While it does burn and sting my skin is not irritated or flakiy.

on 10/14/2010 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Gosh, what can I say about this product...I can't live without it. It has been THE ONLY thing to EVER help with my cystic acne. I'm not just saying I've tried everything just to make a point...I've literally tried MOST products out there for cystic acne from over the counter to RX (spending thousands, I'm sure) and this AHA has been the only thing to work. I use it at night and apply over the entire face, minus the sensitive area's (under eye, around lips, etc). I apply a little more to my cystic acne proned area's aka jawline, cheeks and chin. I'm telling you, it's worth a shot to try to clear up cystic acne. And please try the Acne.org face wash and bp, they have also helped me but the AHA has been the clincher in clearing my face. My scars are also slowly diminishing (I have slight indentations and hyperpigmentation) with the use of this AHA. I will never go without this product. EDIT: I have to take 2 stars off. Although it's simply AMAZING at fading acne scars and it really does help with clearing cystic acne, I feel that it's also somewhat of a creator of cystic acne as well. Here, I thought it was just hormonal cysts that would pop up once a month. I stopped using this AHA and I haven't had a huge cyst in some time. I read the back ingredients one more time since I started using this product and I can't believe I missed this: cyclomethicone...which, I've read is also another form of cyclopentasiloxane. That's is a NO NO for my skin, causes cysts for me.