Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favourite leave-in conditioner - it's lasted forever considering I only use one pump every time I shower. I have long, loose curly hair that is prone to frizz and dryness at the ends. When I use those after I shower, my ends looks great and never dry out! My hair also splits quite easily, and I haven't needed a haircut yet!
Also, the price is great - I think I got it for $2.25 at Zellers.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is a great. I use one pump, apply to the ends of my hair only, run a tad bit through my bangs, blow dry, then flat iron. The result is amazingly soft and straight hair that lasts. I get compliments on it quite often and people are amazed at how healthy my hair is for being highligted and colored. The first time I used it i hated it because it made my hair impossible to style but I now know this was because I used way too much!

I don't think this repairs hair. I believe it only masks the damage, however, it does protect against heat and that is a plus in my book due to my flat iron addiction. I will continue to buy this.

on 5/15/2010 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to admit, I am a die hard high end type girl. But this is definitely a exception. I tried this a year or so ago at my daughter's when I forgot my own leave-in and it was amazing. Always leaves my long almost waist length, always coloured hair easy to comb through, super soft and super slinky. Never builds up, Still fabulous the next day (important since I only wash every second day). Great stuff, have purchased over and over again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on my third bottle of this stuff! It's wonderful. Smells great, feels so silky when applying and a little goes a long way. I apply it at night after my shower and wake up with silky strands.

I have a huge problem with leave-ins making my hair crusty and dry on the ends, but not this one! My hair feels incomplete without it after a shower!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my favourite leave-in conditioner. I have curly hair and I only use a small amount to rub in at the ends of my hair. It's great and inexpensive and I would recommend it to anyone with dry or damaged ends.

This leave in does smell good but oh my goodness it is so bad for my hair.

I always used a small amount and no matter what it left an oily film on my scalp.It dried out my hair and made it more tangley when my hair was completely dried. I doubt it did anything to prevent split ends.

Not to mention that Herbal Essences has been named one of the worst drugstore hair care products you can use for your hair..

I won't be buying this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Price: 1 lippie.

Dirt cheap! I bought it for $2.50 at Target. That alone made me very happy.

Packaging Quality: 4 Lippies

Comes in a cool toned red bottle with a pump. The label isn't the absolute cutest out there, but all in all the packaging is not hideous whatsoever.

Overall Rating: 4 lippies.
I would have given this a 3.5 if possible. Don't get me wrong, I love this stuff. However the ONLY reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because of the ingredients. Going through the reviews here sort of made me paranoid about whether or not this was causing more damage than good. I apply a tiny bit of coconut oil before this to counteract any potential drying effects the alcohol in this leave-in might have. ON THE OTHER HAND, nothing can fully repair damaged hair. So its not like I was expecting a miracle. THIS STUFF MAKES MY DRY HAIR FEEL SO SOFT & FLAWLESS! It masks any damage. I also love love love the color of this stuff. It's light pink/purple & very Viva La Gaga esque. Everyone else says this stuff smells strongly of candy & raspberries. I can't detect any fragrance in it though, but that might be due to my poor sense of smell + body chemistry. Its a win win situation either-way.

Would you buy this product again?: YES! Unless I feel its causing damage. So far so good. I am very satisfied with my purchase. :)

on 4/10/2010 11:24:00 PM

It smells delicious, I think smell is really important because it's what YOU will smell like after you put it in your hair. I think that's the only thing I like about this product. It's not that moisturizing and I find it a bit thick. After I put it in, it felt like I didn't wash my hair because it made my hair feel weighed down.

This is offically my HG leave in conditioner.
I always try and stray away cause I love trying out new stuff for my hair
but I could never find any that could compare to this
I always come back to it cause it's the only one that KEEPS the split ends away and makes my hair EXTRA soft

and on top of that it smells like raspberries
omg love love love this <3
I hope they never discontinue it *knock on wood*

Skin: Other, Tan, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I used the Long Term Relationship leave in conditioner for one month straight and my nappy hair and split ends don't feel as dry and damaged. My hair feels a lot healthier. This is some good stuff, it is also good to use for those days you don't wash your hair and you don't want your head to smell like "head sweat" (ahem, like mayonnaise. Gross, I know!). This stuff smells amazing!!