Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In [DISCONTINUED]

Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use the hair mask one in the tub. I've found it really good for my split ends as they are usually dry and tangly after I wash my hair but after using the treatment they are smooth and don't tangle at all. Just don't apply it to your scalp if you have oily hair, only your ends. i love this product and it leaves your hair smelling lovely :)

This leave in does smell good but oh my goodness it is so bad for my hair.

I always used a small amount and no matter what it left an oily film on my scalp.It dried out my hair and made it more tangley when my hair was completely dried. I doubt it did anything to prevent split ends.

Not to mention that Herbal Essences has been named one of the worst drugstore hair care products you can use for your hair..

I won't be buying this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Price: 1 lippie.

Dirt cheap! I bought it for $2.50 at Target. That alone made me very happy.

Packaging Quality: 4 Lippies

Comes in a cool toned red bottle with a pump. The label isn't the absolute cutest out there, but all in all the packaging is not hideous whatsoever.

Overall Rating: 4 lippies.
I would have given this a 3.5 if possible. Don't get me wrong, I love this stuff. However the ONLY reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because of the ingredients. Going through the reviews here sort of made me paranoid about whether or not this was causing more damage than good. I apply a tiny bit of coconut oil before this to counteract any potential drying effects the alcohol in this leave-in might have. ON THE OTHER HAND, nothing can fully repair damaged hair. So its not like I was expecting a miracle. THIS STUFF MAKES MY DRY HAIR FEEL SO SOFT & FLAWLESS! It masks any damage. I also love love love the color of this stuff. It's light pink/purple & very Viva La Gaga esque. Everyone else says this stuff smells strongly of candy & raspberries. I can't detect any fragrance in it though, but that might be due to my poor sense of smell + body chemistry. Its a win win situation either-way.

Would you buy this product again?: YES! Unless I feel its causing damage. So far so good. I am very satisfied with my purchase. :)

This works well for my long, straight hair, leaving it silky, shiny, and almost tangle-free. The problem for me is the smell. It's lovely (if a bit strong) when I first put it in but as the day progresses, my hair begins to take on a distinctly fishy odor. I'm aware that this may just be the way the fragrance reacts to my personal body chemistry but it is DISGUSTING.

Performance-wise, this would be a 4.5/5.0 for me, but I just can't take the smell.

on 4/10/2010 11:24:00 PM

It smells delicious, I think smell is really important because it's what YOU will smell like after you put it in your hair. I think that's the only thing I like about this product. It's not that moisturizing and I find it a bit thick. After I put it in, it felt like I didn't wash my hair because it made my hair feel weighed down.

This is offically my HG leave in conditioner.
I always try and stray away cause I love trying out new stuff for my hair
but I could never find any that could compare to this
I always come back to it cause it's the only one that KEEPS the split ends away and makes my hair EXTRA soft

and on top of that it smells like raspberries
omg love love love this <3
I hope they never discontinue it *knock on wood*

on 3/23/2010 8:37:00 PM

OMG I LOVE this product! It made my hair so healthy and totally minimised the split ends. I love the entire collection. My hair is very thin and veeery long thanks to these products and especially to this treatment. I absolutely would recommend this to anyone and the smell is amazing! <3 <3 <3

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

It smells really good but I find that when I leave it in my hair, it's really sticky. It helps to control frizz, but it's not that moisturizing.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this for a beach vacation, since i ran out of my favorite kiehl's leave-in (discontinued :( ). my hair is extremely fine, very highlighted and down to my waist. it's naturally straight but is basically a dreadlock when i get out of the shower. i was really impressed with this leave-in! it didn't detangle as amazingly as some, but it was extremely moisturizing (despite crappy ingredients, i'm sure) and it left my hair with body. whenever i use it at the beach or at home, it makes my hair a little wavy, very soft and frizz free. also, the pump locks, which is a plus for travel. definitely a great cheap fix, and it smells great too!

Skin: Other, Tan, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I used the Long Term Relationship leave in conditioner for one month straight and my nappy hair and split ends don't feel as dry and damaged. My hair feels a lot healthier. This is some good stuff, it is also good to use for those days you don't wash your hair and you don't want your head to smell like "head sweat" (ahem, like mayonnaise. Gross, I know!). This stuff smells amazing!!