Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

4.4

on 8/22/2012 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Heroine Make is a kind of expensive Japanese drugstore make up brand. I've been using much cheaper brands before this (Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing and Essence Multi Action Smokey Eyes), so this was sort of a splurge for me.
Having used volumizing ones before this I was rather let down by the effects that this mascara gives, but of course I know it is strictly for length and curl only, judging by the claims on the packaging. The mascara has sort of a wet consistency but isn't too runny which is good, and the wand is has many plastic spikes which coat the lashes thoroughly. Length wise I think it does quite a good job; my lashes look slightly longer than they usually are with just two coats, however, it doesn't give a curl whatsoever, so I end up with long and flat lashes which aren't a good look. They also dry hard so my lashes are pretty stiff afterwards, which I don't really like. I don't know if I am expecting too much, but for the money I think I'll stick to my cheaper drugstore finds. I would not repurchase.

Love this mascara for my straight, short lashes. This lenghtens like no other mascara. I would love to try the volumizing one.

on 6/28/2012 11:44:00 PM

I've repurchased this at least 5 times. It's simply the best -- holds curl, feathery lashes, doesn't dry out lashes, and adds length. No transferring at all on my super smudge-prone eye shape.

on 6/16/2012 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I think I found my HG of mascaras! I can't say I've tried many mascaras but I have had a few and I can honestly say this makes my lashes look 5x longer. I like the formula because it doesnt clump my eyelashes together. It looks like I'm wearing falsies when I use this. The packaging is nice too, it's a burgundy/wine color and doesn't look all gaudy. It looks really sleek and fancy. :) I got this in a swap, but it's around $12 - $16 on Ebay. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone. Just a note though, this baby is WATERPROOF. I mean, like you would need a REALLY good oil-based makeup cleanser to wash this sucker off your lashes. I got too lazy trying to take it off the first day of wearing it, so I finally got it completely off the second day of having it on overnight. Lol

on 6/4/2012 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is my second favorite next to my Majolica Majorica Lash Expander Frame Plus. Awesome mascara for those stubborn Asian lashes!

PROS:
- Awesome job at holding a curl!
- Great length!!!!
- Super waterproof
- No flakes
- Easy to apply
- Perfect wand (small and curved - perfect for smaller Asian lashes and corners)
- Black color
- Affordable, especially online it's so much cheaper than Uwajimaya stores
- Buildable volume
- Great for layering with a cheaper volumizing mascara on top (like L'Oreal Voluminous)

CONS:
- Sometimes hard to find
- Lashes can feel kinda hard but results are sooo worth it!

Will I repurchase??? OF COURSE!!!!!

on 5/9/2012 3:47:00 AM

Wow. I'm happy to say that the reviewers on MUA has pointed me in the right direction with this one! My main criteria for mascara is good staying power and keeps the curl. I'm not as preoccupied with volumizing and lengthening. This mascara fits precisely that bill. You're not going to get terrific volume or length, but what you will get is UNBEATABLE staying power. Really, I have not used a mascara that exceeds the staying power of this. I can put it on in the morning, pull an all nighter in the library, clean up my under eyes, and go another day in school without removing this mascara. At the end of that second day, it still looks great. That is amazing! Though it isn't readily available at stores except some Japanese and Korean stores and online, it is well worth the shipping time.

on 4/18/2012 9:19:00 PM

BEST MASCARA EVER!! Bought this mascara recently and totally in love with it! It doesn't smudge and dries fairly quick. 2 coats is enough to make my asian lashes longer and fuller. I love how it has fiber pieces in it to make my lashes look longer too. It's waterproof - I know because I tried splashing water on my mascara-coated lashes and rubbing it, was so pleased that it did not smudge.

But you just have to be careful when swiping the mascara on because too much of it will make it clump together easily.

on 3/20/2012 9:51:00 AM

Excellent, my favourate mascara!! My lashes stays curled, mascara did not transfer, and gave me a really 'natural' fake lash look. Loving it!

This is my go-to, everyday mascara. It stay puts and keeps my short, stubborn lashes long and curled for the whole day.

Even a shower and face cleaner can't budge this stuff. I remove this mascara at the end of the day with an oil-based remover (Lancome Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover).

The mascara wand is shaped nicely to catch every lash, and while the formula does contain fibres, application is clean. The desired effect on the lashes can vary depending on how much you apply. On some days I use only one very light coat which suffices to give my lashes natural lift and length, while steady building of coats can transform the lashes into a look that is very full and dramatic, especially as I am able to manoeuvre the brush to concentrate the product on my outer lashes very easily.

I will definitely be buying this again!

I actually love this mascara! i have short straight lashes, this mascara holds up the curls. i love the length and volume it gives. It separates my lashes very well and doesn't clump. The brush is small and has a unique shape that makes it very easy to coat every lash from inner corners to out, and my "barely there" lower lashes. I bought this mascara online for about $15-$17. I don't know where to find it where i live (markham) i haven't checked asian malls yet, but if i do, i would definitely buy it again, even if i can't find it , i don't mind waiting for the online order to arrive.