April 18, 2014 | 1945 users online

Polishes - Bourjois - So Laque Nail Enamel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 6:40:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I'm a huge fan of bourjois products and since I live in Canada the prices are a lot higher than if I had lived in the UK.
I was introduced to bourjois by essie button on YouTube and I'm so glad she did a brand focus video on bourjois because I would never have found out how great 99% of their products were.

Anywho I bought this nail polish in the colour #28 rose lounge, after reading that Kate Middleton wore this with Essie Allure on her wedding day to Prince William which pushed me to buy it lol.
But I'm slightly disappointed. The polish was too transparent imo and it chipped within 3 days (even with base and top coat). It's thick, gloopy and slightly hard to apply because it was somewhat streaky. I really wanted to like this product and for about 10$ CDN before taxes I hoped for a better product. I think I'm going to stay with my bourjois 1 second nail varnish instead. But I think this is a good colour if you're looking for that au natural / ready for an interview look.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by ils13

I have this in shade 44 - Blue Model and bought it because I totally fell in love with the color: a very nice, blue-ish mint shade. That along with the promise of the ultimate shine convinced me of my purchase. But what a mistake. The first layer goes on pretty well but is totally transparent. When you start applying the second layer, it's just terrible. Thick, streaky, uneven;... It looks very thick at the edges of your nails, as if you put on five layers instead of two. In fact, you need at least three layers to get the colour right, but then it'll look just gross so yeah: this is 8 euros that'll go straight into the bin! That's also the reason why I only gave one lippie for "price": it's so incredibly bad that even 7 or 8 euros is waaaay too much!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by MegamiOrchard

Have now tried two of these polishes and both were ridiculously 'gloopy' by the second time I used them. Won't be buying again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by shumjaffer

I have Fuchisa Hype shade 23. This is a nice creamy, shiny and easy to use polish that does give a laquer-like finish after two coats. The product applies very easily without streaking (such a blessing!) and the coverage is good. I find that one layer is in some cases enough if you apply slowly, but usually I prefer to do two thin layers.

It's really shiny so great for those days when you are rushing to get ready and don't have time to apply a top coat! It doesn't chip at all but it does wear off at the tips rather fast.

They are so shiny because there is twice as much vinyl and highly reflective resins in the formula as the average polish, this also helps the polish to hold for up to 7 days.

Overall, i am in love with this shade.

for swatches :http://beautyredefine.blogspot.com/2013/07/so-laque-ultra-shine-nail-enamel.html

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by DeeDanosaur

I really hate this nail polish. The first time I used it, I had to put 3 coats to get a solid pigment colour, but it was so liquidy and clumpy at the same time and left visible streak marks. After it completely dried with top coat, the tiniest contact with any surface, even closing the top coat bottle made a huge clump of it come off and it chipped the next day.
Defiantly not buying this again, even though it was very well priced.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by chop_stiks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am surprised by the high rating of this polish. I have the Rose Merveille 45. It takes at least 3 coats to get a pigment and even then its not a perfect coverage. It is very streaky, and bubbles. They have great colors but for the price and result, I'm sticking with Essie.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2012 8:09:00 AM More reviews by ErinShepard

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used Bourjois base and top coats for years and like them, so I snapped up the magenta color when I saw it.

Even though I only applied it 18 hours ago, it has chipped, rubbed and even peeled off. Since this is the second time it has happened, it is going in the bin when I get home and I'll never buy Bourjois nail polish again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

I remember buying a Bourjois nail polish years ago (one of those limited edition ones in the itsy bitsy cute bottles) and it was horrible streaky and gross. Either i got a bad batch back then or they've changed the formula, because i absolutely love this one! It's shiny, opaque (you can easily get away with one coat if you're in a hurry) and the formulation is wonderfully smooth. The colour i bought is called 'Magenta Show' in number 43.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Laurafergs

I have this is #26 Beige Elegant. I picked it up using the bourjoisoffer.com.au coupon at Priceline, so got it for $2 instead of $12. I actually really like this formula. I find that a single light coat has enough opacity in it to get away with and it dries really fast! It's a feature that they should use to advertise.

It is quite shiny, which I like and this particular colour, with a couple of coats, highlights your natural nails and makes them look healthy and tidy.

I've been wearing it for a few days but can't really comment on the '7 days of shine' claim yet. I think it probably does hold up better than most polishes in terms of shine.

As for price, I only really got it because I had the coupon, but I'd say if you fell in love with a colour or, in the case of #26, you needed a reliable everyday nail colour, it'd be worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a nice creamy, shiny polish that does give a laquer-like finish after two coats. I find one coat to be a bit too streaky. I have this in tangerine which is a muted orange and looks lovely on the feet for summer. The brush is quite thick and nice but I still prefer the fan effect brush of Bourjois 1second nail polishes. Going to buy more colours in this.