October 24, 2014 | 938 users online

Shampoo - Equate - Vitamin Shampoo plus Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by JenniferDeann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased Equate Totally Clean shampoo at Wal-mart and it's awesome. It cleans my fine, dry hair well without drying it out. A 25 ounce bottle cost only $3.12! I have been dealing with sensitive skin and scalp issues and this does not bother me one bit, and that's huge. I took one lippie off because the scent is a little perfumey, and when I use it the day after I color my hair it actually stinks! Weird. Otherwise a real gem. Update 10/12/09: I am trying the Smoothing formula and I like it even more! Leaves my hair clean and smelling good. Update again 8/18/10: Equate changed the formula of the moisturizing formula and I didn't see the smoothing or the regular version on the shelf at all. I bought both the shampoo and the conditioner and while I like the shampoo (seems to be a bit less harsh) the conditioner makes my scalp itch and my hair frizzy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Ello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nasty Cheap Knockoff of a shampoo that isnt so great to begin with. I bought this after leaving my travel bag at home and I was in a hotel in florida, Wal-mart was the nearest thing that was open. I didnt want to spend a lot of money since I was on vacation and I had my Paul Mitchell shampoos at home, I figured since I was not going to use them after vacation, why spend any more $$$ than I have to. The shampoo did not lather (not due to the Florida water either!)...the conditioner left my hair greasy and heavy. Ended up stopping by a salon the next day and buying an extra set of my Paul Mitchell Products for fear of damaging my hair! :o) Im not too picky, but these products were terrible! I was not expecting much since it is a offband of a DS shampoo...but sheesh!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 10:28:00 AM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not too bad. I've used this and the moisturizing shampoo. I don't need this for every day, but they are really nice, cheap products to keep around. I prefer these to brands like Pantene and Herbal Essences. Light Scent, really creamy, thick lathering shampoos. They rinse clean but leave hair soft. I didn't notice any silicone build up from this. I still need conditioner (and all in one's don't really clean well enough to use daily), but I'd buy Equate brand again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2007 4:51:00 AM More reviews by anywayreally

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this brand, too. I use the shampoo and conditioner separate. They are so nice to my hair and so much more reasonable than Pantene.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2007 12:52:00 AM More reviews by 867_5309

I use this everyday--it's about $1 at Walmart. Leaves my hair soft, silky, and shiny. God only knows how many bottles of this I have went through. I have never felt the need to buy any expensive shampoos--this is it from here on out. I use it everyday & it always delivers the same results. I think everyone should give it a try.